US GS6 Release Date April 11th

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
!00% agree.
Because there is no possible way that Verizon and AT&T will allow anyone on this continent to launch the device before they do if they can possibly do so. Samsung's either going to let them sell it on the 10th, or Canada isn't releasing until the 11th.

While I can certainly see the appeal of releasing on a Saturday, as you're likely to get more sales thanks to it not generally being a workday, it presents other logistical problems, not to mention you've got the weekend crew on for new accounts and switchover issues.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Because there is no possible way that Verizon and AT&T will allow anyone on this continent to launch the device before they do if they can possibly do so. Samsung's either going to let them sell it on the 10th, or Canada isn't releasing until the 11th.

While I can certainly see the appeal of releasing on a Saturday, as you're likely to get more sales thanks to it not generally being a workday, it presents other logistical problems, not to mention you've got the weekend crew on for new accounts and switchover issues.

It's the release of a highly anticipated flagship device so why would a weekend out of the entire year be any different for new accounts and switchover issues.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I don't see the appeal of a Saturday. The die hards are buying day 1 no matter what so get that over with on Friday. Then you have the weekend for everyone else not sure or wanting to get one after seeing a diehards the day before. Makes sense to have less crowds on the weekend when most regular people shop.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
When will Samsung release what I called the "Google Edition" - unlocked model with all the radios for U.S. carriers built-in? Late time I think it was 6 months after release!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No trying to discredit,cast aspersions, or backtrack. I find it interesting that the PhoneArena article mentions a sales rep. That should have been a red flag. I might have fallen for the "sales rep" told me story. Then, a post form someone who has a friend who works at Samsung.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
No trying to discredit,cast aspersions, or backtrack. I find it interesting that the PhoneArena article mentions a sales rep. That should have been a red flag. I might have fallen for the "sales rep" told me story. Then, a post form someone who has a friend who works at Samsung.

Agree. Until we get official word I consider all of this just speculation.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the release of a highly anticipated flagship device so why would a weekend out of the entire year be any different for new accounts and switchover issues.

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but one big deal is the delivery of devices to people who pre-order. If the device doesn't release until Saturday, it will increase cost to do Saturday deliveries.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The T-mobile stuff is generally uninstallable.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

This will be my first time buying a phone from a carrier in some time, but I actually want T-Mobile wifi callling enabled and available so I'll be buying it outright from them. If there is too much other bloat, hopefully I can root it and kill the other stuff while maintaining wifi calling.

corye

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It's been a bit since I've bought a new phone. I can't remember how Sprint has been with bloatware... I want to say it wasn't that bad when I bought my EVO LTE, but that could have changed...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7