03-11-2015 08:13 PM
54 123
tools
    How about we start a rumor that there is only one model with 128GB but they tweak the firmware to show 32, 64, or 128 depending on what you pay. Then later offer upgrades. Of course this would be cracked in no time...
    03-09-2015 10:17 PM
    Why do people keep saying this? I can't find anything about storage availability for Verizon. I'm just curious because I would love for it to be true.
    I could be wrong but I thought I saw an article announcing pre-orders next month and there may have been a mention in it.
    03-09-2015 10:17 PM
    I could be wrong but I thought I saw an article announcing pre-orders next month and there may have been a mention in it.
    I've seen a bunch of articles about pre-orders, but none mentioning what storage they'll offer and Verizon's site also doesn't say anything. I'm really hoping for a 64gb at least, but I've seen no evidence that states which they'll offer. If you come across a link I would like to see it.
    03-09-2015 10:29 PM
    I've seen a bunch of articles about pre-orders, but none mentioning what storage they'll offer and Verizon's site also doesn't say anything. I'm really hoping for a 64gb at least, but I've seen no evidence that states which they'll offer. If you come across a link I would like to see it.
    It may have been on this site or PhoneArena or Android Authority. If I see it, I will leave a link. I am sure we will hear soon in any.regard.
    03-09-2015 10:34 PM
    Verizon To Start Galaxy S6 And S6 Edge Pre-Orders On April 1st - Forbes

Found this article in Forbes.
    03-09-2015 10:41 PM
    Yeah, that's April fools day...
    03-09-2015 10:42 PM
    Yeah, that's April fools day...
    I am guessing, not having been at Verizon hq that it is a complete accident.
    03-09-2015 10:45 PM
    Appreciate it. It says that they haven't announced storage options yet though. Hopefully we'll know more soon. It would be awesome if they got all 3 storage options at the same time and not delayed by a month or so like in the past.
    03-09-2015 11:05 PM
    Appreciate it. It says that they haven't announced storage options yet though. Hopefully we'll know more soon. It would be awesome if they got all 3 storage options at the same time and not delayed by a month or so like in the past.
    Delayed or not. It's great not having the 16GB base version anymore. What's the deal from a cost or manufacturing perspective with the base model starting at 64GB?
    03-09-2015 11:10 PM
    It may be late and I need to sign off but found this on gsmarena.

Verizon starts Galaxy S6 and S6 edge pre-orders on April 1 - GSMArena.com news

Gives hint at pricing differential between the GS6 and the Edge.
    03-09-2015 11:19 PM
    But the article doesn't say that you will be able to get what you want on opening day. In fact, it says that Verizon may only have white and black at first, and no mention of colors...

" Verizon did not offer any other specifics like the colors or the storage size options yet. However, the images attached to Verizon’s tweets were of the Galaxy S6 in*the White Pearl and Black Sapphire colors so those will*likely*be two of the options.*"

My point is that there is a history of what happens when phones come out. Almost all phones today come in a variety of colors. But most of the time, you'll have to wait for the color you want if it's not black or white. The same is true for storage. Want the base storage model, no problem on opening day. Want the higher storage model, then you'll need to wait for at least a month.

I don't see any reason why it would be different today.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)
    03-09-2015 11:27 PM
    And the fact that Samsung is not very honest about anything even when it comes to # of units sold. This is nothing but hype. Stupid people will see this and think " it must be good if they have sold 20 million before it was released, that's what I'm going to get". No trying to say the S6 is not a nice phone just that Samsung know how to play the game.

Posted via Android Central App
    I agree Samsung still has the worst customer support out there, and they have been known to enrich stories about their products.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    03-10-2015 06:12 AM
    If pre-order volume is heavy, it could be possible that this number goes higher. Time will tell, only a couple of weeks until pre-orders start.
    03-10-2015 06:18 AM
    If pre-order volume is heavy, it could be possible that this number goes higher. Time will tell, only a couple of weeks until pre-orders start.
    What number are you taking about?

03-10-2015 06:34 AM
    The reality is this is the metric Samsung has always used (carrier orders). So just by going by that, it is a good number for them. The S5 wasn't received this well out the gate from carriers last year. So relatively speaking this is a good sign.
    03-10-2015 07:03 AM
    What number are you taking about?

I believe he means the initial pre-order number. The surge in pre-orders across the board may increase the number.
    03-10-2015 07:20 AM
    http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...crease-593577/

Looks like additional production volume above initial reporting

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-10-2015 11:02 AM
    http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...crease-593577/

Looks like additional production volume above initial reporting

That's not what I read. I read due to heavy demand about an additional 13 million will be made. The article never stated how many were already made, only what was pre-ordered.

My point is if only 10 million were already made and due to the high pre-orders, it would make sense to manufacture more so you can meet your demand.

The article is fact free and gibberish and we can't make heads or tails about anything. To insinuate that there will be 33 million phones shipped by April is a bit of a stretch with out some knowledge of what was already manufacturered.

03-10-2015 11:48 AM
    I have a question that hopefully somebody will be able to answer regarding preordering. It's kind of risky spending that much or getting locked into a 2 year contract with a phone that you haven't even touched. Most carriers offer a 14 day return policy. So, lets say I preorder an Edge phone for myself and when it comes, I decide I would have rather have the regular version. I can just take it back to the store and assuming they have stock of the regular one then I can exchange it with no questions asked? Does anybody have any experience with this in the past? I'm talking about Verizon in particular if that matters.
    03-10-2015 12:47 PM
    I have a question that hopefully somebody will be able to answer regarding preordering. It's kind of risky spending that much or getting locked into a 2 year contract with a phone that you haven't even touched. Most carriers offer a 14 day return policy. So, lets say I preorder an Edge phone for myself and when it comes, I decide I would have rather have the regular version. I can just take it back to the store and assuming they have stock of the regular one then I can exchange it with no questions asked? Does anybody have any experience with this in the past? I'm talking about Verizon in particular if that matters.
    First off, a pre-order once fully ordered and paid for will be able to be returned after you receive it. I can't speak for Verizon, but with AT&T it is a $35 restocking fee. And yes, you should have 14 days to try it out.

STEVESKI07 likes this.
    03-10-2015 03:14 PM
    Samsung is already ramping up Galaxy S6 production - report

Another story about 13 million more unit orders. 33 million..it's going to a busy release day and pre-order process.
    03-10-2015 07:41 PM
    My prediction. The edge version will be hard to come by. They take longer to make and I think they are underestimating demand.
    03-10-2015 07:53 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...s-year_id67099

Estimate from Citibank upped from 38 million.

03-11-2015 08:03 AM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...s-year_id67099

Estimate from Citibank upped from 38 million.

I just saw that and think that it is insane.

03-11-2015 08:57 AM
    Historically how far in advance of release does att open up preorders?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2015 10:25 AM
54 123