Samsung Galaxy S6 In 30 days

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: In 30 days

Here is the only real world scenario that worries me about sealed batteries. This did happen at work this week where a co-worker asked for my help with his work iPhone, (yeah that is what we get asigned, mine is a 4S) he has a iPhone 5C. The screen was completely unresponsive, dead to all touch, and no matter what, he even smacked it a few times it would not allow him to turn it off. As you may (or may not know) to turn off an iOS device its hold the power button until you see notification to slide to power of. Well if the screen is unresponsive and you can't pull the battery what are you to do. I told him to call our internal IT support or hit up the Apple store.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Here is the only real world scenario that worries me about sealed batteries. This did happen at work this week where a co-worker asked for my help with his work iPhone, (yeah that is what we get asigned, mine is a 4S) he has a iPhone 5C. The screen was completely unresponsive, dead to all touch, and no matter what, he even smacked it a few times it would not allow him to turn it off. As you may (or may not know) to turn off an iOS device its hold the power button until you see notification to slide to power of. Well if the screen is unresponsive and you can't pull the battery what are you to do. I told him to call our internal IT support or hit up the Apple store.

With great reward there is always risk. Doubt with how some people upgrade, you will be on the next iteration of this device before it becomes a problem.

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site

There's a Samsung rep in Carphone Warehouse in Swindon, UK, with an S6 today. Had a very quick go. Its certainly snappy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site

With less than 30 days to launch I would hope we would hear some pre-order details soon from carriers that haven't announced it....specifically AT&T! Heck if Verizon already announced a pre-order start date then AT&T should announce soon I would think.

I really think the edge version is going to be hard to come by at the beginning....

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

With less than 30 days to launch I would hope we would hear some pre-order details soon from carriers that haven't announced it....specifically AT&T! Heck if Verizon already announced a pre-order start date then AT&T should announce soon I would think.

I really think the edge version is going to be hard to come by at the beginning....

I agree with you about the Edge. I think it will launch across all carriers on the 10th.

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Forgot to mention the Samsung rep said pre orders may go live around the 20th (for the UK).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I am a staunch Samsuck and TouchCrap hater. My entire android life was Galaxy. My wife and kids called it getting our of Samsung Jain when we walked at the S4.

The Note series and the S6 though! Whoa! Very very nice. The Note 4 speaks for itself.

The S6, that SoC, that ultra fast storage, that form factor, and most importantly, 40% less TouchCrap bloat??? Yup. I am on that like whoa.

After a couple version of Nexus stuff (N5 for all of us, N6, N7's etc), my wife realized, she wants a better camera. She uses a big DLR with zoom lenses and stuff like that. For spur of the moment, she uses what is in her hand. If it is my phone, her phone, or a tablet, she snaps what picture she can. These Nexus have awful cameras. For her, that camera has her locked, and it will be bearable for her due to the smaller TouchCrap footprint, and Nova Launcher.

For us both, the realization sunk in Las Vegas this month. She wanted a custom case for her phone. A little kiosk in the Fashion Show Mall would put our wedding picture from years ago, on a case right then and there, for iPhone 4-6+, LG G3, and Galaxy S3 (??!!)-S5. Not a chance in hell for Nexus.She saw a Chanel case she wanted. Same phones.

When you own Nexus, you are supposed to get updates. Well, I have been flashing, because when you have an AT&T SIM, you don't get the updates. I have had to flash all of our Nexus updates, a month after they come out. She never even got 5.0 on her tablet, it jumped from 4.4.3 to 5.01. What's the point in a weaker phone when you get slow updates on inferior hardware. Make no mistake, the S6 is amazing tech.

Yeah, I am back on board, but we had seats already, my whole family owned S1-S3's.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I am back on board, but we had seats already, my whole family owned S1-S3's.

Yeah...I couldn't wait to @#$%can my Samsung, but I'm on board...big time. I don't think LG is going to make a phone small enough for me and it already has some rumors of a curved back...blech.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

With great reward there is always risk. Doubt with how some people upgrade, you will be on the next iteration of this device before it becomes a problem.

True, given my penchant for upgrades I will be on the Note 5 when it comes along. I guess my point was if you can't power off a sealed device what do you do, I guess you let the battery die and hope that fixes it. But if I recall correctly on Android you don't have to swipe to power off, just hold the power button, so Android does it better.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Yeah...I couldn't wait to @#$%can my Samsung, but I'm on board...big time. I don't think LG is going to make a phone small enough for me and it already has some rumors of a curved back...blech.

For sure. They have made up for past sin with us.

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

this is worse than being six years old and waiting for Christmas presents!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463