What's the S6 got the others don't?

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have looked at veriouse feeds and reviews and I struggle to see what this has !
In fact it's easy to see what it's not got
Compared to the others
But the others all have a sd slot
LG is due to roll out the G4 and the G3 put a dent in Samsungs sales
All samsung are concentrating on is the design, but most of us cover this with a cover or case
So what's left the S5 won on the rest as it had water proofing on that the Sony now wins and even that has a sd slot
So does it make sense going from a S4 or S5 to the S6 just for a metal glass coated body
Me I'm holding off but if LG G4 has more then that gets my vote if not then it's the HTC M9

Posted via the Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
what a fascinating question! ps, there is poll and discussion here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...t-most-significant-new-galaxy-s6-feature.html

some claim "best design in the industry".

TBH, thats the only thing I can agree, all others, may be improvement from S5, are not really stand out enough from a hoard of android devices. Quick camera? QHD screen? Wireless charger? Spec increase? no, they are nice, but they are not deal makers.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
what a fascinating question! ps, there is poll and discussion here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...t-most-significant-new-galaxy-s6-feature.html

some claim "best design in the industry".

TBH, thats the only thing I can agree, all others, may be improvement from S5, are not really stand out enough from a hoard of android devices. Quick camera? QHD screen? Wireless charger? Spec increase? no, they are nice, but they are not deal makers.

As an S4 owner eligible for replacement in June, and as someone who does not like to change brands a lot, I'll go with the S6 because of a lot of changes over the S4; CPU, memory, storage, screen, etc. I'm willing to overlook the removable battery and will avoid needing an SD card by getting the 64GB variant. If I had an S5 and was eligible, I probably wouldn't upgrade.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It has bleeding edge hardware. The Exynos 7420 is more efficient than the Snapdragon 810 and if we believe the benchmarks, quite a bit faster, too. Because they opted for the Exynos, the new Broadcomm chip for WiFi/GPS can be utilized and that's even more efficient. The display is the latest and greatest. DDR4 RAM is the latest and greatest. UFS storage is the latest and greatest. Both the storage and RAM are faster and more efficient. The new f 1.9 aperture is going to allow more light than any other phone other than that budget Nokia phone for Windows.

You're probably noticing a theme here. Faster and more efficient. They did an excellent job putting the best of the best in this phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Dual wireless charging formats. More advanced 4G LTE radio. NFC and MST mobile payment. Gorilla Glass 4 and uni-body aluminum frame.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a s5 and don't feel the need to upgrade. Yes, it looks pretty nice and it seems to be fast but I have issues with the non removable battery... Being able to swap batteries and go on a moment's notice offers so much peace of mind. My s5 battery life is not stellar but I don't worry about it as I have a charged spare and a full battery is 30 seconds away...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a s5 and don't feel the need to upgrade. Yes, it looks pretty nice and it seems to be fast but I have issues with the non removable battery... Being able to swap batteries and go on a moment's notice offers so much peace of mind. My s5 battery life is not stellar but I don't worry about it as I have a charged spare and a full battery is 30 seconds away...

Awesome for you. I mean it sincerely. Everyone has different needs and expectations. I passed on the GS5 and am glad to be strongly considering the GS6. Could Samsung have thrown in more? Sure. Being first is not necessarily best until one is reasonably sure of success. Introducing some features incrementally or in groups with each device iteration keeps us coming back to at least have a look.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. Get what is best for your individual needs. I have a S5 and Turbo at the moment. I'll sell the S5 and grab the S6 Edge but gonna hang on to the Turbo. You can't beat the battery life.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

That's where Phonesuit and Juicepack come. AT A MOMENTS Notice, pop it in and charge your phone. No wall hugging which by the way are disgusting. Have you been in an airport lately? Just don't forget to charge your Juicepack. Having these accessories is far easier than stripping off my Defender case and removing the back just to reverse the process after swapping the battery. Who has time to do that especially in an airport or cab?

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm really liking the charging case idea.
I could buy two of them and keep them charged up.
Edit... Of course a swappable battery is simpler, but if that's the direction phones are going, that might be a tolerable solution.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking the charging case idea.
I could buy two of them and keep them charged up.

Devices like the Phonesuit are so much easier and don't add as much bulk. You have to charge the Juicepack cases just as you would the external chargers.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Devices like the Phonesuit are so much easier and don't add as much bulk. You have to charge the Juicepack cases just as you would the external chargers.

Do these phonesuit cases also add protection as a regular case?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Built in wireless charging, industry leading camera, and larger internal storage wrapped up in a thinner, narrower form factor are enough for me to want to upgrade.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Do these phonesuit cases also add protection as a regular case?

To be honest. I just saw a quick blurb about it but I don't believe it is a case. My point was that external chargers are easier to use than the process of removing any cases or back covers swapping the battery then putting the stuff back on. Especially if you are in a hurry or not near a wall plug. You still have to charge the extra battery just like the external chargers.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe that they also provide pretty good impact protection.

Yeah, I'd be worried about the battery absorbing the impact instead though...busted battery leaking caustic chemicals all over the phone = bad scene.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig