Galaxy S6 vs Note 4?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If screen size isn't a deal breaker (I tried the Note 2 and have it up for being too big) then consider the Note 4 for:

Swappable battery
microSD expansion

Consider the S6 if you'd rather have:
Better fingerprint sensor
Dual Wireless charging

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I went to Samsung showroom, I tried both Note 4 and Note Edge, Note Edge is undoubtedly better for one handed use as you have phone,messages...shortcuts on the edge. The screen on both devices is sooooooo gorgeous! it put to shame my HTC M8.
The thing is that I have astigmatism (slightly blurry near sighted) and Note 4 is looking like the better choice for screen size compared to S6, BUT I think it's heavy and bulky for sports

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a Note 4 Black 32GB. My first note. From the camera pic comparison I've seen, it takes the best photos with more detail than the S6 and I can't imagine using such a small battery like the S6 has

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's why I'm looking at the Lifeproof stuff. Looks to be about the thinnest and least bulky of the high protection cases out there.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Then, you definitely don't want Ballistic cases as they are as bulky as the Otterbox. Bulk, however, is relative.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a Note 4 Black 32GB. My first note. From the camera pic comparison I've seen, it takes the best photos with more detail than the S6 and I can't imagine using such a small battery like the S6 has

Great. Glad we were able to help you make your choice. The camera was your priority but I really believe that low light pictures and videos will be better with the GS6. I, on the other hand, am looking for more than a camera which has a phone attached to it. Let us know how it works out for you. You may find that you have buyers remorse if you spend more time in this forum.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Any info on Battery Life of S6/Edge :

Note 4 -

Battery

Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours)
Up to 11

Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours)
Up to 10

Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours)
Up to 13

Video Playback Time (Hours)
Up to 12

Standard Battery Capacity (mAh)

Audio Playback Time (Hours)
Up to 57

Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours)
Up to 20

robertc88

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 is wonky on Lollipop. I know folks who went back to KitKat because of it. If that is not of concern to you then by all means I would recommend the Note 4.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I went to Samsung showroom, I tried both Note 4 and Note Edge, Note Edge is undoubtedly better for one handed use as you have phone,messages...shortcuts on the edge. The screen on both devices is sooooooo gorgeous! it put to shame my HTC M8.
The thing is that I have astigmatism (slightly blurry near sighted) and Note 4 is looking like the better choice for screen size compared to S6, BUT I think it's heavy and bulky for sports

yeah, both are top notch products, with obvious differences. It may be best to get paws on them and see which one works better for you.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah, both are top notch products, with obvious differences. It may be best to get paws on them and see which one works better for you.

I am glad that the GS6 did retain is screen size which is perfect for me. I believe that any larger and it would just be a Note variant with a Galaxy badge harming both brands.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is wonky on Lollipop. I know folks who went back to KitKat because of it. If that is not of concern to you then by all means I would recommend the Note 4.
Well I'm on Kitkat 4.4.4 that's the latest update my phone says. I won't jump on the lollipop bandwagon now due to the horror stores I read in the lollipop thread like bad connection (possibly a bad radio file) or huge lag. I'll maybe upgrade after the initial lollipop update when the issues are ironed out or might not upgrade altogether depending on the feedback.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm on Kitkat 4.4.4 that's the latest update my phone says. I won't jump on the lollipop bandwagon now due to the horror stores I read in the lollipop thread like bad connection (possibly a bad radio file) or huge lag. I'll maybe upgrade after the initial lollipop update when the issues are ironed out or might not upgrade altogether depending on the feedback.

Are you talking about 5.1? Are you sure that it was an earlier version of Lollipop 5.01 or 5.02?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
the Note 4 is already outdated... it's been out for several months and the Note 5 will be here before the turkey time.

the S6 is the current Samsung flagship.... but Note 5 will take over that position in less than 6 months. another 6 months later, the S7 will become the flagship again....

It's a vicious cycle but the GN4 is still a great device. The GS4 is out of date.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Nop!
Note 4 is still the phablet flagship from Samsung, S6 is a phone flagship, it's 2 different leagues.
Note 5 won't be out before 7 months (not 7 days) and will cost much higher than actual Note 4 price, btw one of the big advantage of Note 4 is the price vs S6 Edge 64gb which will be in the 1000$. I just acknowledged that we can use S6 theme installer now :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nop!
Note 4 is still the phablet flagship from Samsung, S6 is a phone flagship, it's 2 different leagues.
Note 5 won't be out before 7 months (not 7 days) and will cost much higher than actual Note 4 price, btw one of the big advantage of Note 4 is the price vs S6 Edge 64gb which will be in the 1000$. I just acknowledged that we can use S6 theme installer now :)

Post some screen shots. Should look awesome. Once there are more in the Play Store, we will have so many customization options,

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Post some screen shots. Should look awesome. Once there are more in the Play Store, we will have so many customization options,

I don't have the Note 4 yet but I saw a youtube video explaining the steps to port the themes installer from S6

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Remember, the version of Lollipop that was released had a memory leak and that will be fixed in the upcoming Lollipop release whenever that is.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Which version is it ? Is there the same issue expected on the GS6?

I just read in a Forbes article that Google has finally identified the cause of the memory leak and it will be fixed in 5.1.1. That's not to say those with OEM skins - like TouchWiz or Sense - won't fix the issue in their builds sooner if they know the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech