Let's Talk - GS6 TouchWiz - Improve or Tizen

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The TW launcher is terrible (which is why I use Nova), but I like a lot of the other TW features like shade customization and settings customization. The TW camera app suits me more than the stock google camera. The gimmicky motion stuff is turned off on my phone.

If TouchWiz is slimmed down enough, there will be no need for third party launchers.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If TouchWiz is slimmed down enough, there will be no need for third party launchers.
There may not be a need but they'll still be highly desirable IMO. Nova Prime offers a lot of flexibility, multiple independent backups of layouts, etc. Next Launcher offers effects that TouchWiz will never match. Go is another feature rich high performer.

🍷from the S5🎣

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There may not be a need but they'll still be highly desirable IMO. Nova Prime offers a lot of flexibility, multiple independent backups of layouts, etc. Next Launcher offers effects that TouchWiz can will never match. Go is another feature rich high performer.

??????from the S5??????
Maybe Samsung slims down TouchWiz to the bare minimum and acquires Nova.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz has never bothered me.
With all the animations disabled I really don't see any lag.

Almost every hands-on videos show very little stutter. I could sworn I saw a little on the swipe that activate the magazine . Granted it wasn't a production unit but I could be wrong. If you are for something hard enough, you can convince yourself that you see lag.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Amen, brother . Has anyone tried to get an estimate on their current device resale from a third party seller.

TW gets a lot of grief, but it has some really really good features I've come to rely on that I don't necessarily realize is TW as opposed to Android until I watch vids like this.

As far as resale goes, I just chuck my phones, never had any interest, inclination, or time to mess around with otherwise. Maybe some can chime in here for ya.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
TW gets a lot of grief, but it has some really really good features I've come to rely on that I don't necessarily realize is TW as opposed to Android until I watch vids like this.

As far as resale goes, I just chuck my phones, never had any interest, inclination, or time to mess around with otherwise. Maybe some can chime in here for ya.

We got a great deal on my wife's i4s, enough to get my son's phone on an awesome deal. Getting some resale value is better than leaving them in a drawer.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am encouraged by TW6, reduced pre-installed apps by Samsung, after all iOS users don't call it bloatware on the iPhone (15 apps I don't use at all) so why should we. But TW6 does look really nice. I just wish we could get the pre-installed and truly bloatware Carrier Apps.

I am hopeful by using a single processor option that it will allow Samsung to provide updates to the carriers faster for testing and approval instead of building Snapdragon & Exynos variants and diverting support and resources.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am encouraged by TW6, reduced pre-installed apps by Samsung, after all iOS users don't call it bloatware on the iPhone (15 apps I don't use at all) so why should we. But TW6 does look really nice. I just wish we could get the pre-installed and truly bloatware Carrier Apps.

I am hopeful by using a single processor option that it will allow Samsung to provide updates to the carriers faster for testing and approval instead of building Snapdragon & Exynos variants and diverting support and resources.

I am for faster OS update roll outs. Wish carriers slimmed down their bloat ware giving customer to download only what they need. With less bloat ware from the carrier and Samsung, this device would be smoking and even less dependent on a giant battery .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance