Let's Talk - GS6 TouchWiz - Improve or Tizen

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am encouraged by, based upon very limited information, the fact that TouchWiz seems to be free of some bloatware and has a more unified approach with color coding and labeling. I am not ready to go cold turkey with stock Android and don't care much for Sense or some of the other launchers or skins. I feel pretty certain that Samsung will tighten TouchWiz with updates but could we see Tizen or is Tizen a next gen device feature? What do you think? In slimming down TouchWiz, do you think bloatware pack in Samsung store are the way to go as they are supposedly allowing us to do on limited basis?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Something else AT&T and Samsung could do would be push OS updates faster.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
40% lighter. Idk. TouchWiz has always had a pretty heavy footprint.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
40% lighter. Idk. TouchWiz has always had a pretty heavy footprint.

But it was also full of good features. I loved my vanilla galaxy experience so much. Touchwiz has always been like a double edged sword. Lots of tasty features but they sometimes brought lag to the experience.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
But it was also full of good features. I loved my vanilla galaxy experience so much. Touchwiz has always been like a double edged sword. Lots of tasty features but they sometimes brought lag to the experience.

I get the design and functional unification but TouchWiz should be a complement to the Android OS with a minimal footprint and zero bloat. I also under the need for differentiation from other Android skins like Sense.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
l should be a complement to the Android OS with a minimal footprint and zero bloat.

Carrier bloatwares are horrendous. My Droid charge used to have so many bloatwares that I couldn't remove w/o rooting. Option to reduce footprint would be a great step forward in manufacturer UI's indeed!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Carrier bloatwares are horrendous. My Droid charge used to have so many bloatwares that I couldn't remove w/o rooting. Option to reduce footprint would be a great step forward in manufacturer UI's indeed!

Not to mention longer days on a single charge. Charge mind you. Get my drift?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention longer days on a single charge. Charge mind you. Get my drift?

Is there any evidence suggesting touchwiz impact battery life significantly? If there is one, I'd like to see a link please.

@T-Mobile GN3

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never had that disdain for TouchWiz that some have. I just disable what I don't want, simple as that. I always replace the TouchWiz launcher so that's not an issue either.

🍄VI+🍎🐛

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've never had that disdain for TouchWiz that some have. I just disable what I don't want, simple as that. I always replace the TouchWiz launcher so that's not an issue either.

I have great disdain for android default launcher, when I first got nexus 4, I can't believe how lack of function it is.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have great disdain for android default launcher, when I first got nexus 4, I can't believe how lack of function it is.

I cannot stand the android default launcher, as blasphemous as that may seem. I have phones with Nova, Apex, Go, and Next Launcher on them. I like the performance, eye candy, options, and flexibility those launchers offer.

🍄VI+🍎🐛

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have never had the courage to go cold turkey and go stock Android. Touchwiz needs to be taken down to the bare minimum so that it complements and facilitates the overall device functionality and user experience.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have never had the courage to go cold turkey and go stock Android. Touchwiz needs to be taken down to the bare minimum so that it complements and facilitates the overall device functionality and user experience.

I can't help but liken stock Android to a salad with no toppings whatsoever. Just plain romaine lettuce (not even the good Iceberg lettuce), no dressings, no other veggies, no croutons, no bacon bits, no salad dressing whatsoever. Just dry lettuce. ...and you've gotta get up and go to the salad bar if you to add anything. ...and if that's your thing that's so very cool.

I think of TouchWiz'd Android as a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. I must admit, I kinda like Caesar salad. A lot.

♻from the Note III🍶

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't help but liken stock Android to a salad with no toppings whatsoever. Just plain romaine lettuce (not even the good Iceberg lettuce), no dressings, no other veggies, no croutons, no bacon bits, no salad dressing whatsoever. Just dry lettuce. ...and you've gotta get up and go to the salad bar if you to add anything. ...and if that's your thing that's so very cool.

I think of TouchWiz'd Android as a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. I must admit, I kinda like Caesar salad. A lot.

♻from the Note III??????

Too much salad dressing isn't good for you. Adding a third party launcher is like sprinkling bacon and flavored tortillas on top of the salad.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
TW is OK but who picked orange as the text message color on Lollipop.... It's awful

Posted via the Android Central App

Not crazy about the colors either but it's a step n the right direction toward what I hope is a very minimal footprint by the next Android OS candy is released.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The TW launcher is terrible (which is why I use Nova), but I like a lot of the other TW features like shade customization and settings customization. The TW camera app suits me more than the stock google camera. The gimmicky motion stuff is turned off on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad