03-28-2015 05:18 PM
80 ... 234
tools
    No offense buy you're an ugly mug. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    (Sigh)
    03-26-2015 09:01 PM
    No really.. Great for YOU! lol. Samsung has never had a blazing fast phone imo. This is why I don't want to see that "occasional lag" like all their previous models. You will like it no matter what.. After all that's what fanboys do. But there are others who do not like touchwiz and need big changes to be swayed to buy such a software mess. Glad you're so excited about your upcoming toy little buddy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nice! Enthusiast yes but fanboy, nope! I arrived at my decision after many hours of research on my own and the valuable discussions in this forums as well as reviewing the published review articles and videos.
    03-26-2015 09:09 PM
    For me personally, it's not one single feature that interests me about the Galaxy S6, but the combination of features that interest me:

- Display. Really excited for this one. For a while, AMOLED had grainy text and was way oversaturated and all that. Over the years, it looks like Samsung has really improved the AMOLED tech a lot. I thought the Note 4 had a gorgeous screen, so can't wait to see it on a more reasonable sized phone.

- Camera. Claimed to be among the best cameras on the market. I've had HTC phones for the last few years and while I still liked those cameras, I am looking forward to the S6 camera. There were just situations where the M7 and M8 camera's weren't that great. But then again, there were situations where they were great too. Still though, I'm interested in better overall performance of this new camera in the S6.

- Fingerprint scanner. Having used the Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner, I thought it was pretty terrible. I only ever got it to work once or twice. The new one looks much improved and has some really great features with mobile payments. Hope it works out well this time round.

The improved build quality and improved performance are just catching up with other OEM's in my opinion. So I wouldn't count them as things the other phones don't have. To be honest, it's taken Samsung too long to finally improve these things.
    jcp007 likes this.
    03-26-2015 10:49 PM
    A Dummy's first impression -

I saw them both today in London.

Disappointed with the Edge in feel and functionality. Too extra slim at the back, except the top end.

S6 had much better heft, balance grip and feel.

I didn't read much about the S6/ Edge, tbh.

Rep demonstrated 2 or 3 features of the edge, which required laying it face down on the glass. Colored contact notifications visible on the side, touching the heart rate monitor to send a pre-determined response etc.

Different from the Note Edge in that you have to Swipe the edge to see anything and no ticker tape, which I guessed.

You guys know all this already.

The camera is too prominent, as Halcyon says, though not cheap looking. It does spoil the design feel a little.
    Apple can get away with a tiny corner lens. Maybe they have no OIS, and another lawsuit for Samsung if it did the same, idk.

S6 in White, black and gold. I liked them all. The border and buttons are classy.

Gold, though I wouldn't chose it, is tastefully pale and mettalic (?).

I like the front face is gold as well.

But man, side by side it is much smaller than my Note 3.

-------

Also does anyone know if the homescreens on one of the S6 Edge's display models are a theme option?

03-28-2015 03:16 PM
    A Dummy's first impression -

I saw them both today in London.

Disappointed with the Edge in feel and functionality. Too extra slim at the back, except the top end.

S6 had much better heft, balance grip and feel.

I didn't read much about the S6/ Edge, tbh.

Rep demonstrated 2 or 3 features of the edge, which required laying it face down on the glass. Colored contact notifications visible on the side, touching the heart rate monitor to send a pre-determined response etc.

Different from the Note Edge in that you have to Swipe the edge to see anything and no ticker tape, which I guessed.

You guys know all this already.

The camera is too prominent, as Halcyon says, though not cheap looking. It does spoil the design feel a little.
    Apple can get away with a tiny corner lens. Maybe they have no OIS, and another lawsuit for Samsung if it did the same, idk.

S6 in White, black and gold. I liked them all. The border and buttons are classy.

Gold, though I wouldn't chose it, is tastefully pale and mettalic (?).

I like the front face is gold as well.

But man, side by side it is much smaller than my Note 3.

-------

Also does anyone know if the homescreens on one of the S6 Edge's display models are a theme option?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...c8229dfd7a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...717656114f.jpg
    One is a mini tab masquerading as a smartphone and the other is a smartphone not trying to be a mini tab.
    03-28-2015 05:18 PM
80 ... 234