US GS6 Release Date April 11th

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Not AT&T. Don't know know about Sprint.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

AT&T keeps sounding better and better. I hope more information is leaked about the S6 Active in the next couple weeks so I can decide whether to wait and switch to AT&T or just stick to Verizon and get the Edge.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think someone mentioned it earlier, but one big deal is the delivery of devices to people who pre-order. If the device doesn't release until Saturday, it will increase cost to do Saturday deliveries.

As I mentioned previously, when I pre-ordered the GS4 on AT&T, it arrived via FedEx the day before it released in stores.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
In Italy the S6 is being released on April 10th and the S6 Edge will be released on the 24th. I hope the delayed release isn't the same in the US. I know it's only an additional 2 week wait, but I'm already on the fence between the two and if my wife is rocking an S6 for 2 weeks while I still have my S3, I may go crazy.

One nice thing though is that they are including a wireless charger if you preorder. Hopefully they'll do the same in the US.

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-and-galaxy-s6-edge-pre-orders-commence-italy

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
In Italy the S6 is being released on April 10th and the S6 Edge will be released on the 24th. I hope the delayed release isn't the same in the US. I know it's only an additional 2 week wait, but I'm already on the fence between the two and if my wife is rocking an S6 for 2 weeks while I still have my S3, I may go crazy.

One nice thing though is that they are including a wireless charger if you preorder. Hopefully they'll do the same in the US.

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-and-galaxy-s6-edge-pre-orders-commence-italy

I think you'll manage. More concerned about pricing differential.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I think you'll manage. More concerned about pricing differential.

I just realized I could probably use the regular S6 for a couple weeks to make sure it's fully optimized and configured properly before giving it to my wife coincidentally at the same time my Edge comes in the mail. I wouldn't want her to have to use an un-optimized phone.

As far as pricing differential, isn't it pretty much already known? $200 for S6 and $300 for S6 Edge on contract. $700 and $850 off contract. Then $100 extra per storage upgrade most likely. Maybe if we're lucky only $50 increase for storage upgrade.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There is a rhyme and a reason to product launches, and I am sure there are multiple marketing studies done by Samsung, the carriers, etc, as to release dates but rarely does anything release on a Saturday. If Samsung is going for the 10th in most of Europe, as it seems, I doubt they would push it back by a day in the US. The carriers would also have to foot the bill for Saturday delivery and there are some places were FedEx or UPS or the USPS don't do Saturday delivery. So unless Samsung is willing to let the carriers ship it early, in which case why not just let everyone have it on the 10th, a Saturday launch has more negatives then positives. They will sell the same about of S6's, if not more, by launching on Friday in any event.

Regardless, it's just a day difference. Friday or Saturday, I'll just be happy to get one.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Was at Best Buy this weekend.
The samsung dude said they are taking Pre Orders the 27th of this month.
The preorder cost 50.00 and goes on a gift card.
Said they are suppose to release them like April 10.

He said they got rid of the SD card because it works on draining the battery and will slow the phone down.
They come out with a new battery.
A new hard drive .
And new memory.
And a new processor.
Alll which are faster than what is in the Samsung Galaxy S5 by like 4 times faster.
Said he couldn't tell me how much anything was gonna cost.

Would of learned more but a lady kept coming and interrupting the samsung man over and over.
And I was there before her.
I just about blew my top.
Wait your turn.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Was at Best Buy this weekend.
The samsung dude said they are taking Pre Orders the 27th of this month.
The preorder cost 50.00 and goes on a gift card.
Said they are suppose to release them like April 10.

He said they got rid of the SD card because it works on draining the battery and will slow the phone down.
They come out with a new battery.
A new hard drive .
And new memory.
And a new processor.
Alll which are faster than what is in the Samsung Galaxy S5 by like 4 times faster.
Said he couldn't tell me how much anything was gonna cost.

Would of learned more but a lady kept coming and interrupting the samsung man over and over.
And I was there before her.
I just about blew my top.
Wait your turn.

Thanks for the tip. Coincidental that AT&T promotion ends the day before?

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Coincidental that AT&T promotion ends the day before?

What's the ATT promotion? I'm set on the S6 and don't have any preference with ATT or Verizon. A $100 sign on bonus or something similar would be enough to get me to switch assuming I can get plans of equal prices.

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What's the ATT promotion? I'm set on the S6 and don't have any preference with ATT or Verizon. A $100 sign on bonus or something similar would be enough to get me to switch assuming I can get plans of equal prices.

It is a promotion to pre register for the S6 and have a chance to win a Gear S. No incentives for actually getting the phone and I wouldn't expect any of those for a few months after release. This phone doesn't need promotions to push it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It is a promotion to pre register for the S6 and have a chance to win a Gear S. No incentives for actually getting the phone and I wouldn't expect any of those for a few months after release. This phone doesn't need promotions to push it.

Agreed. Still can't wait for the pre-orders to start.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As far as at&t goes. If you preorder usually you will get the phone a day or 2 early/before launch day. The last 2 times I preordered with them I got the phone early.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
As far as at&t goes. If you preorder usually you will get the phone a day or 2 early/before launch day. The last 2 times I preordered with them I got the phone early.

I am planning on going to Best Buy and hope that they start taking preorders the same day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7