Wireless Charger / Battery Pack

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
1.5 A is not that quick. Then there is lower efficiency of wireless chargers. speed won't be its advantage.

gs2gs3gs4gs5

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
mAh is milliamp hours. The pack i believe you were looking at was 4800mAh. at 1A
That represents the capacity of the charge that pack holds.
I believe the Galaxy S6 is 2600mAh
So you could charge the GS6 around 1.75 times.
But I do believe it charges at 2A at 5.3v with the charger meant for it.
I would say you are looking at twice the time to charge to %80
If you do it when it's on it will just die slow because not getting proper amount of Amps.
regardless of the voltage almost all cell phones charge around 5v or a little more. why it says emergency use

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The fastest safe charging for a lithium battery of the kind used in cellphones is the battery capacity, or a 1C charge. So if the battery has a 2600mAh capacity, the fastest safe charge is 2600mA (or 2.6 Amps). Most phones won't draw nearly that much, even if it's available. (My Note 3, on a 30 Amp supply, draws about 1.2 Amps.)

Knowing the battery capacity, the current state of charge and the amount of current the phone will draw will tell you the fastest the battery will charge. (Since no energy conversion is 100% efficient, and electrical to chemical is particularly inefficient - the heat is the inefficiency - figure no more than 75% efficiency, so the charge time would be 1.5 times the calculated time.)

Wireless charging? The receiver in the phone is usually limited to 600mA, so regardless of the charging plate, it's going to take about 3-1/4 hours to charge from 50% to 100%. (If you look on Amazon, you'll see a charging plate for under $5. That will charge your phone just as fast. My only criteria in charging plates is that they have an indicator light showing when the phone is positioned properly. But they're all the same inside, aside from that, so paying $45 for one is kind of foolish.) About the only ones I wouldn't buy are the "hockey puck" kinds - I have a Note 3 and it wouldn't be stable on a little thing like that. One look and it might fall off the charger.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I guess that's what I'm trying to figure.
Right now I have no anxiety leaving the house, being out and about, because I have an extra battery that is small enough that I have to check my pocket to make sure that it's there.
I'm searching to see what options there are that are as portable as an extra battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I will be buying an OEM Samsung charger, sometimes is pays to spend a few bucks more for a truly compatible product.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The great thing about dual wireless charging formats, you don't have to worry about not using the wrong one. Rapid charging applies or is that just for the wall charging?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The great thing about dual wireless charging formats, you don't have to worry about not using the wrong one. Rapid charging applies or is that just for the wall charging?

That's only for wall charging.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
S5 Battery :
2800 mAh
3.85 V discharging voltage
4.4 V charging voltage

Assuming S6 Battery is same except for the total capacity:
2550 mAh
3.85 V discharging voltage
4.4 V charging voltage

Estimated capacities charged to different voltage thresholds:
VoltageCapacity at cut-off voltage
3.8060%
3.970%
4.0075%
4.1080%
4.285%

extrap.jpg
From extrapolation 4.4 V gives 0.88 (88%)

Capacity as a function of charge voltage on a lithium-ion battery
ion2.jpg

Since the rate of charge (current) will be constant until we hit the cut-off voltage, it would be safe to assume that below 88% of the capacity will be charged at our maximum supply current. (Charger output).

So, 88% is the cut off point. 1 A charging and 2 A charging will reach the same cut off point, so using that, we can now guestimate.

Using this, we can guestimate galaxy S6's 1 A charging time:
88%*(2550 mAh) = 2244 mAh
2244 mAh/1A = 2.244 hours

Simply divide my 2 in order to get the time for 2 A charging because the slope is constant up to the cut off point

1.122 hours extra charging time for 88% battery is estimated for this particular charger.

Please keep in mind that this is an estimation using assumed values and curves.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
As I pointed out earlier. Imagine that you are in a hurry at an airport or in a cab or no access to a wall plug. External chargers are easier to pop in versus removing cases and back covers swapping the battery, and replacing the back cover and cases. These chargers still have to be charged just like swappable batteries because essentially that's what they are at the end of the day.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
As I pointed out earlier. Imagine that you are in a hurry at an airport or in a cab or no access to a wall plug. External chargers are easier to pop in versus removing cases and back covers swapping the battery, and replacing the back cover and cases. These chargers still have to be charged just like swappable batteries because essentially that's what they are at the end of the day.
mm, yeah you can pop up battery pack pretty quickly, but you have to carry that big thing around. And for battery, you can carry multiple of them, even use 3rd party extended battery (think zerolemon extended battery).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
mm, yeah you can pop up battery pack pretty quickly, but you have to carry that big thing around. And for battery, you can carry multiple of them, even use 3rd party extended battery (think zerolemon extended battery).

Big? Some of them appear as portable as an extra battery. Plus I would keep it in a backpack and not a pocket which some would work.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Type zap&go in Google search. First graphine charging technology for consumers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
ZeroLemon is going to offer two different battery cases for the S6 and one for the S6 Edge. For the S6 ZeroLemon » Product Categories » Galaxy S6 we get 4000mAh and 2800mAh, that is some real battery backup for a full day of use. The 2800mAh will ship on 4-22-15 and is on sale at Amazon.com $29.99 ($30 off regular price). http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4372405

How do they compare to the Mophie Juicepacks? Price and size?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma