04-30-2015 01:11 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    I wouldn't have had an issue that the glass was a little thicker. Whatever build material Samsung chooses next, I hope the device is thick enough so that we don't have a camera hump and that the camera is flush with the body, glass or aluminum.
    I couldn't agree more with this. That camera hump is annoying and probably a target for damage. At least a case mostly corrects this issue.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-30-2015 12:41 PM
    I will never buy a glass backed phone. 75%+ of the iPhones I see are all cracked up in back. I expect to see the same in the S6. Make it out of plastic or aluminum. A true premium material would be carbon fiber.
    I'm not sure who's phones you're looking at, but I carried an all glass iPhone 4S for nearly 3 years and it had exactly zero damage. I didn't use a heavy duty case like otterbox either.

04-30-2015 12:43 PM
    I couldn't agree more with this. That camera hump is annoying and probably a target for damage. At least a case mostly corrects this issue.

Agreed, if it didn't have the camera hump I wouldn't need a case at all. The lens is just asking to get damaged when the phone is naked.

04-30-2015 12:46 PM
    I will never buy a glass backed phone. 75%+ of the iPhones I see are all cracked up in back. I expect to see the same in the S6. Make it out of plastic or aluminum. A true premium material would be carbon fiber.
    Put the device in a rugged case to mitigate breaks. The chassis is aluminum. The glass is Gorilla Glass 4 so it might be more resistant to scratch and dings than the last generation iPhone. The choice I believe had something to do with wireless charging which is built in. There are always going to be those who are happy with anything Samsung tries to do to respond to customers needs.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-30-2015 12:47 PM
    Agreed, if it didn't have the camera hump I wouldn't need a case at all. The lens is just asking to get damaged when the phone is naked.

I think it may have been android authority (?), the S6 was leaning upright against something and slipped on to it's back, cracking the camera lens. That's like 7cm high or something.

04-30-2015 01:01 PM
    I hope that removable batteries and SD slots don't go completely by the wayside in all flagship level phones. With some reservations about it I'm probably getting my S6 this weekend but am disappointed in the long term trends. From my perspective cloud storage is incapable of being a viable substitute for local storage.
    04-30-2015 01:04 PM
    I think it may have been android authority (?), the S6 was leaning upright against something and slipped on to it's back, cracking the camera lens. That's like 7cm high or something.

yes, it was while they were reviewing the phone...it didnt crack the lens but the outter lens got scratched didnt impact the camera functionality...but yes dangerous nevertheless.
    04-30-2015 01:07 PM
    I hope that removable batteries and SD slots don't go completely by the wayside in all flagship level phones. With some reservations about it I'm probably getting my S6 this weekend but am disappointed in the long term trends. From my perspective cloud storage is incapable of being a viable substitute for local storage.
    I find it kinda bizarre to allow 4k recording (which eats gigabytes) and a superb camera that encourages you to take photos everywhere, yet limit local storage. Even the 32gb model is too small. Imagine trying to save your 2gb video to the cloud. Good luck with that. Google drive doesn't accept videos of that size I don't believe. Even if you could save it to the cloud, retrieving it would take an eternity. Where do you go? Find your cable and get used to managing/transferring your files regularly!

04-30-2015 01:11 PM
83 ... 234