Samsung Galaxy S6 In 30 days

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: In 30 days

This phone is going to sell like hot cakes! Why? because of the premium build quality. If someone is going to spend $700 on a phone, a cheap plastic feeling phone just isn't going to cut it any more.That's why Sony and HTC have made comebacks, by offering something Samsung wasn't, a premium build quality.
The S6 design just took away a big reason why many steer away from Samsung in the past.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

This phone is going to sell like hot cakes! Why? because of the premium build quality. If someone is going to spend $700 on a phone, a cheap plastic feeling phone just isn't going to cut it any more.That's why Sony and HTC have made comebacks, by offering something Samsung wasn't, a premium build quality.
The S6 design just took away a big reason why many steer away from Samsung in the past.
You are correct, of course. Many more people will be happy about the new build and feature than there are those who are disappointed by the loss of removables. The phone will be a hit but I will wait until the S7.

from the Note Edge📱📏

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

What comebacks? Neither HTC nor SONY is doing good, HTC is sliding downward for many years, losing share and profit along the way.

The ones doing better are Lenovo (Moto), LG, Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi.

http://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-players-in-2014-and-beyond-592784/

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

I'm dying laughing. A million threads on how much the s6 sucks and how nobody will buy it. Now it's " I'll take that s6 in blue pls." ????????????????????????

Posted via the Android Central App

Haha I noticed that too. I'm sure as we get closer to launch day and real reviews start coming out many of the haters who bashed it will be changing their mind. Like most I wish they included the SD card and removable battery but the positives of this phone far outweigh the negatives IMO and I think more people are starting to realize that.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Haha I noticed that too. I'm sure as we get closer to launch day and real reviews start coming out many of the haters who bashed it will be changing their mind. Like most I wish they included the SD card and removable battery but the positives of this phone far outweigh the negatives IMO and I think more people are starting to realize that.

Have to cut some slack to people, change is hard. I was fine with the changes because I already made the change years ago to go away from SD cards and removable batteries. However, I remember how hard it was for me to leave a physical keyboard back in the day.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Have to cut some slack to people, change is hard. I was fine with the changes because I already made the change years ago to go away from SD cards and removable batteries. However, I remember how hard it was for me to leave a physical keyboard back in the day.

I totally understand because I said I'd never give up a physical keyboard or get a phablet (notice my pic of the note 4), but I didn't rant and rave like some of these people and then still give my money away. That's what makes the whole situation funny.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I totally understand because I said I'd never give up a physical keyboard or get a phablet (notice my pic of the note 4), but I didn't rant and rave like some of these people and then still give my money away. That's what makes the whole situation funny.

Forums have a way of bringing out the kid in some of us, so a little whining is to be expected. I know I've done my share before.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

You know, when I seen the title of the thread and the first post, the nerd inside thought it appropriate to contribute.

Not so much now.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

It was hard but I gave the BB keyboard and secure commas platform that,at the time, really couldn't compete with Apple or Android.

Glenn Sager

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm dying laughing. A million threads on how much the s6 sucks and how nobody will buy it. Now it's " I'll take that s6 in blue pls." 😂😂😂😂

I am 1 that is still not on the bandwagon...if it matters lol. They are preselling a couple of these things I hear. Just a couple :)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm with you. After using a couple devices without the SD card and removable battery, you find that these things don't really matter when it comes to the operation. The hardest part I had was moving from the physical keyboard to touch screen - the old BB days.

In any event, I think these devices will make believers out of some people.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you. After using a couple devices without the SD card and removable battery, you find that these things don't really matter when it comes to the operation. The hardest part I had was moving from the physical keyboard to touch screen - the old BB days.

In any event, I think these devices will make believers out of some people.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

Definitely sympathize and can totally understand but there comes a time to move on. I, on the other hand, have chosen to sit those discussions out. I was once like them but as I get older, I am trying to live in the moment and embrace the future. This device is going to be great as the one after it as I am confident that Samsung's Design with a Purpose philosophy is in gear when it comes to the next big thing.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I've been on the " I Must have it !!" from the moment i saw AC's hands on video.
Can't wait to have it. Leaving Verizon and going back to AT&T where the pone will actually work while I'm ay it.
Verizon sucks. Unless they are your Only option where you live, i have no idea why people use it.
worst company ever.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I've been on the " I Must have it !!" from the moment i saw AC's hands on video.
Can't wait to have it. Leaving Verizon and going back to AT&T where the pone will actually work while I'm ay it.
Verizon sucks. Unless they are your Only option where you live, i have no idea why people use it.
worst company ever.

I pretty excited about it especially after the unveil. We have been with AT&T for over 20 years and have been treated well. Our experience with them has always been great.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

I read that the S5 sold only 17 million units since its introduction. The preorders from carriers is already 20 million for the S6 (15M S6, 5M Edge). And that's before any reorders.

This thing is going to be a monster!

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Definitely sympathize and can totally understand but there comes a time to move on. I, on the other hand, have chosen to sit those discussions out. I was once like them but as I get older, I am trying to live in the moment and embrace the future. This device is going to be great as the one after it as I am confident that Samsung's Design with a Purpose philosophy is in gear when it comes to the next big thing.

I applaud your restraint. As I have moved through devices from Treo to BlackBerry to Android, I have cursed most of the changes I had to make. From losing the stylus of the Treo when I moved to BlackBerry to giving up the physical keyboard as I moved on from the Motorola Droid, etc. However, luckily for me, forums weren't as popular as they are today and I was just able to internalize my frustrations and complain to my friends.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I don't think folks have to move on yet. If you want an SD and/or removable battery simply select a different device. You still have plenty of options. It's simply not as though Samsung is the only OEM making handsets and, as has been stated countless times, even they offer alternatives to the S6.

♻from the Note 4 📶

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I read that the S5 sold only 17 million units since its introduction. The preorders from carriers is already 20 million for the S6 (15M S6, 5M Edge). And that's before any reorders.

This thing is going to be a monster!

I think they are under estimating the Edge. I think it will be very popular.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I think they are under estimating the Edge. I think it will be very popular.

I hope I can get one on launch day. I too think they are under estimating how popular the edge will be.
I wanted the Edge version immediately after seeing both models.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

The point all along has been to chose the device that best meets your needs. If this doesn't , select another device that does. The other point is not to focus on what you are missing but all the other things that you are gaining with all the gains form improved functionality and features.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch