I'm not talking about these endless regurgitations of features and specs that we already know. I'm talking about real, hands on, technical reviews that will give us authoritative information on things like battery life, camera quality, lag issues (hopefully there are none), speaker/earpiece quality, etc?
    03-03-2015 09:34 PM
    Usually the blog sites get review units between now and launch. It depends on if and when the embargo is lifted on full reviews.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    03-03-2015 11:02 PM
    Mid march to early April

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    03-03-2015 11:19 PM
    Usually the blog sites get review units between now and launch. It depends on if and when the embargo is lifted on full reviews.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Who places an embargo on real reviews? Samsung? One would think they'd be shoving these phones down reviewers throats to get reviews out and circulating ASAP. They look to have an absolutely killer product and reviews are the best way to generate buzz and anticipation. Why would anyone want to throttle that?
    03-04-2015 05:36 AM
    I think the reviews by blog sites are good and bad, especially if you get someone biased towards a particular device. I want to see the real end user stuff - after apps are added and the device is tweaked a little. I refuse to cripple any device I have in order to obtain longer battery - I'm going to use it my way and so should everyone else (in their way ).

Launch is slated for April 10th so I would imagine some reviews will start with the next week or two.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    03-04-2015 06:43 AM
    Who places an embargo on real reviews? Samsung? One would think they'd be shoving these phones down reviewers throats to get reviews out and circulating ASAP. They look to have an absolutely killer product and reviews are the best way to generate buzz and anticipation. Why would anyone want to throttle that?
    Probably an outdated tradition that no one ever bothered to change.
    03-04-2015 11:46 AM
    Many of these tech sites are biased towards Apple anyway. There are only a few that I trust to give honest reviews.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    03-04-2015 02:10 PM
    They do give them review units -- Everyone just has to relax. They want us to want these but they can't just snap their finger and have everything done in a day. They follow a schedule .. always have .. always will.

Unveiling - > Demo units to reviewers - > release.
    03-04-2015 02:13 PM
    I think the reviews by blog sites are good and bad, especially if you get someone biased towards a particular device. I want to see the real end user stuff - after apps are added and the device is tweaked a little. I refuse to cripple any device I have in order to obtain longer battery - I'm going to use it my way and so should everyone else (in their way ).

Launch is slated for April 10th so I would imagine some reviews will start with the next week or two.
    I've never found a tough objective review on any brand new phone until it has been out for a couple of months. The early reviews all gush over speed and features and fail to find or mention flaws.
    ibcop likes this.
    03-04-2015 06:42 PM