What's the S6 got the others don't?

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has been bold in saying its sales figuars but Networks are only doing the 32 in the S6 and S6 Curve and 64 in the S6 as the rest are to highly Prices for contracts but even tho there quoting 20 million it does not mean that there all sold
In the past Networks have been caught out with the Galaxy S and S3 with no stock with the S5 they placed as and when they needed
But even tho it has its faults bring one fault that Samsung Had a Go at Apple about using and thats a Glass Back
One of the S range of phone good points was the Drop test and many people have got away with the odd drop, but now

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has been bold in saying its sales figuars but Networks are only doing the 32 in the S6 and S6 Curve and 64 in the S6 as the rest are to highly Prices for contracts but even tho there quoting 20 million it does not mean that there all sold
In the past Networks have been caught out with the Galaxy S and S3 with no stock with the S5 they placed as and when they needed
But even tho it has its faults bring one fault that Samsung Had a Go at Apple about using and thats a Glass Back
One of the S range of phone good points was the Drop test and many people have got away with the odd drop, but now

You win the record for most thoughts in one sentence :sly:

Get a clear case for out and about. Run naked at home.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just came out of an Apple store having looked at the 6 and 6+ again, and just know I would drop one. Thing is, the only cases they sell are clear perspex or dark real leather. They would let you walk out of the store without protection, so you have to go to another store or buy a case online.

Style over practicality.

Looking forward to holding the S6.

BTW: There is no shortage of periods and full stops here in London, so I will leave some here and anyone can help themselves.

You're welcome.

-----------------

.... ....... .. . . . . .
. ...

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
How well a devices performs for you is more important than sales. Sales production is nevertheless a measure of the success of the device. Moreover, an estimated 33 million units ordered in advance of the relapse speaks volumes.

that really doesn't speak volumes at all. its pretty standard numbers for a flagship device. look at how many blackberry playbooks were 'ordered in advance'. who cares.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I just came out of an Apple store having looked at the 6 and 6+ again, and just know I would drop one. Thing is, the only cases they sell are clear perspex or dark real leather. They would let you walk out of the store without protection, so you have to go to another store or buy a case online.

Style over practicality.

Looking forward to holding the S6.

BTW: There is no shortage of periods and full stops here in London, so I will leave some here and anyone can help themselves.

You're welcome.

confused as to how this is an issue. you have to buy a case somewhere else besides the apple store? you do realize it comes in a box right. so if it really concerned you that much, you dont have to take it out of box until you get a case. pretty sure this would be the exact same thing for the majority of people who are gonna get an s6, especially from a carrier store where case choices will be severely limited regardless.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
confused as to how this is an issue. you have to buy a case somewhere else besides the apple store? you do realize it comes in a box right. so if it really concerned you that much, you dont have to take it out of box until you get a case. pretty sure this would be the exact same thing for the majority of people who are gonna get an s6, especially from a carrier store where case choices will be severely limited regardless.
What issue, where?

Get real and grow a sense of humor.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the fascination that very few people have with removable batteries. There are external chargers the size of a credit card that can charge your phone all the way in about an hour. It's more convenient to use those than to dismantle and reassemble the back of your phone and battery. OEM's aren't in the business for making phones/options for the vast minority. That's why the two biggest phone manufacturers have done away with removable batteries.

I'm not against people having options but I also think that people should realize when there is a solution just as convenient out there..

Some people like the idea of an extended battery. One less thing to carry (or forget ), one less thing to charge, smaller form factor, cheap replacement.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
that really doesn't speak volumes at all. its pretty standard numbers for a flagship device. look at how many blackberry playbooks were 'ordered in advance'. who cares.

Kill joy. Analysts have suggested that sales could top 55 million this year.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be negative nelly but. Samsung always comes out with the wow features or cool stuff.. Nothing new there. I know most here are fans, but I personally won't buy another Samsung until I clearly see no lag. "watered down" touchwiz and "less bloat" isn't good enough for me until I see some reviews of people having used it for a while no matter what it "has over the competition. " Because at the end of the day, I don't give a cats patootie about the features. If its slower, it ain't worth it to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to be negative nelly but. Samsung always comes out with the wow features or cool stuff.. Nothing new there. I know most here are fans, but I personally won't buy another Samsung until I clearly see no lag. "watered down" touchwiz and "less bloat" isn't good enough for me until I see some reviews of people having used it for a while no matter what it "has over the competition. " Because at the end of the day, I don't give a cats patootie about the features. If its slower, it ain't worth it to me.

Great for you. While we are enjoying a blazing fast phone with new and improved features and performance with a more,than adequate battery to match, we will be thinking of you and later on, we will hear you singing its praises after you realize that while this isn't the greatest smartphone ever, resistance is futile. You will be assimilated at some point.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Great for you. While we are enjoying a blazing fast phone with new and improved features and performance with a more,than adequate battery to match, we will be thinking of you and later on, we will hear you singing its praises after you realize that while this isn't the greatest smartphone ever, resistance is futile. You will be assimilated at some point.

No really.. Great for YOU! lol. Samsung has never had a blazing fast phone imo. This is why I don't want to see that "occasional lag" like all their previous models. You will like it no matter what.. After all that's what fanboys do. But there are others who do not like touchwiz and need big changes to be swayed to buy such a software mess. Glad you're so excited about your upcoming toy little buddy.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No really.. Great for YOU! lol. Samsung has never had a blazing fast phone imo. This is why I don't want to see that "occasional lag" like all their previous models. You will like it no matter what.. After all that's what fanboys do. But there are others who do not like touchwiz and need big changes to be swayed to buy such a software mess. Glad you're so excited about your upcoming toy little buddy.

Nice! Enthusiast yes but fanboy, nope! I arrived at my decision after many hours of research on my own and the valuable discussions in this forums as well as reviewing the published review articles and videos.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
For me personally, it's not one single feature that interests me about the Galaxy S6, but the combination of features that interest me:

- Display. Really excited for this one. For a while, AMOLED had grainy text and was way oversaturated and all that. Over the years, it looks like Samsung has really improved the AMOLED tech a lot. I thought the Note 4 had a gorgeous screen, so can't wait to see it on a more reasonable sized phone.

- Camera. Claimed to be among the best cameras on the market. I've had HTC phones for the last few years and while I still liked those cameras, I am looking forward to the S6 camera. There were just situations where the M7 and M8 camera's weren't that great. But then again, there were situations where they were great too. Still though, I'm interested in better overall performance of this new camera in the S6.

- Fingerprint scanner. Having used the Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner, I thought it was pretty terrible. I only ever got it to work once or twice. The new one looks much improved and has some really great features with mobile payments. Hope it works out well this time round.

The improved build quality and improved performance are just catching up with other OEM's in my opinion. So I wouldn't count them as things the other phones don't have. To be honest, it's taken Samsung too long to finally improve these things.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
A Dummy's first impression -

I saw them both today in London.

Disappointed with the Edge in feel and functionality. Too extra slim at the back, except the top end.

S6 had much better heft, balance grip and feel.

I didn't read much about the S6/ Edge, tbh.

Rep demonstrated 2 or 3 features of the edge, which required laying it face down on the glass. Colored contact notifications visible on the side, touching the heart rate monitor to send a pre-determined response etc.

Different from the Note Edge in that you have to Swipe the edge to see anything and no ticker tape, which I guessed.

You guys know all this already.

The camera is too prominent, as Halcyon says, though not cheap looking. It does spoil the design feel a little.
Apple can get away with a tiny corner lens. Maybe they have no OIS, and another lawsuit for Samsung if it did the same, idk.

S6 in White, black and gold. I liked them all. The border and buttons are classy.

Gold, though I wouldn't chose it, is tastefully pale and mettalic (?).

I like the front face is gold as well.

But man, side by side it is much smaller than my Note 3.

-------

Also does anyone know if the homescreens on one of the S6 Edge's display models are a theme option?

ff0731ec254f3ded647c3e9c71a620dd.jpg
474ace23d78b6d4fa7fd0dbb6f0a663e.jpg

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
A Dummy's first impression -

I saw them both today in London.

Disappointed with the Edge in feel and functionality. Too extra slim at the back, except the top end.

S6 had much better heft, balance grip and feel.

I didn't read much about the S6/ Edge, tbh.

Rep demonstrated 2 or 3 features of the edge, which required laying it face down on the glass. Colored contact notifications visible on the side, touching the heart rate monitor to send a pre-determined response etc.

Different from the Note Edge in that you have to Swipe the edge to see anything and no ticker tape, which I guessed.

You guys know all this already.

The camera is too prominent, as Halcyon says, though not cheap looking. It does spoil the design feel a little.
Apple can get away with a tiny corner lens. Maybe they have no OIS, and another lawsuit for Samsung if it did the same, idk.

S6 in White, black and gold. I liked them all. The border and buttons are classy.

Gold, though I wouldn't chose it, is tastefully pale and mettalic (?).

I like the front face is gold as well.

But man, side by side it is much smaller than my Note 3.

-------

Also does anyone know if the homescreens on one of the S6 Edge's display models are a theme option?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/28/e2400dd4698d290b8c00d9c8229dfd7a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/28/147c3670baff27ad545fe3717656114f.jpg

One is a mini tab masquerading as a smartphone and the other is a smartphone not trying to be a mini tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair