View Poll Results: In your opnion, what is the most significant improvement brought by Samsung to the Galaxy S line?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • New phone body design [Metal + glass combination for a premium design]

14 35.90%
  • Much improved processor [Octa-core CPU, really good hardware test scores]

4 10.26%
  • RAM boost [2GB --> 3GB]

1 2.56%
  • UI improvement [lighter TouchWiz]

2 5.13%
  • Speaker relocation [back firing --> down firing]

1 2.56%
  • Higher resolution screen [1080p --> 1440p]

2 5.13%
  • Double edge for use with either hand

1 2.56%
  • Removal of micro sd card slot [performance boost on the phone]

0 0%
  • Improved camera [OIS + 5MP front facing camera]

5 12.82%
  • Fast Charging

1 2.56%
  • Built-in wireless charging modules

4 10.26%
  • MST [ Samsung Pay]

2 5.13%
  • Other

2 5.13%
03-11-2015 02:48 PM
43 12
tools
    You might be tired but it affects a lot of others who need to get it out of their system and also take a stand.

Posted via Android Central App
    Take a stand against what? There are other good choices out there...not sure I get al the drama over this, it's not the only phone made.
    ahj4513 and chezm like this.
    03-06-2015 07:04 AM
    Take a stand against what? There are other good choices out there...not sure I get al the drama over this, it's not the only phone made.
    I agree. Its like people who moan about being stuff in traffic, you just have to accept how things are.

Posted via the Android Central App
    scgf and ahj4513 like this.
    03-06-2015 07:11 AM
    Most important features on the S6:

(1) missing MicroSD card slot
    (2) non-removable battery
    Why don't you just buy buy a different phone and move on with your life

Posted via the Android Central App
    ahj4513 and chezm like this.
    03-06-2015 07:29 PM
    I'd vote for the fast camera opening. I could care less what it looks like as long as it's not pink.
    ahj4513 likes this.
    03-06-2015 08:00 PM
    Honestly it's MST as far as I'm concerned. Samsung actually came up with a way to interface their payment system with legacy magnetic stripe readers, negating the biggest barrier (in the US at least) to pay-by-smartphone adoption on the POS (seller) side. It's gonna be huge. HUGE!

My second choice would be UFS.
    ahj4513 likes this.
    03-06-2015 10:04 PM
    Honestly, I picked the design, but the fact that they packed so much more into the phone than apple ever could or would try I am amazed. Display, improved memory, camera (front and back), fingerprint sensor, wireless charging, etc., etc.
    ahj4513 likes this.
    03-06-2015 10:11 PM
    I'd vote for the fast camera opening. I could care less what it looks like as long as it's not pink.
    Vote under improved camera

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    03-06-2015 10:12 PM
    Double edge for use with either hand
    03-07-2015 11:44 AM
    Since we have one more month, let's vote and find out what we love the most about the new Galaxy S line!
    03-07-2015 09:29 PM
    I really couldn't decide--I said improved camera, because that is what I'm focused on right now, but I really love the higher end design. That plastic stuff was terrible. I also like the improved sound with the speakers on the ends. I have an HTC1 M7 right now. I love the metal body and the front facing speakers, but I would like a better camera. The battery and SD card is not an issue for me.

Seemingly the software is more streamlined, as well. I'm fortunate that I am due for an upgrade April 19, so it is perfect timing. Not sure about the finger print stuff and Samsung Pay, but I will probably like it, just never have had it.
    03-10-2015 09:35 PM
    I know that I'm late to the discussion, but it really wasn't 1 feature that makes me take a second look at the S6. it was really 3 features or spec that did it for me. I'll list them from least to most important.

First and least important is memory or storage sizes. If I'm going to go without a micro SD card then I need more then 32gb of storage.
    While the base model might be only 32gb, I should only have to wait a mouth or so for the 64gb model and I don't see that being an issue even in the color that I want. Again, I might have to wait a good month or so, but 64gb in black shouldn't be an issue. (if you are waiting for the 128gb model, then availability and or your color preference might be an issue... I have a feeling that most carriers will not stock the 128gb model in any or most colors)

The new camera. Starting with the S4 I've realized that I take the vast majority of cellphone pics indoors and in low light. I still take plenty of pictures outside and in bright light too, but only when I don't have my dSLR with me.
    Samsung was always good with their cameras but starting with the note 4 they began to use faster lens and OIS.

While the HTC One m9 has a good camera, it has a slower lens and no OIS like on the S6. That was a huge deal breaker for me in getting my next toy (I mean phone).

Finally, Samsung pay. While it might be popular in Japan for years, NFC payments have been non existent in America. Even Google wallet today is almost useless as very few retail and food chains offer such NFC payments. Even Apple is having a difficult time implementing apple pay because of the lack of NFC readers and support.

But because Samsung purchased Loop pay, the S6 now offers both magnetic swipe and NFC style of payments. And while this might not be a big deal in some places, in America this is huge. I can have all my cards stored on my phone and then use them in almost every store or restaurant today, and not in a year or two once NFC readers in the states become more popular. This tops what Apple is trying to do because it is almost impossible to get American businesses to implement the readers.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)
    03-11-2015 04:09 AM
    The camera. The camera is the most significant new feature. After that, the build.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍✒
    03-11-2015 04:26 AM
    Improved camera and new fingerprint scanner are the 2 big ones for me. Followed slightly by the lighter Touchwiz.
    03-11-2015 08:48 AM
    The camera. The camera is the most significant new feature. After that, the build.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍✒
    Yes sir! I like it!
    03-11-2015 01:25 PM
    The main one is the toned down Touchwiz...then the Finger Print reader...and then design. But all of the combined features made me go from "NEVER Samsung Again!!" to drooling over the S6.
    03-11-2015 02:02 PM
    Often you hear people talk about the killer app or the 1 killer feature. For me it is not just one feature/capability that has me thinking of leaving my Nexus 5 for the S6 edge. It is a combination of all the features listed.

Overall I think Samsung did a good job balancing a lot of improvements into a single device. However, when I look at this phone versus the M9 the three factors that sway me towards Samsung are the camera, wireless charging and the potential of MST.
    ahj4513 likes this.
    03-11-2015 02:09 PM
    Often you hear people talk about the killer app or the 1 killer feature. For me it is not just one feature/capability that has me thinking of leaving my Nexus 5 for the S6 edge. It is a combination of all the features listed.

Overall I think Samsung did a good job balancing a lot of improvements into a single device. However, when I look at this phone versus the M9 the three factors that sway me towards Samsung are the camera, wireless charging and the potential of MST.
    This Samsung launch event did feel like Apple 2010-2013 apple events.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    03-11-2015 02:26 PM
    Toned down TouchWiz and ois camera

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile
    03-11-2015 02:48 PM
43 12