03-12-2015 09:04 PM
33 12
tools
    I am encouraged by, based upon very limited information, the fact that TouchWiz seems to be free of some bloatware and has a more unified approach with color coding and labeling. I am not ready to go cold turkey with stock Android and don't care much for Sense or some of the other launchers or skins. I feel pretty certain that Samsung will tighten TouchWiz with updates but could we see Tizen or is Tizen a next gen device feature? What do you think? In slimming down TouchWiz, do you think bloatware pack in Samsung store are the way to go as they are supposedly allowing us to do on limited basis?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-07-2015 12:34 PM
    Nope no tizen unless there will be enough apps to please everyone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    03-07-2015 12:36 PM
    Something else AT&T and Samsung could do would be push OS updates faster.

ahj4513 likes this.
    03-07-2015 12:47 PM
    Something else AT&T and Samsung could do would be push OS updates faster.

And Telus

leanneleg likes this.
    03-07-2015 01:00 PM
    40% lighter. Idk. TouchWiz has always had a pretty heavy footprint.

03-07-2015 07:27 PM
    40% lighter. Idk. TouchWiz has always had a pretty heavy footprint.

But it was also full of good features. I loved my vanilla galaxy experience so much. Touchwiz has always been like a double edged sword. Lots of tasty features but they sometimes brought lag to the experience.

03-07-2015 08:46 PM
    But it was also full of good features. I loved my vanilla galaxy experience so much. Touchwiz has always been like a double edged sword. Lots of tasty features but they sometimes brought lag to the experience.

I get the design and functional unification but TouchWiz should be a complement to the Android OS with a minimal footprint and zero bloat. I also under the need for differentiation from other Android skins like Sense.

03-07-2015 09:02 PM
    l should be a complement to the Android OS with a minimal footprint and zero bloat.

Carrier bloatwares are horrendous. My Droid charge used to have so many bloatwares that I couldn't remove w/o rooting. Option to reduce footprint would be a great step forward in manufacturer UI's indeed!

03-07-2015 09:05 PM
    Carrier bloatwares are horrendous. My Droid charge used to have so many bloatwares that I couldn't remove w/o rooting. Option to reduce footprint would be a great step forward in manufacturer UI's indeed!

Not to mention longer days on a single charge. Charge mind you. Get my drift?

ahj4513 likes this.
    03-07-2015 09:17 PM
    Not to mention longer days on a single charge. Charge mind you. Get my drift?

Is there any evidence suggesting touchwiz impact battery life significantly? If there is one, I'd like to see a link please.

@T-Mobile GN3
    03-08-2015 05:45 AM
    I've never had that disdain for TouchWiz that some have. I just disable what I don't want, simple as that. I always replace the TouchWiz launcher so that's not an issue either.

🍄VI+🍎🐛
    dc52ltr likes this.
    03-08-2015 06:10 AM
    I've never had that disdain for TouchWiz that some have. I just disable what I don't want, simple as that. I always replace the TouchWiz launcher so that's not an issue either.
    I have great disdain for android default launcher, when I first got nexus 4, I can't believe how lack of function it is.
    03-08-2015 06:56 AM
    I have great disdain for android default launcher, when I first got nexus 4, I can't believe how lack of function it is.
    I cannot stand the android default launcher, as blasphemous as that may seem. I have phones with Nova, Apex, Go, and Next Launcher on them. I like the performance, eye candy, options, and flexibility those launchers offer.

🍄VI+🍎🐛
    03-08-2015 08:33 AM
    I have never had the courage to go cold turkey and go stock Android. Touchwiz needs to be taken down to the bare minimum so that it complements and facilitates the overall device functionality and user experience.

03-08-2015 11:25 AM
    I have never had the courage to go cold turkey and go stock Android. Touchwiz needs to be taken down to the bare minimum so that it complements and facilitates the overall device functionality and user experience.

I can't help but liken stock Android to a salad with no toppings whatsoever. Just plain romaine lettuce (not even the good Iceberg lettuce), no dressings, no other veggies, no croutons, no bacon bits, no salad dressing whatsoever. Just dry lettuce. ...and you've gotta get up and go to the salad bar if you to add anything. ...and if that's your thing that's so very cool.

I think of TouchWiz'd Android as a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. I must admit, I kinda like Caesar salad. A lot.

♻from the Note III🍶
    03-08-2015 04:04 PM
    I can't help but liken stock Android to a salad with no toppings whatsoever. Just plain romaine lettuce (not even the good Iceberg lettuce), no dressings, no other veggies, no croutons, no bacon bits, no salad dressing whatsoever. Just dry lettuce. ...and you've gotta get up and go to the salad bar if you to add anything. ...and if that's your thing that's so very cool.

I think of TouchWiz'd Android as a Caesar salad with grilled chicken. I must admit, I kinda like Caesar salad. A lot.

♻from the Note III
    Too much salad dressing isn't good for you. Adding a third party launcher is like sprinkling bacon and flavored tortillas on top of the salad.
    03-08-2015 04:21 PM
    You guys need to stop food fight!
    mountainman likes this.
    03-08-2015 04:50 PM
    TW is OK but who picked orange as the text message color on Lollipop.... It's awful

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2015 07:02 PM
    TW is OK but who picked orange as the text message color on Lollipop.... It's awful

Posted via the Android Central App
    Not crazy about the colors either but it's a step n the right direction toward what I hope is a very minimal footprint by the next Android OS candy is released.
    03-08-2015 07:14 PM
    The TW launcher is terrible (which is why I use Nova), but I like a lot of the other TW features like shade customization and settings customization. The TW camera app suits me more than the stock google camera. The gimmicky motion stuff is turned off on my phone.
    03-08-2015 07:22 PM
    The TW launcher is terrible (which is why I use Nova), but I like a lot of the other TW features like shade customization and settings customization. The TW camera app suits me more than the stock google camera. The gimmicky motion stuff is turned off on my phone.
    If TouchWiz is slimmed down enough, there will be no need for third party launchers.
    03-08-2015 07:29 PM
    If TouchWiz is slimmed down enough, there will be no need for third party launchers.
    There may not be a need but they'll still be highly desirable IMO. Nova Prime offers a lot of flexibility, multiple independent backups of layouts, etc. Next Launcher offers effects that TouchWiz will never match. Go is another feature rich high performer.

🍷from the S5🎣
    03-08-2015 08:03 PM
    There may not be a need but they'll still be highly desirable IMO. Nova Prime offers a lot of flexibility, multiple independent backups of layouts, etc. Next Launcher offers effects that TouchWiz can will never match. Go is another feature rich high performer.

from the S5
    Maybe Samsung slims down TouchWiz to the bare minimum and acquires Nova.
    03-08-2015 08:10 PM
    What are the odds for Lollipop 5.1?
    03-09-2015 09:39 PM
    Touchwiz has never bothered me.
    With all the animations disabled I really don't see any lag.
    03-09-2015 09:44 PM
33 12