Galaxy S6 vs Note 4?

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Which phone shall I get? I like the size of the S6 / S6 Edge but the Note 4's large battery and better camera in capturing details is tempting. I am so confused

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yep me too I am lost in case the HTC M9 is confirmed to have a bad camera.
Note 4 is already cheap and will be even more when the S6 will be out, it has a big and crisp superb 5.7'' screen and perhaps the best camera for daylight photos, though the S6 is of course better for one handed usage and way lighter for sports usage too

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Which phone shall I get? I like the size of the S6 / S6 Edge but the Note 4's large battery and better camera in capturing details is tempting. I am so confused

I say the S6 for these reasons:
- Better camera software especially in low light conditions
- Built in wireless charging
- size is better for one handed use
- toned down TW

Unless you absolutely need the S pen features or removable battery I say the S6 is a better choice IMO

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I actually was very eager to get the M9, bigger battery, SD Card slot, but then I saw the reviews of the camera and despite it being 20 MP, even my BlackBerry Classic with 8 MP camera takes sharper and more vivid photos

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 is already cheap and will be even more when the S6 will be out, it has a big and crisp superb 5.7'' screen and perhaps the best camera for daylight photos, though the S6 is of course better for one handed usage and way lighter for sports usage too

Based on what what I have seen so far, the S6 is better then the note4 even in daylight.

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at my hands on thread in this forum. Given what we know so far, if you don't need the screen real estate and the s pen, the GS6 may be for you.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a 2014 Moto X and loved everything about it except the battery. I didn't wait and opted for the Note 4. I didn't want to have any worry / concern about the battery. I'm sure the S6 battery will be decent, but I'm getting the feeling it will be like my Moto X, where I was able to get through the day off the charger more often then not, but if I needed to be out later then I would always need to boost up at some point through the day. I didn't want to worry about that, and with Note 4 I don't. I'm also digging the screen size too.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
That's the thing about size.
There's actually a thread in the S5 forum asking if the S5 is the perfect size.
Many posts by those who have used the smaller iPhone and the larger Note series.
Most are saying it's the perfect size.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the battery size of the Note 4...but I can't think of ever using such a big phone, much prefer 5-5.2" screen. S6 is what I'm going with due to size, if that didn't matter I'd probably get a note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Many posts by those who have used the smaller iPhone and the larger Note series.

The problem with having a "perfect sized" phone is that it becomes less than perfect when putting a case on it. Particularly if it's one of the bulkier cases.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
The problem with having a "perfect sized" phone is that it becomes less than perfect when putting a case on it. Particularly if it's one of the bulkier cases.

That's why I'm thinking of stepping down from the Note series. I use my Note2 without a case. I'm thinking the S5/S6 with a case might fit me better.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh man....I have had a Defender cases and I am a big guy. No issues putting the phone in my pocket. It does add bulk but the trade off is a pristine device free of dings and cracks. No cracked or scratched camera bezel.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

I think its the perfect size which is why im glad Samsung kept the same size for the S6. I tried the Note 4 but it was too big for me, especially when i put a case on it. The S6 size is great because it's bigger than my iPhone 6 but smaller than the Note. Its right in the middle which I love.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Note4 for me. I could do with a larger screen and expandable storage. I'm getting to grips with Lollipop on my S5 so when the Note4 gets it I'll be ready. S pen I can take our leave add I haven't used one before. If I get use out of it then all well and good. If not then no loss there. Inbuilt and expandable memory are important me.

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh man....I have had a Defender cases and I am a big guy. No issues putting the phone in my pocket. It does add bulk but the trade off is a pristine device free of dings and cracks. No cracked or scratched camera bezel.
Yeah that's why I'm looking at the Lifeproof stuff. Looks to be about the thinnest and least bulky of the high protection cases out there.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.