Really want to read what your experience was no matter how short it may have been. Please try to include everything you got to try on the device.
    Thanks much!
    03-20-2015 02:04 PM
    I played with both the S6 and the S6 Edge.

Here's a couple key takeaways:

- Camera is blazing fast

- No hints of lag in the ui and feels extremely fluid.

- The screen is beautiful, brightness is very high, colours appear vibrant and it is generally on par or better than the Note 4.

- The fingerprint scanner is extremely quick and accurate, setup takes a couple minutes and allows you to store multiple fingers. Attempting to fool the fingerprint scanner resulted in maybe 3-4 fails out of a test of close to 30. In day to day use, the fingerprint scanner should be extremely accurate.

- The speaker sounds good and seems to be noticeably louder than the S5. Out of the 3 songs I tested, the S6 was louder than the S5 in all 3. The placement of the speaker is a million times better than the S5's back placement.

- The build quality is really premium and solid feeling and the S6 is extremely comfortable in hand. The edge is a different story, the surrounding aluminum band is sharp feeling and narrow. The S6 Edge doesn't provide you with a sense of confidence in your grip on the device.

I'll add more to this when I get some more time.

Here's some pictures I took.
    http://i.imgur.com/RtlJrzb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xT2nPr8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/A9FeXBY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KeQ1tFr.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    03-20-2015 03:07 PM
    I got to try the s6 today. I'm not used to android at all and tested out the default browser.

I loaded up the theverge.com and scrolled up and down. What's up with the phone seeming to have to repaint each section as I swipe up and down? It's almost like it unloads a portion of the site when it's not in view, and then has to reload it when you swipe back to that section. Coming from an iPhone user it was weird and annoying.
    03-21-2015 05:05 PM
    I got to try the s6 today. I'm not used to android at all and tested out the default browser.

I loaded up the theverge.com and scrolled up and down. What's up with the phone seeming to have to repaint each section as I swipe up and down? It's almost like it unloads a portion of the site when it's not in view, and then has to reload it when you swipe back to that section. Coming from an iPhone user it was weird and annoying.
    Did you let the page fully load? Did you try other sites? The Verge uses lots of graphics and background images on their site that have to load fully to look right.
    03-22-2015 07:11 AM
    Did you let the page fully load? Did you try other sites? The Verge uses lots of graphics and background images on their site that have to load fully to look right.
    Yes the page was fully loaded. It's the one site I test on all devices just to see performance and scroll smoothness. I didn't get to install any other browser though (will probably use Chrome if i end up buying the s6 or wait for iPhone 6s).

But the repainting of the site as I swiped up and down was weird. Once the full page is loaded I would scroll down a bit. Then I would scroll up to get parts of the page I've already seen back in the viewport. When this happens though, the parts of the site I've already seen are initially just completely white, and it takes like a split second for the phone to display what's supposed to be in those sections again.

I'll try to get a video next time. This does not happen on my iphone 5.
    03-22-2015 07:29 AM

It must be the browser... I use Chrome and it doesn't happen... Hopefully a software update will fix that because it's pre-release software now
    03-22-2015 07:31 AM
    Yes the page was fully loaded. It's the one site I test on all devices just to see performance and scroll smoothness. I didn't get to install any other browser though (will probably use Chrome if i end up buying the s6 or wait for iPhone 6s).

But the repainting of the site as I swiped up and down was weird. Once the full page is loaded I would scroll down a bit. Then I would scroll up to get parts of the page I've already seen back in the viewport. When this happens though, the parts of the site I've already seen are initially just completely white, and it takes like a split second for the phone to display what's supposed to be in those sections again.

I'll try to get a video next time. This does not happen on my iphone 5.
    Interesting, I can't recall having seen that happen on any of my previous phones. I'll have to try one out.
    03-22-2015 07:32 AM

Only one display model? try a different one?
    03-22-2015 08:51 AM
    I played with both the S6 and the S6 Edge.

Here's a couple key takeaways:

- Camera is blazing fast

- No hints of lag in the ui and feels extremely fluid.

- The screen is beautiful, brightness is very high, colours appear vibrant and it is generally on par or better than the Note 4.

- The fingerprint scanner is extremely quick and accurate, setup takes a couple minutes and allows you to store multiple fingers. Attempting to fool the fingerprint scanner resulted in maybe 3-4 fails out of a test of close to 30. In day to day use, the fingerprint scanner should be extremely accurate.

- The speaker sounds good and seems to be noticeably louder than the S5. Out of the 3 songs I tested, the S6 was louder than the S5 in all 3. The placement of the speaker is a million times better than the S5's back placement.

- The build quality is really premium and solid feeling and the S6 is extremely comfortable in hand. The edge is a different story, the surrounding aluminum band is sharp feeling and narrow. The S6 Edge doesn't provide you with a sense of confidence in your grip on the device.

I'll add more to this when I get some more time.

Here's some pictures I took.
    http://i.imgur.com/RtlJrzb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xT2nPr8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/A9FeXBY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KeQ1tFr.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    What store were you able to try it at?
    03-22-2015 09:06 AM
    I had the chance to play with the S6 a few days ago which I posted about in another thread. I tried out the default browser and had no experience as was stated above. Now, I didn't go to The Verge but I did go to CNN and a few other sites that had long front pages. I did that to see how fast the S6 would scroll and if there would be any lag or stutter when scrolling. I reported that there was no lag or stutter. I didn't talk about pages re-drawing because I didn't see of any of that issue at all. I just talked about how fast the S6 would scroll and how fast the site pages would draw.

I can't comment on why that would happen on The Verge and not elsewhere but I can't think of any reason why it would. I can tell you that I saw none of that on the unit that I was able to try out.
    03-22-2015 10:43 AM
    I had the chance to play with the S6 a few days ago which I posted about in another thread. I tried out the default browser and had no experience as was stated above. Now, I didn't go to The Verge but I did go to CNN and a few other sites that had long front pages. I did that to see how fast the S6 would scroll and if there would be any lag or stutter when scrolling. I reported that there was no lag or stutter. I didn't talk about pages re-drawing because I didn't see of any of that issue at all. I just talked about how fast the S6 would scroll and how fast the site pages would draw.

I can't comment on why that would happen on The Verge and not elsewhere but I can't think of any reason why it would. I can tell you that I saw none of that on the unit that I was able to try out.
    i never said it didnt happen elsewhere. i just didnt really try another site as theverge is my main test site to use. i'll record it next time.
    03-22-2015 11:55 AM
    i never said it didnt happen elsewhere. i just didnt really try another site as theverge is my main test site to use. i'll record it next time.
    Don't know either but I saw a cool trailer for MI5.
    03-22-2015 12:28 PM
    To me, it doesn't look any more premium than an S5
    03-22-2015 12:41 PM
    Our Samsung rep brought one to our store the other day and I got some hands on time with it!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2015 12:41 PM
    Our Samsung rep brought one to our store the other day and I got some hands on time with it!

Another 11Six fan. And?
    redrooster13 likes this.
    03-22-2015 12:45 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/A9FeXBY.jpg
    Admittedly, very design change to the front but look at the sides and back. More design language changes on the sides and a change to the back. Aluminum chassis and glass with no plastic and faux metal edges not enough? Admittedly, Samsung could done more,to overhaul it's design language but if you think the sd card and swappable battery caused a furor. My guess that design language was more subtle so as not to avoid angering more of the fan base. I suspect Project Zero Plus will hopefully have more improvements and design language changes.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    03-22-2015 12:51 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/A9FeXBY.jpg
    Admittedly, very design change to the front but look at the sides and back. More design language changes on the sides and a change to the back. Aluminum chassis and glass with no plastic and faux metal edges not enough? Admittedly, Samsung could done more,to overhaul it's design language but if you think the sd card and swappable battery caused a furor. My guess that design language was more subtle so as not to avoid angering more of the fan base. I suspect Project Zero Plus will hopefully have more improvements and design language changes.

Duplicate post. Apologies. Not sure how it happened.
    03-22-2015 12:52 PM
    I really liked it! Currently I have the m8, but I'm liking what I'm seeing with the s6. It was very responsive and the lollipop design was implemented much better in this version of touchwiz than it was on the note 4. I mostly held it in the clear case he had it in, so couldn't get a good idea for the in hand feel.

03-25-2015 10:32 AM