GS6 Charging Accessories

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You realize you're running around waving "Kick Me" sign right? Or at the very least a "Flame Me" or "Troll Me" sign. :D

I tend to like these, though I prefer the generic tanks, because I can also tank up my tablet off of one. I'm actually interested in finding one that can do a literal QuickCharge, or something comparable. Might not be feasible electrically but it sure would be nice.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
These are great for business travelers and regular folks alike. I can see myself carrying them in my backpack whether in an airport.

On a side note, one of my many superpowers are flame resistance and a thick armored skin.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Now that is some cool stuff, no annoying case, just a quick snap and with the rapid charge you are off and running.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I prefer a phone with a removable battery and a fully charged spare or two in my pocket. A LOT cheaper, a lot faster than waiting for the internal battery to recharge, and a lot more efficient than leaving the external battery connected constantly.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I prefer a phone with a removable battery and a fully charged spare or two in my pocket. A LOT cheaper, a lot faster than waiting for the internal battery to recharge, and a lot more efficient than leaving the external battery connected constantly.

I totally agree.
That's why I also started a thread about charging on the go.
The extra battery is the obvious easy solution, but now we need to look at other options for keeping our phone going as we're out and about.
Something hopefully as simple and small as an extra battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree.
That's why I also started a thread about charging on the go.
The extra battery is the obvious easy solution, but now we need to look at other options for keeping our phone going as we're out and about.
Something hopefully as simple and small as an extra battery.

Which is quicker? Stripping off a case like the Defender. Removing the back cover. Swapping the battery. Putting the back cover back on. The case back on. OR Popping in an external charger with a full tank of gas after being charged overnight which you would do anyway. Sounds like the throwback thinking IMHO. Try swapping scenario in a moving car or running through an airport.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I've never really been one to use a case.
I guess that's also why the Samsung being plastic never bothered me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never really been one to use a case.
I guess that's also why the Samsung being plastic never bothered me.

Can't wait for the premium feel of Gorilla Glass and aluminum. Wonder how much more solid it will feel after faux metal dings and plastic knicks.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Amazon has a huge selection ranging in prices starting at $15 and up. Does anyone have one that they recommend?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Though I agree with you, I think the PhoneSuit is a great alternative to a removable battery. It supports quick charge, so just pop in the external charger for 10 minutes and you for 4 hours of battery life (allegedly). Sure the removable will give you 100%, but the quick charge also saves you the times of changing the battery.

Is also possible it may even last longer than an extra battery. Its a 2600mah external charger. Assuming the S6 battery was swappable, it would only be a 2550mah battery. If you swap and get 100%, and your second battery gets low, ur pretty much done. With the external, you could still boost it a little bit more

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Though I agree with you, I think the PhoneSuit is a great alternative to a removable battery. It supports quick charge, so just pop in the external charger for 10 minutes and you for 4 hours of battery life (allegedly). Sure the removable will give you 100%, but the quick charge also saves you the times of changing the battery.

Is also possible it may even last longer than an extra battery. Its a 2600mah external charger. Assuming the S6 battery was swappable, it would only be a 2550mah battery. If you swap and get 100%, and your second battery gets low, ur pretty much done. With the external, you could still boost it a little bit more

Try Zap&Go when it comes out! :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Lol $40 for this. There are tons of battery packs available that are more convenient and that hold more power for $15.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34