04-30-2015 01:11 PM
83 1234
tools
    The definition of insanity is trying or saying the same thing repeatedly expecting a different result. The reality is that the expandable storage and swappable battery are two design choices based upon what we have seen that are set and will not cause the manufacturing process to stop just to accommodate a shrinking market segment that wants these features. Cloud storage and external hard drives as well as increased base model storage options with 32GB being the low end make this less of an issue. If Samsung had strong reason to believe that these design choices should be retained, they might have survived in the GS6.

Choices are as follows :

Accept the current design changes and buy the GS6.

Buy another device that has these design elements.

Wait and hope for them in the GS7.

No matter how times you post, Samsung has enough research and business savvy that led them to make these design choices. They are responding to an obvious growing desire for improved materials, features, performance and functionality as well as recovering recently lost market share.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    Ry and neiljay6 like this.
    03-04-2015 11:29 PM
    So the S6 looks great and all. I've read most of the articles related to it and the S5 (and S5 Active). I have to wonder why Android Central praises this device so much since it seems to be going the way of Apple (meaning I'm not buying). Android Central was way into the water resistance of models during the 2014 year. There is also the Samsung ads from within the previous year's time that they harped about having a removable battery and the MicroSD cards could be swapped in and out. Why on earth are they chasing the rotten Apple? Do they wish to be the worm? They will simply lose. I have a S4 from At&t. I have no found no reason to upgrade my phone yet for a better one. I'd much rather stay with Samsung but this heap is pointless. There was much bellyaching about water and toilet drops before the S6 and now nothing of the sort. I guess Android Central and its writers are as easily dazzled by the next shiny object that comes along. Perhaps instead of comparing Apple crap, since it is all high mighty, compare the real world benefits (when you get your actual hands on a device that is yours) vs. the S5 (S5 Active too).
    Blah blah blah. Have fun with your S4. The rest of us will be in the future waiting for ya.....
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-04-2015 11:42 PM
    Unless it is a leaky shiny canoe...
    03-06-2015 11:00 AM
    FYI Samsung learned from the best in the business and the Chinese have caught on to the whole parodying each others phones until they get it right.
    03-06-2015 11:04 AM
    all media, AC included, have been bashing sammi for plastic design for years, I bet they feel at least somewhat obligated to validate their own critic by showering praises now sammi complies.

There you have it, its a wonderful loop, they demanded it, they get it, and they praise it to prove they were right all along!
    03-06-2015 11:18 AM
    "Different folks, different strokes". So, yeah there maybe complaints here and there but I trust that Sammy knew better. I see a bold Sammy here, unafraid to take the next step to be the "in" thing of this generation. We just have to keep moving forward and accept change or if change is difficult to accept, then we just have to grow with it. It ain't good to go sailing against the tide, if y'all know what I'm saying.
    03-06-2015 11:35 AM
    At least Samsung is giving you 32GB standard which for most people is more than enough space.
    All phones have compromises, you just gotta find one you can live with.
    03-06-2015 11:52 AM
    So the S6 looks great and all. I've read most of the articles related to it and the S5 (and S5 Active). I have to wonder why Android Central praises this device so much since it seems to be going the way of Apple (meaning I'm not buying). Android Central was way into the water resistance of models during the 2014 year. There is also the Samsung ads from within the previous year's time that they harped about having a removable battery and the MicroSD cards could be swapped in and out. Why on earth are they chasing the rotten Apple? Do they wish to be the worm? They will simply lose. I have a S4 from At&t. I have no found no reason to upgrade my phone yet for a better one. I'd much rather stay with Samsung but this heap is pointless. There was much bellyaching about water and toilet drops before the S6 and now nothing of the sort. I guess Android Central and its writers are as easily dazzled by the next shiny object that comes along. Perhaps instead of comparing Apple crap, since it is all high mighty, compare the real world benefits (when you get your actual hands on a device that is yours) vs. the S5 (S5 Active too).
    If you s4 is working fine why would you even want to upgrade ?
    03-06-2015 12:06 PM
    Bottom line is the number of people who complained about their cheap plastic design FAR outnumbered those who want/need a SD card or removable battery. With Apple and HTC making beautifully crafted devices Samsung had to keep up. Samsung made the right choice in that regard. Makes no sense to keep complaining about it. The Note 4 or S5 are still available for ppl who need those features.
    I will complain if I can't afford to buy one while everyone else is having one, if you know what I meant :-)

Can't wait for it!
    03-06-2015 01:17 PM
    To be honest, for some reason, the more I think about the S6/Edge the more satisfied I am with what I already have.

♻from the Note III🍶
    03-06-2015 01:45 PM
    To be honest, for some reason, the more I think about the S6/Edge the more satisfied I am with what I already have.

♻from the Note III🍶
    Why? Price?
    03-06-2015 01:47 PM
    Why? Price?
    Na, I think the whole removables thing is making me appreciate that I can remove the battery and replace it or use an SD card if I wish.

♻from the Note III🍶
    03-06-2015 02:09 PM
    Everyone has their own opinion, and if removable batteries and SD support is what you need, then as many have said here, there are other options for you - and great options at that! I've had numerous phones with removable batteries and SD support and my experience with it is this - 1) the removable battery is nice, but I RARELY, if ever, swapped the battery and it really only served for peace of mind if the battery somehow went bad; and 2) I've had more than one SD card go corrupt causing me to spend many an hour deleting files that were so corrupt that they would lock up my computer when I tried to open them, I was forced to splice together some videos to remove the corrupt part (including one of us singing to my daughter on her first birthday), and lost numerous pictures of family events thanks to the SD card going rogue on me. I've had less issue with non-removable storage, in my experience (mostly Nexus/Moto devices and iOS devices).

I'm not saying that these things don't have some utility in the tech world, but c'mon, are you trying to tell me that a bunch of us on here have more experience in this sort of thing than Samsung? Hell no. I'm sure they did their research, and the average consumer doesn't need the swappable battery or SD card. I know my wife won't care as long as she has enough storage on her new S6. And she's probably in the majority group - which is what Samsung is targeting. People here are really the tech minority, whether we want to admit it or not. I'm perfectly content, and actually ecstatic at the idea of picking up an S6 or S6 Edge and can't wait for this to be my next phone.
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-06-2015 02:30 PM
    Na, I think the whole removables thing is making me appreciate that I can remove the battery and replace it or use an SD card if I wish.

♻from the Note III🍶
    Understandable. I have the S5 now and those are features I like to have, but can live without. And no, I don't like the idea of paying more for internal storage. Being an enthusiast is getting a lot more expensive.
    Wildo6882 and neiljay6 like this.
    03-06-2015 02:30 PM
    The changes for the S6 have made me very confident i'll be getting an S6 or S6 Edge this year…if you asked me a month ago, Samsung was at the bottom of my list. Looks like they sold me.
    03-06-2015 02:43 PM
    Being an enthusiast is getting a lot more expensive.
    Trust me, I know.

♻from the Note III🍶
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    03-06-2015 02:46 PM
    The changes for the S6 have made me very confident i'll be getting an S6 or S6 Edge this year…if you asked me a month ago, Samsung was at the bottom of my list. Looks like they sold me.
    I really didn't have much hope in them, even though I did like the Note. There was just some feeling inside that it would be a let down. But I liked everything I saw and I'm sold now without even trying it out.
    chezm likes this.
    03-06-2015 02:46 PM
    are you trying to tell me that a bunch of us on here have more experience in this sort of thing than Samsung? Hell no. I'm sure they did their research, and the average consumer doesn't need the swappable battery or SD card.
    hard to tell, big businesses make mistake all the time. Years back I vigorously argued at now defunct webOS nation forum that the HP Touchpad is way overpriced and has no chance to succeed against iPad, apparent HP market researchers though otherwise. Guess who was right in the end?
    03-06-2015 02:59 PM
    hard to tell, big businesses make mistake all the time. Years back I vigorously argued at now defunct webOS nation forum that the HP Touchpad is way overpriced and has no chance to succeed against iPad, apparent HP market researchers though otherwise. Guess who was right in the end?
    They do, there's no denying that. But we're a bunch of armchair quarterbacks here. And I could venture a guess that the lack of removable battery or SD card has ever hurt the sale of any iPhone, or probably any other smartphone on the market.
    03-06-2015 03:04 PM
    They do, there's no denying that. But we're a bunch of armchair quarterbacks here. And I could venture a guess that the lack of removable battery or SD card has ever hurt the sale of any iPhone, or probably any other smartphone on the market.
    i don't think we can ignore apple's cult following. Apple can make mistakes in the product and still sell a ton, think first gen iPhone w/o any native apps, think iPhone 1-5s with tiny screens., while no other phone makers can survive that long.

If you look solely within android-sphere, Sammi is doing best, which has always had removable battery and SD slot as differentiation factors.

So exactly what will happen when sammi abandon its past "advantage" and try to play in Apple's court with an improved design (some may even say it looks the best)? Maybe it will succeed, maybe it will not.

Only time will tell. Only one thing is for sure, sammi is taking a significant chance here.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    03-06-2015 03:38 PM
    The S6 is going to sell awesomely, assuming there no design flaws that get highly publicized (like the touchscreen not being responsive around the bezels or something wild like that). The general reaction to the device has been largely positive except for the tiny minority that are (rightfully?) upset about the lack of removables. ... and when the S6 sells incredibly well Samsung is going to affirm that they made the correct design decisions to sell the most phones at the lowest manufacturing costs.

♻from the Note III🍶
    03-06-2015 03:39 PM
    It's been five days of venting about the exclusion of the swappable battery and expandable storage being excluded. Accept the reality that they aren't going to be included. No matter how more posts about them, it won't change the reality of the situation. Embrace change and reality and vote with your wallet. When the GS7 comes up in the rumored or upcoming devices forum late this year, fire away. I would hazard to say that a growing chorus of those who would rather take a forward looking approach and see more topic posts that generate excitement about the GS6. The secret to failure is trying to please all the people all of the time. Samsung is taking a much more focused, forward looking approach. Jump on the moving train to the future and don't forget to mind the gap.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    neiljay6 and Wildo6882 like this.
    03-06-2015 03:42 PM
    i don't think we can ignore apple's cult following. Apple can make mistakes in the product and still sell a ton, think first gen iPhone w/o any native apps, think iPhone 1-5s with tiny screens., while no other phone makers can survive that long.

If you look solely within android-sphere, Sammi is doing best, which has always had removable battery and SD slot as differentiation factors.

So exactly what will happen when sammi abandon its past "advantage" and try to play in Apple's court with an improved design (some may even say it looks the best)? Maybe it will succeed, maybe it will not.

Only time will tell. Only one thing is for sure, sammi is taking a significant chance here.
    Samsung has almost the same cult following. Most of the "common" tech folk associate Samsung with Android. This phone won't fail, at least not because of the lack of removable battery or SD card. The quick charging and wireless charging, to the vast majority of people, will replace the need for a replaceable battery. And the storage options (with much more reliable on board storage) will reduce the need for an SD card for most users. An S5, which only came in 16gb has around 22gb of usable storage if you added a 16gb SD card. The lowest option of S6 will have more storage than that available to the user.
    neiljay6 likes this.
    03-06-2015 03:51 PM
    Samsung has almost the same cult following. Most of the "common" tech folk associate Samsung with Android. This phone won't fail, at least not because of the lack of removable battery or SD card. The quick charging and wireless charging, to the vast majority of people, will replace the need for a replaceable battery. And the storage options (with much more reliable on board storage) will reduce the need for an SD card for most users. An S5, which only came in 16gb has around 22gb of usable storage if you added a 16gb SD card. The lowest option of S6 will have more storage than that available to the user.
    Samsung's cult following is seriously underrated. "Common folk" know Galaxy.
    neiljay6 and Wildo6882 like this.
    03-06-2015 04:39 PM
    Samsung's cult following is seriously underrated. "Common folk" know Galaxy.
    Exactly. It's almost as bad as iPhone. Definitely not that bad, but it's up there.
    03-06-2015 04:44 PM
83 1234