Samsung Galaxy S6 Another review

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Another review

Sounds like he got decent battery life with moderate use, but it's still on the light side.

He makes the point of the protruding camera, you know they could have increased the thickness just enough to eliminate the camera hump, and filled the extra space with battery, killed two birds with one stone. I just wonder how much that would have increased the cost by.

By the look of the OS, Samsung hasn't quite completely dark-themed Lollipop like they usually do.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Had the S4 and sold it after a few months and never tried the S5 but I am impressed with the S6. Might have to pull the trigger after it comes out and I see real world reviews! Hardware has always been great but the new processor and less features plus the 64 & 128 GB options are nice. Not worried about sd card and battery as I left those a while back.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Ha I was going to post this
He had decent battery life, and says the loud speaker is louder than the S5 unlike the GSM Review
My trust for GSM is going doing slowly

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

It was detailed enough that the swappable battery and expandable storage folks should have their concerns mitigated. The OneDrive cloud storage which I read in the GSMArena review was 100GB free. A ton of storage and no need to buy an external hard drive.

Battery life review sounded encouraging especially considering the rapid charging as well as dual wireless charging standards in addition to using a power bank charger. Come to think of it. Other than wall hungers, I have never seen someone swap batteries.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

If there is no embargo, what are reviewers waiting.....

This is the real question. I don't understand why there aren't any real good reviews that do thorough real world tests if there is no embargo. This review that was posted isn't anything more than what someone could do with a spec sheet and 5 minutes of hands on time could do. The GSMarena one makes it feel like it's a real review, but why are they the only ones? It makes me skeptical that they actually reviewed the unit instead of just using it for a few hours during MWC.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

It was detailed enough that the swappable battery and expandable storage folks should have their concerns mitigated. The OneDrive cloud storage which I read in the GSMArena review was 100GB free. A ton of storage and no need to buy an external hard drive.

Battery life review sounded encouraging especially considering the rapid charging as well as dual wireless charging standards in addition to using a power bank charger. Come to think of it. Other than wall hungers, I have never seen someone swap batteries.

Why would someone who can swap batteries be a wall hugger? No offense to you, but you seem to be overly optimistic when it comes to the battery life on this phone even when all signs point to the opposite. If something positive is posted, you're all about it. But if something negative is posted you just say that it's because it's not a final version. I hope you're right, but I don't think it's going to be that great. Yes, the quick charging and wireless charging are nice features that help the battery issue, but it is NOT better than having great battery life to begin with or to be able to swap batteries. Again, I'm not one of those guys that complains about swappable batteries or SD card support, but there's no denying that they are nice to have features. Offsetting those features with higher storage (they did) and better battery life (doubtful) would be sufficient replacements for me. I'm pretty much guaranteed to get the S6 unless the battery life turns out to be horrible, but there's no denying that if it's battery life is 20% worse than last years model and you can't just swap in a replacement, it doesn't necessarily make me happy.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I've been carrying a spare battery since they have been made available to me. I also charge my phone every time I see a plug. Not having a spare battery in my pocket will take some getting used to for sure. Also, no one else I know takes advantage of the spare battery kits going around. If the battery on the S6 is close that that in my S5, I'm all in

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Why would someone who can swap batteries be a wall hugger? No offense to you, but you seem to be overly optimistic when it comes to the battery life on this phone even when all signs point to the opposite. If something positive is posted, you're all about it. But if something negative is posted you just say that it's because it's not a final version. I hope you're right, but I don't think it's going to be that great. Yes, the quick charging and wireless charging are nice features that help the battery issue, but it is NOT better than having great battery life to begin with or to be able to swap batteries. Again, I'm not one of those guys that complains about swappable batteries or SD card support, but there's no denying that they are nice to have features. Offsetting those features with higher storage (they did) and better battery life (doubtful) would be sufficient replacements for me. I'm pretty much guaranteed to get the S6 unless the battery life turns out to be horrible, but there's no denying that if it's battery life is 20% worse than last years model and you can't just swap in a replacement, it doesn't necessarily make me happy.

Recent PRELIMINARY battery reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. The battery and the hardware at the MWC are most likely final but I would guess that firmware was not final at that point. My hope is comparable battery life to its predecessor which is feat considering how much is crammed into a smaller space with a smaller battery. 5% more than its predecessor would be even better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance