So I sent an email to Spigen regarding their S6 cases they're bringing out.

Not aware if this is common knowledge or not, but Spigen's response was that if you put your S6/edge in one of their cases, the wireless charging capability won't work.

So if you want to use the wireless charging you'd have to take the phone out of its case first.

I imagine this is the same for other companies cases, Anyone know of any cases that allow the S6 to charge wirelessly - without having to take the case off?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-11-2015 08:49 AM
    Odd.... Never had a thin you case, or thick case for that matter, that interfered with wireless charging.. .

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2015 08:56 AM
    I'm hoping that this is Spigen's either lack of knowledge or "playing it safe" response and not true. I believe other devices that have wireless charging work fine with cases as long as they aren't too thick. I don't think I'm going to use a case, but I will definitely have one on my wife's phone and I would be pretty disappointed if hers didn't charge wirelessly.
    03-11-2015 09:00 AM
    This can't be right. I think the rep you heard from does not understand wireless charging. I currently have a Spigen case on my N5 and wireless charging works just fine. I've never had an issue unless the case was too thick. Slim cases should be just fine.
    03-11-2015 09:59 AM
    This is not true, Spigen cases do work with wireless charging. Maybe the rep misunderstood your question
    03-11-2015 10:13 AM
    Yeah, that's a bunch of bull. The rep either didn't understand or was playing it safe.
    03-11-2015 10:29 AM
    So I sent an email to Spigen regarding their S6 cases they're bringing out.

Not aware if this is common knowledge or not, but Spigen's response was that if you put your S6/edge in one of their cases, the wireless charging capability won't work.

So if you want to use the wireless charging you'd have to take the phone out of its case first.

I imagine this is the same for other companies cases, Anyone know of any cases that allow the S6 to charge wirelessly - without having to take the case off?

I highly doubt that what you are saying is true
    03-11-2015 11:23 AM
    Dear Chris,

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your email.

I am afraid that our Spigen cases are not compatible with wireless chargers.

Regarding the glass - at the moment we don't have any information regarding s6 screen protectors, as they are still developing it.

Kind regards,

Support

It could be that they misinterpreted, but I did ask if the S6's wireless charging feature would work if the phone was in one of their cases....so either its true, they misinterpreted, or playing it safe.

I don't know the limitations of this wireless charging tech, but I wouldn't have thought that a few extra mm of plastic would prevent it from charging with a case on??

I'll email them again to confirm

03-11-2015 01:12 PM
    Watch this, start at 2:15
    The guy puts his Nexus (with a Spigen case) on a Qi wireless charger and it works

Start at 2:15
    ChrisT1986 likes this.
    03-11-2015 01:22 PM
    Nice one, that's reassured me.

Not sure what the Spigen support thought I was asking about??

03-11-2015 01:40 PM
    I have a spigen ultra thin on my N6, use Tlyt charger with no problems at all.
    ChrisT1986 likes this.
    03-11-2015 02:17 PM
    The Spigen thin fit and Spigen Neo Hybrid allow my GF's Note 3 to charge wirelessly using a wireless charging receiver.
    ChrisT1986 likes this.
    03-11-2015 05:15 PM
    Dear Chris,

As previously stated our Spigen cases are not compatible with wireless chargers, therefore they won't fit together with them.

Kind regards,

Support

So this was the response I got from Spigen, I replied to them originally saying "if I put an S6 in one of your cases, and then placed the phone onto a wireless charging dock, would the current pass through the plastic of your case to the S6's battery.

Based on the video posted above of a nexus being wirelessly charged, I think this is a case of Spigen not knowing for definite that there cases will interfere with the S6 wireless capabilities as I'm guessing they don't have a working S6 to test this feature with??

Only way we'll know for sure is when someone posts reviews/videos

03-12-2015 06:54 AM
    I imagine the thin fit ones will be fine
    03-12-2015 07:04 AM
    My Nexus 5 wirelessly charged just fine with a Ballistic Case, which is one of the thickest cases out there.
    ChrisT1986 likes this.
    03-12-2015 08:18 AM
    I asked Lifeproof if their Fre case for the GS6 would work with wireless charging (along with NFC, MST, and the fingerprint reader)), the response was that it was designed to allow all the GS6's features to work. So they're at least thinking they'll work and/or are trying to make sure they'd work. Ultimately we're going to have to get the things and do some testing though.
    03-12-2015 06:37 PM