10 essential accessories for the Galaxy S6.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
So is Quick Charge 2.0 the tech needed for the quick charging in the S6? There are many cheaper products if that is the case. I just don't know if they use a different format.

For some reason I thought the Quick Charge 2.0 was a Qualcomm standard and would be different on the Exynos processor.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wireless car charging dock. Quick wall charger. Quick car charger if the wireless dock isn't available.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So is Quick Charge 2.0 the tech needed for the quick charging in the S6? There are many cheaper products if that is the case. I just don't know if they use a different format.

For some reason I thought the Quick Charge 2.0 was a Qualcomm standard and would be different on the Exynos processor.
They're just licensing the technology and calling it fast adaptive charging I believe. I would like a Qi car charger but it's too slow. I think I'll go for a Quick Charge 2.0 car charger instead.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
They're just licensing the technology and calling it fast adaptive charging I believe. I would like a Qi car charger but it's too slow. I think I'll go for a Quick Charge 2.0 car charger instead.

So Quick Charge 2.0 chargers work exactly like the quick charger that comes with the s6?

Unless I can get a definitive answer somewhere, I'll probably wait until I get the phone before I pick up any accessories.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So Quick Charge 2.0 chargers work exactly like the quick charger that comes with the s6?

Unless I can get a definitive answer somewhere, I'll probably wait until I get the phone before I pick up any accessories.

There's no reason at this point to think any differently. No harm in waiting in any event.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Yep. They're all based on Quick Charge 2.0 by Qualcomm. That's why the Note 4 can use any QC 2.0 chargers too. If you don't believe it though, waiting won't hurt.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
When you use a quick charge adapter, is there a different icon on the phone to show that quick charge is being used? I'm just wondering if I buy a quick charger, can I verify that it is actually working based on a quick look.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
When you use a quick charge adapter, is there a different icon on the phone to show that quick charge is being used? I'm just wondering if I buy a quick charger, can I verify that it is actually working based on a quick look.

I use it with my Turbo and I do get a message across the screen of "Turbo charger detected". Obviously if I don't use the quick charger I don't get the message. I'm sure the others have some sort of icon to show fast charging.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Interesting to note the manual says you cannot use fast charging with the screen on (S6). I didn't see an icon for it nor does the manual mention any special notification and/or symbol when using the fast charging.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Interesting to note the manual says you cannot use fast charging with the screen on (S6). I didn't see an icon for it nor does the manual mention any special notification and/or symbol when using the fast charging.

I'm sure the quick charging is considered safe or else it wouldn't be on the phone, but charging a battery faster is a delicate process. I wouldn't be surprised if they disable the screen or do something just to prevent any issues like people running a GPS while also connected to the quick charger. Sounds dangerous.

I just wonder if when you turn the screen on if it goes to "normal" charging speeds or if it just doesn't let you turn the screen on when it's connected to the turbo charger. Hopefully it's the former.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just wonder if when you turn the screen on if it goes to "normal" charging speeds or if it just doesn't let you turn the screen on when it's connected to the turbo charger. Hopefully it's the former.

The way I read it is if the screen is on, then normal charging. Screen is off - fast charging.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone have to be on for it to work too? I know there was a previous phone (which one it was is escaping me right now) released that couldn't quick charge while powered totally off.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone have to be on for it to work too? I know there was a previous phone (which one it was is escaping me right now) released that couldn't quick charge while powered totally off.

If you have to power off, have to power off.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device