So all this talk that the S6 looks so much like the iPhone.....
    If so, why would you choose the S6 rather than an iPhone?
    Myself, I only recently used an iPhone for about 5 days test driving T-Mobile.
    A couple things I did appreciate about the iPhone was Pandora sounded so much better than on my Note 2,
    and the Task Switcher 'Cards' were very similar to webOS.
    There were some things I found more cumbersome than Android, but that may just have been my lack of familiarity with iOS.
    Personally, I'm going to hold off on the S6 because I still need/want the SD card and removable battery.
    But if those features are gone, then what are some of the reasons you'll still choose Android over iOS?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-04-2015 09:39 AM
    03-04-2015 09:45 AM
    The OS comes first when I make my decision. I like Android and it works for me and I'm pretty deep into the Google ecosystem. My wife has an iPhone and that works for her. I have used her multiple iPhones and I just don't like iOS. Android is what I like and I look for that first in a phone. After that, I then find the hardware that meets the most of requirements.
    Issemann, debdroid1a and neiljay6 like this.
    03-04-2015 09:52 AM
    iOS is SO BORING, you can do anything on the OS except what Apple allows you to do. At least with Android you can customize the majority of things, such as themes, change icons, change home screen designs, replace apps with new ones from the Play Store, etc.
    sqa4life and neiljay6 like this.
    03-04-2015 09:55 AM
    The OS comes first when I make my decision. I like Android and it works for me and I'm pretty deep into the Google ecosystem. My wife has an iPhone and that works for her. I have used her multiple iPhones and I just don't like iOS. Android is what I like and I look for that first in a phone. After that, I then find the hardware that meets the most of requirements.
    ^^^ Exactly!! I love Apple's hardware and the iPhone 6 is no exception. It's a great size and feels great in your hand. But iOS is just not my thing. I will recommend the iPhone to family & friends who aren't very technical. So, for me, I'm glad the S6 is very similar to the iPhone 6!! Only thing I'm worried about is the glass back, but I guess a good case will solve that problem.
    03-04-2015 10:09 AM
    Yeah, me too.
    Even though I have a Mac, I don't use iTunes, iCloud, iAnything.
    I use gmail, Google Voice, Google Drive - pretty much everything Google.
    I would think that in itself has a big bearing on why people stay where they are.

03-04-2015 10:10 AM
    I like iPhones and I like iOS. No gate or malice from me. I think both Android and iOS are great mobile operating systems and think iPhones are great products. Particularity good at photos. Apple camera software people are amazing.

Currently use an android phone but would have no trouble going to the iPhone again.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    03-04-2015 09:38 PM
    ^^^ Exactly!! I love Apple's hardware and the iPhone 6 is no exception. It's a great size and feels great in your hand. But iOS is just not my thing. I will recommend the iPhone to family & friends who aren't very technical. So, for me, I'm glad the S6 is very similar to the iPhone 6!! Only thing I'm worried about is the glass back, but I guess a good case will solve that problem.
    I also prefer the Android system. Apple products look good and the screens are nice and apps are good. But Android is doing better then when they first started.

iPhones are not any easier. I had to teach a coworker how to send a photo to her email. After I figured it out on her iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-06-2015 08:02 AM
    A couple things I did appreciate about the iPhone was Pandora sounded so much better than on my Note 2,
    There were some things I found more cumbersome than Android, but that may just have been my lack of familiarity with iOS.
    Personally, I'm going to hold off on the S6 because I still need/want the SD card and removable battery.
    But if those features are gone, then what are some of the reasons you'll still choose Android over iOS?

Because android is better than ios......
    03-06-2015 08:04 AM

Many people prefer the flexibility of Android to the software/hardware integration of the iPhone. Both Android and iOS have great things to offer and can be had with great hardware. Apps for both are in abundance and with abundant quality. While there is no "better" or "best" IMO this is an Android forum in which most bias will obviously be towards Android.

♻from the Note III🍶
    03-06-2015 08:38 AM

Because it's not Apple. And I despise iTunes.
    03-06-2015 08:46 AM
    Easy answer for me, I don't like iOS, I find the Android a much better UI experience.
    03-06-2015 08:47 AM
    Lack of customization is the biggest drawback with iOS. But the lack of a back button is the biggest flaw - that's the one thing I cannot handle when I troubleshoot someone's iPhone (which, contrary to popular belief, happens A LOT).
    Issemann likes this.
    03-06-2015 08:50 AM
    I messed with the iphone6 + yesterday and I must say I was somewhat impressed. I haven't touched a iPhone since the iPhone 3.. The camera was real nice, quality pics. The biggest thing I didn't like was the no back button. I currently am using the m8, which I have to say is my fav Android phone to date that I have owned. Switched to it from the Galaxy note2...
    03-06-2015 09:00 AM
    I actually like Apples hardware! Their software is what don't like. My humble opinion
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-06-2015 09:41 AM
    I personally use both (Note 4 / iPhone 6+) and enjoy them both. Each have their strengths .. and weaknesses. I would say most people use phones like the S6 because they like Android more. Simple as that. Looks aren't 100% of what people go on .. it is the feel of the OS and what they can (or can't) do .

Because it's not Apple. And I despise iTunes.
    I do too but you don't even need to use iTunes now .
    03-06-2015 10:11 AM
    I personally use both (Note 4 / iPhone 6+) and enjoy them both. Each have their strengths .. and weaknesses. I would say most people use phones like the S6 because they like Android more. Simple as that. Looks aren't 100% of what people go on .. it is the feel of the OS and what they can (or can't) do .

I do too but you don't even need to use iTunes now .
    Ha! See, that just shows what I know about Apple.
    03-06-2015 02:21 PM
    I have the iPhone 6 Plus and will happily pay my next 8 payments to AT&T on my Next Plan just to get an S6 Edge128GB, the reason I went with the 6 Plus was the internal storage which no Android OEM gave us. Samsung has finally done it and smashed the glass walls in the process. I for one will be very happy back on Samsung.
    03-06-2015 10:20 PM
    You read my freaking mind!
    My wife has the iphone6 & I have to show her everything. We both had galaxy phones previously. She could do everything on that phone without any help from me. It takes me twice as long to accomplish the same task on the iPhone
    "Intuitive & just works" That's just freaking bull****

Inders99 likes this.
    03-06-2015 11:44 PM
    Because android is better than ios......
    Android is not better than iOS. Just look at the level of hardware optimization. (iPhone 6)2012 specs but runs like a 2014-2015 flagship Android device. Imagine Android achieving the levels of optimization. Samsung phones would break open the ceilings of benchmarks. It would also show in day to day use.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    03-07-2015 04:59 AM
    You read my freaking mind!
    My wife has the iphone6 & I have to show her everything. We both had galaxy phones previously. She could do everything on that phone without any help from me. It takes me twice as long to accomplish the same task on the iPhone
    "Intuitive & just works" That's just freaking bull****

I can't agree with more!
    03-07-2015 06:19 AM