[ POLL ] What is the most significant new Galaxy S6 feature?

In your opnion, what is the most significant improvement brought by Samsung to the Galaxy S line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OhReaaaalye

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
to me it's ufs2.0, which is like a ssd on a computer.s6 boots up in 7seconds, loads heavy games like asphalt 8 in less than 6seconds, and so on. every app loads up much faster because it has world's fastest read/write speed. it's significantly faster

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The body design and built-in wireless charging modules seem to be really popular options. I can't wait to get my hands on the actual device and produce my own opinion/review.

Mahendra Shah

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So tired of the negative comments about the battery and micro SD card, get over it already! Anyway I'm excited about the improved camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

You might be tired but it affects a lot of others who need to get it out of their system and also take a stand.

Posted via Android Central App

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Operating smoothness (read: NO LAG!!!).

After this, camera speed and low light performance, fingerprint scanner and stunning physical beauty.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You might be tired but it affects a lot of others who need to get it out of their system and also take a stand.

Posted via Android Central App

Take a stand against what? There are other good choices out there...not sure I get al the drama over this, it's not the only phone made.

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Take a stand against what? There are other good choices out there...not sure I get al the drama over this, it's not the only phone made.

I agree. Its like people who moan about being stuff in traffic, you just have to accept how things are.

Posted via the Android Central App

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd vote for the fast camera opening. I could care less what it looks like as long as it's not pink.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly it's MST as far as I'm concerned. Samsung actually came up with a way to interface their payment system with legacy magnetic stripe readers, negating the biggest barrier (in the US at least) to pay-by-smartphone adoption on the POS (seller) side. It's gonna be huge. HUGE!

My second choice would be UFS.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I picked the design, but the fact that they packed so much more into the phone than apple ever could or would try I am amazed. Display, improved memory, camera (front and back), fingerprint sensor, wireless charging, etc., etc.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I really couldn't decide--I said improved camera, because that is what I'm focused on right now, but I really love the higher end design. That plastic stuff was terrible. I also like the improved sound with the speakers on the ends. I have an HTC1 M7 right now. I love the metal body and the front facing speakers, but I would like a better camera. The battery and SD card is not an issue for me.

Seemingly the software is more streamlined, as well. I'm fortunate that I am due for an upgrade April 19, so it is perfect timing. Not sure about the finger print stuff and Samsung Pay, but I will probably like it, just never have had it.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I know that I'm late to the discussion, but it really wasn't 1 feature that makes me take a second look at the S6. it was really 3 features or spec that did it for me. I'll list them from least to most important.

First and least important is memory or storage sizes. If I'm going to go without a micro SD card then I need more then 32gb of storage.
While the base model might be only 32gb, I should only have to wait a mouth or so for the 64gb model and I don't see that being an issue even in the color that I want. Again, I might have to wait a good month or so, but 64gb in black shouldn't be an issue. (if you are waiting for the 128gb model, then availability and or your color preference might be an issue... I have a feeling that most carriers will not stock the 128gb model in any or most colors)

The new camera. Starting with the S4 I've realized that I take the vast majority of cellphone pics indoors and in low light. I still take plenty of pictures outside and in bright light too, but only when I don't have my dSLR with me.
Samsung was always good with their cameras but starting with the note 4 they began to use faster lens and OIS.

While the HTC One m9 has a good camera, it has a slower lens and no OIS like on the S6. That was a huge deal breaker for me in getting my next toy (I mean phone).

Finally, Samsung pay. While it might be popular in Japan for years, NFC payments have been non existent in America. Even Google wallet today is almost useless as very few retail and food chains offer such NFC payments. Even Apple is having a difficult time implementing apple pay because of the lack of NFC readers and support.

But because Samsung purchased Loop pay, the S6 now offers both magnetic swipe and NFC style of payments. And while this might not be a big deal in some places, in America this is huge. I can have all my cards stored on my phone and then use them in almost every store or restaurant today, and not in a year or two once NFC readers in the states become more popular. This tops what Apple is trying to do because it is almost impossible to get American businesses to implement the readers.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The main one is the toned down Touchwiz...then the Finger Print reader...and then design. But all of the combined features made me go from "NEVER Samsung Again!!" to drooling over the S6.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar