04-10-2015 02:26 AM
109 12345
tools
    Chill Illusive and read my link above (edit: one page back)

Posted via Android Central App
    03-24-2015 10:22 PM
    Interesting that he says the demo S6 edge camera performed better than the regular S6, while the same are identical on paper. Overall, what I gathered is its a great device but doesn't surpass the iPhone 6+ or Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah there seemed to be a lot of differences between the regular and the edge performance wise.

What that tells me is the firmware they're using isn't final yet. The 2 versions should be pretty much identical. The benchmarks were even off...
    03-25-2015 05:54 AM

GS6 vs GN4-Ask Corie
    03-25-2015 06:37 AM

This is another long one. Never heard of this site. Technability.
    03-25-2015 06:43 AM
    I think that GSMArena disagrees with you. I know I do to based on their test.

Intergalactic camera shootout: Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S5 vs. Note 4 vs. iPhone 6 - GSMArena.com

Just look at all the examples including daylight. Crop #2 is the best example of better detail with almost no artifacts on the S6, the note4 you can't say that and the iPhone 6 looks like crap (the 6+ would do no better).

Maybe GSMArena and I just have better eyes?

Posted via Android Central App
    I think you misunderstood, i didn't say Edge is better than regular S6...the video i referenced says it. I dont have the devices and cant make comparisons, im just highlighting what the guy in the video said.
    03-25-2015 09:32 AM

GS6 vs M9 from Carphone Warehouse.
    I stopped this video when he said the M9 and the S6 cameras are the same
    03-25-2015 09:45 AM
    I stopped this video when he said the M9 and the S6 cameras are both great and you cant go wrong with either one.
    03-25-2015 09:46 AM
    Forbes states the embargo lifts on Thursday, ie tomorrow.

If it is UK time like the M9 embargo was, we should expect all of the reviews to be released in 6 hours time

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Leak Puts Rivals To Shame - Forbes

From a personal stand point, I'm at the stage where I just need them to confirm the battery life is good and it will be a snap pre-order from me.
    03-25-2015 01:05 PM
    Forbes states the embargo lifts on Thursday, ie tomorrow.

If it is UK time like the M9 embargo was, we should expect all of the reviews to be released in 6 hours time

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Leak Puts Rivals To Shame - Forbes

From a personal stand point, I'm at the stage where I just need them to confirm the battery life is good and it will be a snap pre-order from me.
    We will see tomorrow. Maybe some more current reviews. Possibly settling the battery issue for you and many others.
    03-25-2015 07:29 PM

Also posted by Alex_NJ
    03-25-2015 07:39 PM

10 Reasons the GS6 > i6-Ask Corie
    03-25-2015 09:45 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S6: Unboxing and Hands-On!:

TechnoBuffalo

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-26-2015 08:32 AM
    Galaxy S6 Edge: Unboxing and Hands-On!:

Edge TechnoBuffalo

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-26-2015 08:33 AM
    03-26-2015 07:06 PM
    03-26-2015 07:10 PM

Consumer Reports
    03-26-2015 07:44 PM

Consumer Reports
    Ha ha that's funny
    03-26-2015 08:53 PM
    03-26-2015 09:35 PM

GS6 vs I6
    That was one of the most thorough comparisons I have ever seen. If anyone is considering an iPhone vs Galaxy S6, this is the video to watch.

A couple thoughts...

He said at the beginning that his phone was slightly bent. I could not see it in the video, but this IMO is unacceptable. I have perused the iMore forums for the 6+ bending issues, and they are firmly of the belief that this is always user abuse of the device, and nothing wrong with the manufacturing. Take that as you may, but this is not the 6+ it's a regular iPhone 6.

The Samsung did seem to have better viewing angles. This was apparent when he put both down in landscape. Though to the iPhone's credit it was at a greater angle so that is to be expected. Regardless, the S6 had the better viewing angle no question.

Let the pitchforks fly ... because I truly did not realize how similar the two phones were until I watched this video. Not just the bottom of the phones, but the actual software and user experience. Say what you may, but Samsung definitely copied Apple here. If you can't see it, then maybe I am just nuts. The Parallax wallpaper? Come on man! If you think Samsung did not copy Apple, you are delusional.

With that said, and after watching this video, I am really torn between these two great phones. The iPhone performs on par with the S6. The camera and video was very similar (even though I am not a fan of 8MP c'mon Apple WTF). The Screen on the S6 is killer. The idea of Themes are killer. The Apple UI is killer. iTunes I'm sure is still a pile of poo. I think if you flipped a coin you could not go wrong with either.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-27-2015 08:56 AM
    The Apple UI is killer. iTunes I'm sure is still a pile of poo.
    I'll watch the comparison tonight, very interested to see the performance differences.

With that said, the Apple UI while it works flawless gives ZERO customization options...I mean you cant even leave gaps between the apps (lets say you wanted to have the screens just have icons at the bottom, i use this method on my Android). While I wont knock Apple and iOS for running like a champ, I find the lack of customization (like literally none) annoying, considering its 2015. Both are definitely gonna be great phones, you cant go wrong with either as a general smartphone user. I had my share fun with iOS7 on an iPhone 5S, and now my wife has the 5S running iOS8 which works great...but man...add some customization!!! And ya, the camera software in the iPhone platform is stellar.
    03-27-2015 09:40 AM
    I'll watch the comparison tonight, very interested to see the performance differences.

With that said, the Apple UI while it works flawless gives ZERO customization options...I mean you cant even leave gaps between the apps (lets say you wanted to have the screens just have icons at the bottom, i use this method on my Android). While I wont knock Apple and iOS for running like a champ, I find the lack of customization (like literally none) annoying, considering its 2015. Both are definitely gonna be great phones, you cant go wrong with either as a general smartphone user. I had my share fun with iOS7 on an iPhone 5S, and now my wife has the 5S running iOS8 which works great...but man...add some customization!!! And ya, the camera software in the iPhone platform is stellar.
    Good point. I usually have the apps I use most often on the lower right side. In iOS, you would have to fill the screen with apps and then arrange them accordingly.

And yes I agree -- it's 2015 let people put apps in the springboard where they want. One note - looks like you can fit more apps on a screen on iOS. Custom launcher on Android will fix that obviously.

You should not have to jailbreak your iPhone to put an icon where you want. Ridic.

Side note -- I am now torn between the two. Dang it.
    03-27-2015 10:17 AM

PhoneArena GS6
    neiljay6 likes this.
    03-27-2015 04:51 PM

PhoneArena The Edge
    03-27-2015 04:53 PM

AA GS6 vs i6
    neiljay6 likes this.
    03-27-2015 04:55 PM
    Good point. I usually have the apps I use most often on the lower right side. In iOS, you would have to fill the screen with apps and then arrange them accordingly.

And yes I agree -- it's 2015 let people put apps in the springboard where they want. One note - looks like you can fit more apps on a screen on iOS. Custom launcher on Android will fix that obviously.

You should not have to jailbreak your iPhone to put an icon where you want. Ridic.

Side note -- I am now torn between the two. Dang it.
    I watched up until 22 mins and now I see why you took an interest in the iPhone. It performed a lot of the tasks faster than the S6, I'm actually really surprised considering the processor and internals comparisons. I notice he didn't focus on how the iPhone 6 was loading webpages, apps and even transitions much faster. I'll definitely watch more comparisons with these two phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2015 06:19 AM
109 12345