03-28-2015 05:18 PM
80 1234
tools
    What brand is the credit card sized one?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    I think there's more than one brand but here's one. http://www.travelcardcharger.com/
    debdroid1a likes this.
    03-07-2015 01:34 PM
    Double post
    03-07-2015 01:35 PM
    Yeah, I'd be worried about the battery absorbing the impact instead though...busted battery leaking caustic chemicals all over the phone = bad scene.
    Caustic chemicals? Yeah that's a problem too - but I'd be more worried that a Lithium Ion battery bursts into flames upon exposure of the innards to air. That's why they won't allow Lithium Ion batteries to be shipped by air - though plenty of devices with Lithium Ion are carried on planes or in luggage. Suppose they figure the device generally protects the battery.
    03-07-2015 01:49 PM
    1500 mAh?
    03-07-2015 02:56 PM
    1500 mAh?
    Thought most were at least 2600mAh. How long until a full charge?

03-07-2015 02:59 PM
    Thought most were at least 2600mAh. How long until a full charge?

don't know, i was just reading the link provided, in FAQ, it says it is 1500mAh.
    03-07-2015 03:04 PM
    Fast charge i would say
    the S5 doesnt have that

But i miss the Usb 3.0
    03-08-2015 09:47 AM
    it has SIX APPEAL. nuff said....
    03-08-2015 10:37 AM
    The M9 has so many drawbacks it's not even in the conversation. Assuming it's at least the same size as the G3, the G4 screen will be too large for comfortable one handed use. The Z4 is typically not available for CDMA carriers. The iPhone? Yuck. Whatever issues I have with the S6 (mainly the glass back), it's basically my only option other than sticking with the S5.

I won't miss the SD card too much because I use my tablet for games and video, and I'd rather have 32gb on board standard because I am struggling with only 16gb on the S5. I will miss the swappable battery, but it's worth having a smaller and thinner form factor with built-in wireless charging. The S4 was the absolute perfect size, and after10 months, I still think the S5 is a skosh too big. The S6 is closer to the S4 in size, so that will be a huge plus. A 2mm reduction in width doesn't sound like much, but you can totally feel it.
    03-08-2015 11:04 AM
    Unobtainability, and therefore fascination and awe.

In three months people will be griping or cooing, impressed or unimpressed, or wondering how to do things on an S6 they achieved differently before.

In a year they will be saying the S7 has lost features that made the S6 so great.

I am getting old!
    Inders99 and Jarvis73 like this.
    03-08-2015 04:40 PM
    don't know, i was just reading the link provided, in FAQ, it says it is 1500mAh.
    The S6 has a 2550mAh the S6 Edge has a 2600mAh
    03-09-2015 12:59 AM
    The S6 has a 2550mAh the S6 Edge has a 2600mAh
    If memory serves, the topic may have related to external charging devices when you don't have access to a wall plug as opposed to removing a case, the back cover, swap a battery, replace the back cover and case as opposed to the charger.
    03-09-2015 06:01 AM
    Wow very busy now i have delved further into this device
    From a S5 then it still is not worth going to
    From a S4 then yes
    But people are still saying there not bothered about the Battery well many iphone users no re sale value is a issue
    Apple charge £125 for the battery out of warrenty to be changed
    now in the S6 manual it telles you how to change the battery by taking the phone in bits so if you could get a battery and you were electronic savey it could be don but how does the person no its been replaced, this has left many people buying a iphone second hand down harted as they were conned
    the S5 also has water proofing and stopped for samsung the water ingress issues
    the S6 has no water proofing
    i don't need a bolt on charger i just change the battery
    as for the looks even samsung has come out with a range of protective covers to save the phone if its dropped, so what is the point of the design
    if were going to cover this
    Imaging the S6 with a removerble battery a sd water proofed and the edge screen and the rest of the S6 specs, Now were talking !!
    samsung has removed alot of its bloated apps the question is why ???possible memory use
    see
    03-09-2015 09:01 AM
    so what is the point of the design
    if were going to cover this
    Imaging the S6 with a removerble battery a sd water proofed and the edge screen and the rest of the S6 specs,
    What's the point of any design if it's going to get a case? Apparently people care because it drives sales...because you don't care doesn't mean is not a valid business strategy.

Water proofing? I don't care...I won't read my phone while I'm whizzing. Don't care about the other stuff either. Don't care about resale too, nobody would buy one of my abused phones anyway.

Sooo...bottom line, what's best for you isn't the same for someone else.
    03-09-2015 04:33 PM
    What's the point of any design if it's going to get a case? Apparently people care because it drives sales...because you don't care doesn't mean is not a valid business strategy.

Water proofing? I don't care...I won't read my phone while I'm whizzing. Don't care about the other stuff either. Don't care about resale too, nobody would buy one of my abused phones anyway.

Sooo...bottom line, what's best for you isn't the same for someone else.
    They might be happy with the rumored Active version but I am betting that the design choices will be scaled back.
    03-09-2015 07:06 PM
    Yeah, it all boil down to preference but in all honesty, I think we just have to be open to changes. I think it is a palpable solution that Samsung is offering. It may not sound right but I think it deserves to be heard. We'll see.
    03-10-2015 03:03 AM
    Was the S6 Active ever rumoured, or did someone make it up as wishful thinking?

When then the Note 4 was revealed, there was suddenly going to be an imminent Active / IP67 version according to these forums, although that was said more tongue in cheek on an interesting, fun thread.
    (where are you Watermelon?)
    03-10-2015 11:43 AM
    Was the S6 Active ever rumoured, or did someone make it up as wishful thinking?

When then the Note 4 was revealed, there was suddenly going to be an imminent Active / IP67 version according to these forums, although that was said more tongue in cheek on an interesting, fun thread.
    (where are you Watermelon?)
    With the last couple of device iterations, your can pretty much count on an Active. I was intrigued because of the specs and better design choices over the regular version.
    03-10-2015 06:59 PM
    With the last couple of device iterations, your can pretty much count on an Active. I was intrigued because of the specs and better design choices over the regular version.
    I wonder how many Samsung disappontee's (not on these forums) would hold out for a possible Active version if aware, just in case.

It could damage launch day sales.

Many will go ahead anyway, switch later and take the hit.
    03-10-2015 07:11 PM
    I wonder how many Samsung disappontee's (not on these forums) would hold out for a possible Active version if aware, just in case.

It could damage launch day sales.

Many will go ahead anyway, switch later and take the hit.
    Unlikely, initial pre-order units were initially reported at 20 million. I saw a news story of an additional 13 million units.
    03-10-2015 07:25 PM
    03-10-2015 07:34 PM
    I saw that. That was from carriers, but al the same. People see the ads, the news reports, reports of the price, reports of advanced design and software from a major OEM, and their in. There's still a lot of sales to make up after that.

I don't know, just sayin'. If there was an actual Active in the pipeline, they would want to keep it hidden from disappointed fans for a while.

It would be interesting - but anyway I'm postulating it may have an sd or removable battery - it will most likely just be ruggedized a little, or with IP67.
    03-10-2015 07:46 PM

Top 10 GS6 Featurs
    03-10-2015 07:57 PM
    The HTC M9 has to be a ghost town these days. I haven't been over there since they bombed the M9. This S6 looks rockin. I was in no way going to go back to a Sammy...hmmm.
    03-10-2015 08:03 PM
    http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...aymate-593778/

Article on the display

GS6 consumes less power than the GN4 according to the article. If true, does this translate into power savings as GS6 has more pixel density despite the smaller screen?

03-11-2015 03:25 PM
80 1234