What's the S6 got the others don't?

pragmaticguy

Banned
Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it all boil down to preference but in all honesty, I think we just have to be open to changes. I think it is a palpable solution that Samsung is offering. It may not sound right but I think it deserves to be heard. We'll see.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Was the S6 Active ever rumoured, or did someone make it up as wishful thinking?

When then the Note 4 was revealed, there was suddenly going to be an imminent Active / IP67 version according to these forums, although that was said more tongue in cheek on an interesting, fun thread.
(where are you Watermelon?)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Was the S6 Active ever rumoured, or did someone make it up as wishful thinking?

When then the Note 4 was revealed, there was suddenly going to be an imminent Active / IP67 version according to these forums, although that was said more tongue in cheek on an interesting, fun thread.
(where are you Watermelon?)
With the last couple of device iterations, your can pretty much count on an Active. I was intrigued because of the specs and better design choices over the regular version.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
With the last couple of device iterations, your can pretty much count on an Active. I was intrigued because of the specs and better design choices over the regular version.
I wonder how many Samsung disappontee's (not on these forums) would hold out for a possible Active version if aware, just in case.

It could damage launch day sales.

Many will go ahead anyway, switch later and take the hit.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many Samsung disappontee's (not on these forums) would hold out for a possible Active version if aware, just in case.

It could damage launch day sales.

Many will go ahead anyway, switch later and take the hit.

Unlikely, initial pre-order units were initially reported at 20 million. I saw a news story of an additional 13 million units.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I saw that. That was from carriers, but al the same. People see the ads, the news reports, reports of the price, reports of advanced design and software from a major OEM, and their in. There's still a lot of sales to make up after that.

I don't know, just sayin'. If there was an actual Active in the pipeline, they would want to keep it hidden from disappointed fans for a while.

It would be interesting - but anyway I'm postulating it may have an sd or removable battery - it will most likely just be ruggedized a little, or with IP67.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The HTC M9 has to be a ghost town these days. I haven't been over there since they bombed the M9. This S6 looks rockin. I was in no way going to go back to a Sammy...hmmm.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not all. All other devices will pale in comparison to the GS6 as there can only be ONE.

Pretty bold statement seeing the G6 is not even out yet and Other Android devices from LG Sony and Motorola could easily be better and I do not care about sales just what is good for what I need in a phone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Pretty bold statement seeing the G6 is not even out yet and Other Android devices from LG Sony and Motorola could easily be better and I do not care about sales just what is good for what I need in a phone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

How well a devices performs for you is more important than sales. Sales production is nevertheless a measure of the success of the device. Moreover, an estimated 33 million units ordered in advance of the relapse speaks volumes.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has a real hit on their hands, moving the units out of the carriers doors will come down to contract pricing and what they offer. No 128GB no sale for me at least, I mean I have a 128GB phone and based on what the hands on have shown and images taken compared to my current phone I am willing to swap out. But I want parity on storage space, not a 50% cut or worse.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has a real hit on their hands, moving the units out of the carriers doors will come down to contract pricing and what they offer. No 128GB no sale for me at least, I mean I have a 128GB phone and based on what the hands on have shown and images taken compared to my current phone I am willing to swap out. But I want parity on storage space, not a 50% cut or worse.

I see the 128 GB released after the 32 and 64 GB. If both of these storage options aren't available on release , I will wait until the 64 GB is released.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I see the 128 GB released after the 32 and 64 GB. If both of these storage options aren't available on release , I will wait until the 64 GB is released.

The important thing to focus on in this thread is - which one of you two is the real James Bond?

(Hold on - owl? eagle?
What's going on?)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The important thing to focus on in this thread is - which one of you two is the real James Bond?

(Hold on - owl? eagle?
What's going on?)

I would guess that neither of us is British. I have on this forum and the Crackberry forum since 2006 with the same user name.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I would guess that neither of us is British. I have on this forum and the Crackberry forum since 2006 with the same user name.

If Raptor doesn't mind me noting from my pc, you both have high numbers and have tried other OS.

Interesting is all - now back to your desks before teacher comes.

8430128f2ceb14702b1de8adc0c490e4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49