Samsung Galaxy S6 20mil preorders from carriers

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: 20mil preorders from carriers

What number are you taking about?

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

I believe he means the initial pre-order number. The surge in pre-orders across the board may increase the number.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-production-increase-593577/

Looks like additional production volume above initial reporting

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

That's not what I read. I read due to heavy demand about an additional 13 million will be made. The article never stated how many were already made, only what was pre-ordered.

My point is if only 10 million were already made and due to the high pre-orders, it would make sense to manufacture more so you can meet your demand.

The article is fact free and gibberish and we can't make heads or tails about anything. To insinuate that there will be 33 million phones shipped by April is a bit of a stretch with out some knowledge of what was already manufacturered.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I have a question that hopefully somebody will be able to answer regarding preordering. It's kind of risky spending that much or getting locked into a 2 year contract with a phone that you haven't even touched. Most carriers offer a 14 day return policy. So, lets say I preorder an Edge phone for myself and when it comes, I decide I would have rather have the regular version. I can just take it back to the store and assuming they have stock of the regular one then I can exchange it with no questions asked? Does anybody have any experience with this in the past? I'm talking about Verizon in particular if that matters.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I have a question that hopefully somebody will be able to answer regarding preordering. It's kind of risky spending that much or getting locked into a 2 year contract with a phone that you haven't even touched. Most carriers offer a 14 day return policy. So, lets say I preorder an Edge phone for myself and when it comes, I decide I would have rather have the regular version. I can just take it back to the store and assuming they have stock of the regular one then I can exchange it with no questions asked? Does anybody have any experience with this in the past? I'm talking about Verizon in particular if that matters.

First off, a pre-order once fully ordered and paid for will be able to be returned after you receive it. I can't speak for Verizon, but with AT&T it is a $35 restocking fee. And yes, you should have 14 days to try it out.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

My prediction. The edge version will be hard to come by. They take longer to make and I think they are underestimating demand.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Historically how far in advance of release does att open up preorders?

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I just saw that and think that it is insane.

It's exciting. It would be awesome to sell enough to quiet the critics.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Historically how far in advance of release does att open up preorders?

Posted via the Android Central App

I think about 10 days, I remember pre-ordering an LG (competitor to the Note 2 back in the day) and it was 10 days out. Ended up returning it, I felt the UI/UX was just not polished enough.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I think about 10 days, I remember pre-ordering an LG (competitor to the Note 2 back in the day) and it was 10 days out. Ended up returning it, I felt the UI/UX was just not polished enough.

That doesn't sound like it will be a problem with the GS6 which, though not perfect, is a leap in the right direction.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay