03-21-2015 03:25 PM
30 12
tools

What do you think . Video easier to watch for me. Read the article as well that was posted earlier. Liked his comments on the camera and battery.
    03-18-2015 09:36 PM
    Sounds like good things.

Again, battery life isn't so good.
    03-19-2015 04:40 AM
    Sounds like good things.

Ok. Battery life test results bound to be all,over the place as different test conditions used each time by different tester. Battery life, while somewhat important, shouldn't be the sole factor in a purchase decision or device comparison winner.
    03-19-2015 06:06 AM

Where did you hear that? Maybe I missed something, I thought he said it was pretty good lasting a full day and could stream video for 7-8 hours before running dry. In fact he spent no time on it at all since it didn't seem like much of an issue.
    03-19-2015 07:15 AM
    Battery life, while somewhat important, shouldn't be the sole factor in a purchase decision
    That's a pretty small minded comment. Everyone has different needs. Who are you to say what should or shouldn't be a sole deciding factor of purchase for somebody?
    20blks and Alex_NJ like this.
    03-19-2015 08:51 AM
    Sounds like good things.

Actually he said the battery is "pretty good" and can easily last a full day.
    03-19-2015 09:52 AM
    Actually he said the battery is "pretty good" and can easily last a full day.
    I wouldn't say that was very good, in comparison to the M8, iPhone 6 or Oneplus One
    03-19-2015 11:24 AM
    I wouldn't say that was very good, in comparison to the M8, iPhone 6 or Oneplus One
    I keep missing points in his presentation that you come up with. Where was he talking about the M8, i6, or o+o, or are you interjecting your opinion over his?
    03-19-2015 12:05 PM
    I keep missing points in his presentation that you come up with. Where was he talking about the M8, i6, or o+o, or are you interjecting your opinion over his?
    I'm basing it on the fact he said "And it lasts just about a full day without charge"

iPhone 6 just about lasts a day, the M8 you can get more than a day, and the O+O you can get 2 days.
    03-19-2015 12:16 PM
    I'm basing it on the fact he said "And it lasts just about a full day without charge"

iPhone 6 just about lasts a day, the M8 you can get more than a day, and the O+O you can get 2 days.
    So how is the S6 not very good in comparison to the iPhone 6? Sounds the same to me.
    03-19-2015 12:34 PM
    about the same, and the iPhone 6 is 6 months older. And the M8 is far superior and that's 12 months older
    03-19-2015 12:37 PM
    I'm more then happy if I can pull it off the plug in the morning and it lasts me until I got to bed. My M8 could a day and a half if I pushed it, but there was never any reason to do that when I could just plug it in every night. With the GPS/always awake bug in 4.4.4 though I barely get about 6 hours before it's dead. My One X would make it just fine though the day as well with normal/moderate use and I'd just plug it up every night. Never harmed or degraded the battery life of either phone to charge it night either, both kept working fine.

If people want phones that last 2 or more days on a single change then the S6 won't be for them, and I don't imagine that's a massive market, but saying all day battery life is poor or bad is bit much. I don't imagine there would be too many complaints from your average consumer about having to charge their phone while they sleep.

With QuadHD, a host of other brand new technology stuck in it, and a smaller battery I'd say Samsung did quite well if it's at least all day battery life. Everybody's mileage varies though, that's why there are a million different options for Android phones. Something for everyone.
    20blks likes this.
    03-19-2015 12:51 PM
    I just think that things can happen that you don't anticipate.

You are at work out the office all day, you have a train journey and watch some youtube vids, whatsapp, send emails etc.

Then your working day ends and your friends ask if you fancy a beer, you go to the bar, one thing leads to another you end up going to a nightclub. It hits 2am and you'd like to call a taxi and suddenly you have no battery life left...
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    03-19-2015 12:55 PM
    I'm more then happy if I can pull it off the plug in the morning and it lasts me until I got to bed. My M8 could a day and a half if I pushed it, but there was never any reason to do that when I could just plug it in every night. With the GPS/always awake bug in 4.4.4 though I barely get about 6 hours before it's dead. My One X would make it just fine though the day as well with normal/moderate use and I'd just plug it up every night. Never harmed or degraded the battery life of either phone to charge it night either, both kept working fine.

If people want phones that last 2 or more days on a single change then the S6 won't be for them, and I don't imagine that's a massive market, but saying all day battery life is poor or bad is bit much. I don't imagine there would be too many complaints from your average consumer about having to charge their phone while they sleep.

With QuadHD, a host of other brand new technology stuck in it, and a smaller battery I'd say Samsung did quite well if it's at least all day battery life. Everybody's mileage varies though, that's why there are a million different options for Android phones. Something for everyone.
    I have never had a smartphone that lasted me all day. Don't see how people can do it. Even back in the old BlackBerry days, I would get the extended batteries. Note 3 -- Nope. Now on the Note 3 I did have the ZL 10000mah monster on it. That in fact did last me a whole day. It also pulled my pants off when in pocket.

With that said, I expect the S6 to be no worse than any smartphone I've used in the past. If I want to extend it I guess it's a Mophie-like case. What else ya gonna do?
    03-19-2015 01:00 PM
    What else ya gonna do?
    Get an O+O or M9?
    03-19-2015 01:05 PM

He said "the phone can happily last a full day and even stream video for a solid 7-8 hours before the battery runs dry". Pretty good review IMO. Not sure if we're watching the same video.

Anyway it's all junk until real world feedback. But I don't bury my head in these devices like some do so I'm thinking it'll be fine for me.
    03-19-2015 01:16 PM
    Get an O+O or M9?
    Funny you asked that as I just less than a minute ago ordered this....
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S6 Recombu Review-1426789198126.jpg  
    03-19-2015 01:20 PM
    It's just so damn big
    03-19-2015 01:26 PM

I think that's quite controversial on M8. That would depend on how it's used and what OS update. I saw many complaints on M8 battery life less than a day too. It seems like M9 would be quite worse than M8 unless Qualcomm does something about 810 chip and HTC swaps it free with warranty.
    03-19-2015 01:31 PM
    I think that's quite controversial on M8. That would depend on how it's used and what OS update. I saw many complaints on M8 battery life less than a day too. It seems like M9 would be quite worse than M8 unless Qualcomm does something about 810 chip and HTC swaps it free with warranty.
    My M8 won't make it though the workday, even with ultra power save mode kicking in at 10% it still drops like a rock; though that's more an AT&T jacked up the software thing then the phone is messed up thing. If the S6 can get me past 4 in the afternoon without needing a charge that's a heck of an improvement for me at this point.
    03-19-2015 01:45 PM
    Is this really supposed to be more convenient than a swappable battery?
    03-19-2015 02:20 PM
    When there isn't one, sure.

I think there should be a sub-forum for people to post when they want to reiterate that there isn't a battery that is easily swapped or an SD card.
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-19-2015 02:23 PM
    Get an O+O or M9?
    You have no idea how well the M9 battery will perform. The only published review from tweakers.net shows some very poor battery life.
    03-19-2015 02:26 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...6789198126.jpg
    I didn't say it would be more convenient ... all I said was that I have never owned a smartphone with a battery that would last me an entire day.

I could get a Mophie-like case, but because the S6 (and the Edge) is so freaking beautiful and sexy, I decided to get a battery pack and call it a day. I mean, what are the options? O+O is not for VZW, the M9 is probably going to have a camera that is sub par, and the iPhone is ugly.

I just don't see what else I can do other than get this thing. It'll be different, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Don't you see that I must have this S6? Can't you see that I am obsessed? Don't you realize that I'm going to make the juice in that little 2600mah battery disappear faster than Oprah eats a ham sandwich? This is what it has come to, for me. Until there is some breakthrough in battery tech, this will have to suffice.
    03-19-2015 03:07 PM
    Don't you see that I must have this S6? Can't you see that I am obsessed? Don't you realize that I'm going to make the juice in that little 2600mah battery disappear faster than Oprah eats a ham sandwich? This is what it has come to, for me. Until there is some breakthrough in battery tech, this will have to suffice.
    Lol, we're all obsessed, we must be obsessed in order to keep talking about a phone when every single outcome of any thread is either "well thats just your personal preference/the way you use your phone" or "well will just have to wait for the user reviews"
    03-19-2015 03:19 PM
30 12