04-13-2015 12:31 PM
61 123
tools
    Just read about this over XDA forum, so all credits to the user xdafann over there.

Test du Samsung Galaxy S6 sous Android 5.0 Lollipop - Geeks and Com'

If you understand French then you can enjoy it completely, if not skip to the Battery test graphic and you'll see for yourself.

It seems that this one is a Canadian Version, according to other user it seems that the GSM review was from a device from another market.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    03-15-2015 07:50 PM
    This is where Google Translate is your friend.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-15-2015 07:55 PM
    Definitely reassuring! Shows that no review is conclusive about battery life. All depends on how the phone is used throughout the day.
    I have no worries with this phone at all...can't wait to get it
    03-15-2015 08:03 PM
    I feel like I've ready so many of these post-MWC reviews that I can read this without knowing French
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-15-2015 08:03 PM
    Just finished reading it. This reviewer was very impressed with it. The only real negative thing he had to say about the phone was the speakers. I'm looking forward to testing this phone out when it comes out.

03-15-2015 08:08 PM
    Grrrrr why can't the battery just be tragically bad so I can order the M9 and get on with my sorry *** life
    leanneleg likes this.
    03-15-2015 08:14 PM
    Too bad a translation is not available. My French is a little rusty.
    03-15-2015 08:16 PM
    Grrrrr why can't the battery just be tragically bad so I can order the M9 and get on with my sorry *** life
    lol huh?
    03-15-2015 08:17 PM
    Too bad a translation is not available. My French is a little rusty.
    U can use this: https://translate.google.com/
    03-15-2015 08:18 PM
    lol huh?
    The decision between the two phones is so close for me it's almost down to which has the better battery life... (I'm not a huge camera user)
    03-15-2015 08:20 PM
    The decision between the two phones is so close for me it's almost down to which has the better battery life... (I'm not a huge camera user)
    Wireless charging, fast charging, Samsung Pay, and amazing benchmark scores doesn't help you with that decision?
    Inders99 and leanneleg like this.
    03-15-2015 08:23 PM
    M9 is cheaper
    I prefer metal cases
    I like the dot case
    I like the m9 speakers
    M9 has fast charging
    Benchmark scores don't mean too much as I'd rather see a proper in use real time speed test such as PhoneBuff do
    I don't like touchwizz but I do like Sense

I do like Samsung pay though, and that screen is amazing

I know you will disagree with a lot of my rationale, but I feel like neither of our arguments can be backed up until the reputable reviews on final units are published.

I guess my love for the S6 edge is lust, but HTC is love
    03-15-2015 08:29 PM
    Open the page in Chrome, scroll to the bottom, and use the translate feature.
    03-15-2015 08:33 PM
    https://translate.googleusercontent....er8ImpQRJuHlSw

Translated link for the lazy like me. Needless to say, this has me very excited. Obviously this contradicts Gsmarena and any other reports so you have to take it with a grain of salt, but then again their S5 usage numbers seen about right. Gsmarena saying phones have 10+ hours of usage in Web browsing is not that helpful. I don't know anybody with a phone that gets 10 hours of SOT. Most people get between 4-6 hours where the 6 hours are phablets. If this 8.5 is anywhere near accurate than this phone will destroy the rest of the market. Personally, I'd be ecstatic with, 5-6 hours of SOT. It's the, 4 hour estimates I've been hearing elsewhere that make me worried.

Can anyone find their ratings for other phones? Would be interested to see how accurately these translate on other phones.
    03-15-2015 08:39 PM
    All that you need to see

New French written review shows almost double the battery life than the S5-samsung-galaxy-s5-batpvskb.jpg
    03-15-2015 08:44 PM
    M9 is cheaper
    I prefer metal cases
    I like the dot case
    I like the m9 speakers
    M9 has fast charging
    Benchmark scores don't mean too much as I'd rather see a proper in use real time speed test such as PhoneBuff do

I know you will disagree with a lot of my rationale, but I feel like neither of our arguments can be backed up until the reputable reviews on final units are published.

Cheaper not necessarily better. You get what you pay for.

GS6 all metal uni-body.

Speaker re-positioned to the back with machine drilled holes not a grill with louder volume and base response. I use earbuds to listen to music and the sound is great.

GS6 has rapid charging and dual wireless charging standards.

GS6 has QHD display that is energy efficient. Don't think M9 has QHD.

GS6 has NFC and MST mobile payment formats.

GS6 has DDR4 RAM.

Point is Samsung took bold steps forwards where as the M9, no offense, appears to be an incremental update of the M8. Getting accustomed to TouchWiz which is slimed down should be easy for you.
    03-15-2015 08:47 PM
    M9 is cheaper
    I prefer metal cases
    I like the dot case
    I like the m9 speakers
    M9 has fast charging

Seems like the M9 is more for you
    I understand though. I think both phones have their pros and cons. I can surely say that front facing speakers are awesome as I have the Xperia Z3 right now. It all depends on what each user prefers. I know for me camera is probably one of my #1 needed things to be good. One of the main reasons Im choosing the S6
    03-15-2015 08:49 PM
    Seems like the M9 is more for you
    I understand though. I think both phones have their pros and cons. I can surely say that front facing speakers are awesome as I have the Xperia Z3 right now. It all depends on what each user prefers. I know for me camera is probably one of my #1 needed things to be good. One of the main reasons Im choosing the S6
    I'm with this. While I agree the M9 is an excellent phone, the pros and con's of each still push me more towards the S6 mainly because:
    - camera is important to me, more realized coming from the lumia 920/1020 and now using Nexus 5.

- speakers aren't very important to me, if I listen to audio on my phone its generally through Bluetooth speakers or my car via aux.

- the screen... The glorious quad HD

- bezel size, I prefer the smaller design of S6 while I personally find the M8 had way too much bezel and space taken up with the HTC black bar.

- wireless charging

I really do love the theme creator in sense 7, excellent feature that looks awesome

03-15-2015 09:37 PM
    When I try opening the link it says the account has been suspended.... and I don't have to know French to get that

03-15-2015 09:42 PM
    All that you need to see

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samsung-galaxy-s5-batpvskb.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	167023
    That's a pretty dramatic difference.
    03-15-2015 09:54 PM
    I'm with this. While I agree the M9 is an excellent phone, the pros and con's of each still push me more towards the S6 mainly because:
    - camera is important to me, more realized coming from the lumia 920/1020 and now using Nexus 5.

- speakers aren't very important to me, if I listen to audio on my phone its generally through Bluetooth speakers or my car via aux.

- the screen... The glorious quad HD

- bezel size, I prefer the smaller design of S6 while I personally find the M8 had way too much bezel and space taken up with the HTC black bar.

- wireless charging

I really do love the theme creator in sense 7, excellent feature that looks awesome

The hands on testing that you do between the two devices is the true test.
    03-15-2015 09:56 PM
    Geeksbench is a CPU stress test, I would not be surprised 14nm exynos octa outperform a 20nm quad cpu in s5 in battery efficiency. This does show the remarkable cpu energy improvement in s6.

The battery life from this test can be very different from task-oriented rundown test. You can check anandtech review on s5 to see this.
    03-15-2015 11:17 PM
    Geeksbench is a CPU stress test, I would not be surprised 14nm exynos octa outperform a 20nm quad cpu in s5 in battery efficiency. This does show the remarkable cpu energy improvement in s6.

The battery life from this test can be very different from task-oriented rundown test. You can check anandtech review on s5 to see this.
    Is there an anandtech review available for GS6 yet?
    03-16-2015 05:48 AM
    I feel like the reviews for both phones will start to come in this week
    03-16-2015 06:17 AM
    know for me camera is probably one of my #1 needed things to be good. One of the main reasons Im choosing the S6
    While it's not my #1, it's important to me. The double tap on the home button from even from the lock screen is a big deal. I was skiing this weekend and what a PITA to take a pic with my clunker GS3. Opportunities are missed for sure the old way and this feature is very welcome...not to mention all the other factors.
    03-16-2015 06:49 AM
61 123