After 5 days using The Samsung Galaxy S 6!!!!!!

gs2gs3gs4gs5

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I work for AT&T performing Plant Operations for U-verse. A few of us were given the new Galaxy's to test out. We get terrible service with out I Phone 6 phones ever since we had received them especially with the LTE staying in range which we need due to VPN and that's how we code our jobs by an app on our Iphone. I have had every Galaxy since GS2 and Every I phone since 2 as well (Work phone). I decided to compare each of the phones that i currently have. GS5 with Verizon , GS6 ATT and I6 with ATT.

Galaxy S5 (Verizon). Never had any issues with it is just a pain to open charge port for the USB3. Great design went into the water resistance. XLTE 80/40 and maybe lost signal twice and have owned since it came out.

I phone 6 (ATT). The phone it's self is not bad at all.looks good runs smooth.The issues start with the phones antenna being encased in a non plastic shell and not shielded to reject interference and the metal causes a poor connection with the head tower as well as interfering with the data. This should have been addressed several models ago. I believe it was but I believe the man that created the "fix" just graduated head of his class in apples special eds program.

galaxy S6 (ATT). I was able to watch a Samsung rep take this thing apart and was pretty cool. it is an octa-core exynos processor and is a 64 bit 14nm system on chip. It works more like 2 quad core processor strangely. One set is for mostly for the battery and the other set makes this thing perform insane. Probably at least twice as well as my Galaxy S5 and same with the I phone 6. I know everyone is complaining about the battery not being able to be removed/replaced but the 2 cores that are mostly dedicated to the battery and actually make the phone 35-50 percent more efficient. The way it has been designed is to make sure that the battery does not heat up at all also extending the time before it is needed to recharge. When charging is needed the time is extremely fast i would say maybe 45 min. to completely recharge from dead. I may be 10 min of at max and it uses a wireless pad instead of plug in charger. I notice the screen is really bright compared to both I6 and S5 and adjusts a little on its own from a bright room to dark. (not annoying amount) on thing i see about camera is selfies are a lot clearer maybe better grade but still 5 megapixil. It does come with some pretty cool head phones but sound isn't any better. Just about everything else is on the S5 as far as i can tell. videos look awesome on it i think it got up to 4k but don't have anything 4k to watch obviously. almost forgot its metal. not sure why they listened to the Apple people complain i would have rather them made it full water-proof. Feels really light, Samsung rep did a decently hard toss to the ground so the new gorilla glass must be pretty good because it landed right on the corner edge which is where i always crack mine and it didn't leave a mark. i did drop mine down the stairs and there is a scuff in the blue. I guess whatever they wanted us to try em. I have no idea why they gave us the 128gb ones but i loaded it with every song from my 5 and it didn't slow a bit. This phone is amazing and well worth it. Puts both S5 and I6 to shame. Just hope your 2 year is up or you are on a plan that you can pay monthly for the phone.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
its good to know its exynos, it probably is more energy efficient CPU. We shall see how potential buyers judge it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I work for AT&T performing Plant Operations for U-verse. A few of us were given the new Galaxy's to test out. We get terrible service with out I Phone 6 phones ever since we had received them especially with the LTE staying in range which we need due to VPN and that's how we code our jobs by an app on our Iphone. I have had every Galaxy since GS2 and Every I phone since 2 as well (Work phone). I decided to compare each of the phones that i currently have. GS5 with Verizon , GS6 ATT and I6 with ATT.

Galaxy S5 (Verizon). Never had any issues with it is just a pain to open charge port for the USB3. Great design went into the water resistance. XLTE 80/40 and maybe lost signal twice and have owned since it came out.

I phone 6 (ATT). The phone it's self is not bad at all.looks good runs smooth.The issues start with the phones antenna being encased in a non plastic shell and not shielded to reject interference and the metal causes a poor connection with the head tower as well as interfering with the data. This should have been addressed several models ago. I believe it was but I believe the man that created the "fix" just graduated head of his class in apples special eds program.

galaxy S6 (ATT). I was able to watch a Samsung rep take this thing apart and was pretty cool. it is an octa-core exynos processor and is a 64 bit 14nm system on chip. It works more like 2 quad core processor strangely. One set is for mostly for the battery and the other set makes this thing perform insane. Probably at least twice as well as my Galaxy S5 and same with the I phone 6. I know everyone is complaining about the battery not being able to be removed/replaced but the 2 cores that are mostly dedicated to the battery and actually make the phone 35-50 percent more efficient. The way it has been designed is to make sure that the battery does not heat up at all also extending the time before it is needed to recharge. When charging is needed the time is extremely fast i would say maybe 45 min. to completely recharge from dead. I may be 10 min of at max and it uses a wireless pad instead of plug in charger. I notice the screen is really bright compared to both I6 and S5 and adjusts a little on its own from a bright room to dark. (not annoying amount) on thing i see about camera is selfies are a lot clearer maybe better grade but still 5 megapixil. It does come with some pretty cool head phones but sound isn't any better. Just about everything else is on the S5 as far as i can tell. videos look awesome on it i think it got up to 4k but don't have anything 4k to watch obviously. almost forgot its metal. not sure why they listened to the Apple people complain i would have rather them made it full water-proof. Feels really light, Samsung rep did a decently hard toss to the ground so the new gorilla glass must be pretty good because it landed right on the corner edge which is where i always crack mine and it didn't leave a mark. i did drop mine down the stairs and there is a scuff in the blue. I guess whatever they wanted us to try em. I have no idea why they gave us the 128gb ones but i loaded it with every song from my 5 and it didn't slow a bit. This phone is amazing and well worth it. Puts both S5 and I6 to shame. Just hope your 2 year is up or you are on a plan that you can pay monthly for the phone.

Can u give us a mini review if u are able to use it a few days? How fast do u notice the battery draining?
Also do you have any information on when it will be available for preorder? and the pricing?

Verizon has announced its pre-order for the S6 starting April 1

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Can u give us a mini review if u are able to use it a few days? How fast do u notice the battery draining?
Also do you have any information on when it will be available for preorder? and the pricing?

Verizon has announced its pre-order for the S6 starting April 1

well, if he can, a battery calibration with screen on time would be very helpful.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I work for AT&T performing Plant Operations for U-verse.

I shortened your quote for space saving, but wanted to ask you a direct question. How is the S6 antenna for cell reception? You mention how the iPhone being made of metal causes poor reception so I'd love to know how the S6 compares to it along with the S5 since it was plastic. Thank you.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the write up but I'm a little leary because you can't spell iPhone......

Took the words right out from within my fingers, lol.

If this is true, I want to know how long the S6 lasts on that small battery, both in terms of screen-on time and standby time. And it better be good. Why? For example: If the Nexus 6 has gotten flack from reviewers for so-called "terrible" battery life on the same size battery as the the Note 4, which pushes less pixels (493ppi) on essentially a 6" QHD screen than both the Note 4(515ppi on a 5.7" screen) and S6(577 ppi on a 5.1" screen), how does that equate to good battery life on the S6?

How do they justify decreasing the battery size from 2,800 mAh on the S5, to 2,550 mAh on the S6? A smaller battery, with more pixels to push on a smaller screen. Get ready to use the charger a lot, cause if you fast charge, the more you charge, the faster the battery degrades, supposed "efficient" technology or not. Put up, or shut up, Samsung, cause if this technology sucks, expect to see folks at your door, pitchforks in hand, wanting blood for taking away the two most important selling points of your product line.

Thank God for this extended battery in my geezer S3, smh.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If this is true, I want to know how long the S6 lasts on that small battery, both in terms of screen-on time and standby time. And it better be good. Why? For example: If the Nexus 6 has gotten flack from reviewers for so-called "terrible" battery life on the same size battery as the the Note 4, which pushes less pixels (493ppi) on essentially a 6" QHD screen than both the Note 4(515ppi on a 5.7" screen) and S6(577 ppi on a 5.1" screen), how does that equate to good battery life on the S6?

How do they justify decreasing the battery size from 2,800 mAh on the S5, to 2,550 mAh on the S6? A smaller battery, with more pixels to push on a smaller screen. Get ready to use the charger a lot, cause if you fast charge, the more you charge, the faster the battery degrades, supposed "efficient" technology or not. Put up, or shut up, Samsung, cause if this technology sucks, expect to see folks at your door, pitchforks in hand, wanting blood for taking away the two most important selling points of your product line.

Thank God for this extended battery in my geezer S3, smh.

You are completely mistaken on PPI thing. It's number of pixels per inch. 6" QHD and 5.1" QHD have exactly equal number of pixels. If display technology of panel is equal, 6" QHD will draw more power than 5.1" QHD due to bigger size. Plus there is difference between screen on Moto and Samsung phones. AMOLED on Moto phone is not as efficient as equivalent screen on Samsung.

How do they justify decreasing battery size? Well if Samsung tested it lasts long enough with new Exynos, memory chip, WiFi/GPS chip, etc and goes longer than S5, why can't they? People are too hung up with mAh number.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When do pre-orders start? Wishful thinking. My guess is soon now that Verizon has announced.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
When do pre-orders start? Wishful thinking. My guess is soon now that Verizon has announced.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

It's surprising that Verizon is already out of the gate with their announcement.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
OP gives us a minor review on a phone we're all dying to get our hands on and is picked on for a grammatical error. It's amazing to me

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's surprising that Verizon is already out of the gate with their announcement.

AT&T has seldom taken the lead. It is also worth noting that since VZW is offering all three storage flavors, AT&T customers should get at least two out of three which ain't bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae