US GS6 Release Date April 11th

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen a release on a Saturday. For those that pre-order they won't get devices delivered as most carriers won't pay for Saturday delivery.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The first article says April 11th. The second says April 10th. Who is to be believed? Lol

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would as more but not totally absolutely credible PhoneArena. Samsung has changed their design policy, why not change release dates.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would as more but not totally absolutely credible PhoneArena. Samsung has changed their design policy, why not change release dates.

Why? Why would a carrier release on a weekend? Sure, it'll get people in the door but pre-order folks will be left out unless they get them a day before actual release. Then the walk-in folks would be crying foul.

And if you don't believe in the credibility of Phone Arena why all the multiple post about this supposed release day in so many different threads?

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Why? Why would a carrier release on a weekend? Sure, it'll get people in the door but pre-order folks will be left out unless they get them a day before actual release. Then the walk-in folks would be crying foul.

And if you don't believe in the credibility of Phone Arena why all the multiple post about this supposed release day in so many different threads?

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

There are few things in life that are absolutely certain and they don't concern phones for me. Why not shake up the normal paradigm, it can't hurt.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There are few things in life that are absolutely certain and they don't concern phones for me. Why not shake up the normal paradigm, it can't hurt.

Seems like there is enough shaking going on already.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
AT&T releases are typically on Fridays and Verizon's are on Thursday (unless it is the iPhone) going on past history regarding release dates the 11th is unlikely since it falls on a Saturday. We should know more once AT&T has a pre order date and at least for Verizon we should have a better idea once pre orders start on April 1st

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I have decided to wait just one week after release because I'm still not sure if I want the edge. Also if the s6 really can't out run the s5 battery then no way am I getting it. One week for real people like us to review and I will know. Nobody will run out of these things. That pretty much only happens with iPhones.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
With such a rapid charge feature, I guess they concern about lower battery life is not huge concern by Samsung (or reviewers), while I am happy to see more details emerge about the release I am still unconvinced we will get what we truly want. A real confirmation of storage options and color options by carrier for quite some time.

If the S6 or S6 Edge is not available in 128GB for AT&T I see no reason to jump. My 6 Plus is 128GB and I still have way more room than I need on it, but its the ability to put more on my phone and the inability to expand the memory capacity that requires 128GB option from Samsung.

So much so that I am looking at the Note 4 + 128GB microSD card, realizing that I don't carry more than 3-4GB of apps at any given time and big games are done on my tablet.

Well its about 27 days to go then.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I really hope Att gives us the option to get the 128gb. Even if it's limited in quantities. People must remember, we're not the average user here in this community. The carriers want to stock phones what will sell. With the prices being sky high as they are for phones these days, most will go for the cheapest option. And the cheapest option (32gb) will attract more buyers

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
According to a few Canadian sources the release in Canada is April 10

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why it's not possible that the US release is on April 11th, a Saturday. The GS6 was built from the ground up with a new design philosophy. Why not break with tradition again and release on a Saturday. Back in the days that I was a RIM user. Releases were often on a Saturday. If shipping is an issue, it would mean that you get your device the evening before everyone in the US. When the pre-order for the Galaxy S4 went live, I ordered mine from a hotel room on a business trip. The phone arrived the evening the day before the store release and I have been with AT&T for 20 years.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why it's not possible that the US release is on April 11th, a Saturday. The GS6 was built from the ground up with a new design philosophy. Why not break with tradition again and release on a Saturday. Back in the days that I was a RIM user. Releases were often on a Saturday. If shipping is an issue, it would mean that you get your device the evening before everyone in the US. When the pre-order for the Galaxy S4 went live, I ordered mine from a hotel room on a business trip. The phone arrived the evening the day before the store release and I have been with AT&T for 20 years.

Because there is no possible way that Verizon and AT&T will allow anyone on this continent to launch the device before they do if they can possibly do so. Samsung's either going to let them sell it on the 10th, or Canada isn't releasing until the 11th.

While I can certainly see the appeal of releasing on a Saturday, as you're likely to get more sales thanks to it not generally being a workday, it presents other logistical problems, not to mention you've got the weekend crew on for new accounts and switchover issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair