Android Authority Review: Samsung S6

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Being about S5 battery life is not bad because that phone has above average battery life. It had great battery life with KitKat.

I'm curious where M9 would stand from M8. Strangely I don't see any reviews on M9 other than brief hands-on from MWC though it's closer to launch than S6.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Being about S5 battery life is not bad because that phone has above average battery life. It had great battery life with KitKat.

I'm curious where M9 would stand from M8. Strangely I don't see any reviews on M9 other than hand hands-on from MWC though it's closer to launch than S6.

Yeah, he said at the very end it will be in the next few days

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
If it can last as long as the S5 (probably longer after final software is released), I'm more than okay with that. Especially if I can throw it on the charger for 10 minutes and gain 10-20% back. This phone looks awesome. The display, design, speed, and camera are world-beating.

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
"Finally when it comes to the battery, the Galaxy S6 packs a relatively small 2,550 mAh battery, and, on top of the fact that the battery is now not replaceable, it’s quite easy to dismiss the battery life as subpar. What I haven’t mentioned in the performance section is the processor being fabricated with a 14 nm process. Moving down to 14 nm basically means that data is transmitted across a smaller distance, which should lead to better power consumption. With this said, I found that battery life remains in line with the Galaxy S5, rather than get better than before.

As such, the Galaxy S6 battery performs just about how you would expect. A bit over a full day of work for the typical user, with the power user probably having to rely on the power saving modes and the occasional connection to a fast charger. To say that it’s a bummer the Galaxy S6 isn’t an overachiever in the battery life department is unfortunate, but the fact that it is an average performer at best is something we, quite frankly, expected.

Wireless charging is also available with the Galaxy S6 now, and the best part being is that the S6 is compatible with the two major wireless charging standards currently available."

I'm sold! Man the wait for this phone is killing me!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
That's the most professional phone review I've seen in ages. Great job being so thorough

apparently professionals don't do professional battery test anymore. Everybody is now "feeling" it, as if one body's feel is so applicable for everybody.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
That's the only true test ..Hands on daily use
Lol, that's not "your hands" on. it means next to nothing for anybody not named android authority writer.

Thanks, but no thanks, I will take test reviews from gsmarena, ars and anandtech over these vague feelings any day of the week.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it has power saving mode that can be set to kick in at several % levels you choose. That's nice feature. On S5 you can only turn it on/off.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol, that's not "your hands" on. it means next to nothing for anybody not named android authority writer.

Thanks, but no thanks, I will take test reviews from gsmarena, ars and anandtech over these vague feelings any day of the week.

I'm talking about your hands

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
After seeing the latest prices in the UK, and the fact the green isn't available in the UK. I will be going for the M9 unless it gets ruined in the reviews. I simply can't afford the S6 edge :(