Android Authority Review: Samsung S6

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the Turbo on Verizon but I hated that camera. I opted for the Nexus 6 on AT&T. I concede my argument. The S6 is a great phone for the average consumer and I hope you guys enjoy it. I'll personally be looking out for a phone with a bigger battery. The S6 Active announcement caught my eye because of its rumored massive 3500 mAh battery and its durability.

I keep forgetting that we all have our likes and instead of tearing each apart other over the differences, we should all be celebrating that we're on Android and not Apple.

Yeah I've been really thinking about the Turbo because of great battery life and good (not great) specs everywhere else. But I'm recently finding the talk about the camera issues and it's making it a deal breaker from me. Too bad. I currently have an S3 with a 4200 mAh battery on the back and at times I can kill it in a day.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've been really thinking about the Turbo because of great battery life and good (not great) specs everywhere else. But I'm recently finding the talk about the camera issues and it's making it a deal breaker from me. Too bad. I currently have an S3 with a 4200 mAh battery on the back and at times I can kill it in a day.

Get a GS6 and a power bank so that you can fill your upcoming event.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll personally be looking out for a phone with a bigger battery. The S6 Active announcement caught my eye because of its rumored massive 3500 mAh battery and its durability.

I was thinking about that but the Active line tends to be AT&T only, and I'm on T-mobile. No word on T-mobile getting an Active version.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about that but the Active line tends to be AT&T only, and I'm on T-mobile. No word on T-mobile getting an Active version.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.
You could switch. Come over to the Dark Side. Come over to AT&T. ...and get the cool phones.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You could switch. Come over to the Dark Side. Come over to AT&T. ...and get the cool phones.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒??????

Unfortunately, while AT&T's coverage at my home is slightly better than T-Mobile's (Verizon and Sprint are both worse) it's still not good enough to have a reliable indoor signal. Which makes T-Mobile's WiFi calling essential to me.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
M9 reviews are flowing in and it seems it took pretty bad hit from M8 on battery life. GSMreana, Phonearena, Anandtech are all saying that.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
He stepped down a few days ago.

Not sure what this has to do with the AA review for the GS6 but the AA and the PhoneArena say its a good device that missed on the display and the camera. They were also pretty brutal on the battery as well. This news makes me feel more confident in my decision to get the GS6.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed that AA gave the GS6 a 9.0 rating vs the M9 rating of 8.5. PhoneArena rated the M9 an 8.3. makes you wonder where PhoneArena will rate the GS6 in their review that I am hoping will be out this week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance