Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So you went in store and they told you that?

Man that's stupid that they won't break the street date even having it 2 days early.... and that's REALLY stupid that you lose your wireless charger if you decide to switch (i'm not but still I've read people on this forum saying they were thinking about switching)

I'm never doing store pickup from Best Buy again for a preorder

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Congrats! So even their online store is breaking street date but those who ordered for instore pickup get screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful... Guess I'll be in there along with everyone else that just walks in of the street... /sigh. Well at least I get a free charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Wonderful... Guess I'll be in there along with everyone else that just walks in of the street... /sigh. Well at least I get a free charger.

I pre-ordered very early on Mar 27 for home delivery and I haven't seen anything yet either. Called BB and all they could tell me was that delivery guaranteed by April 17th :mad:

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered very early on Mar 27 for home delivery and I haven't seen anything yet either. Called BB and all they could tell me was that delivery guaranteed by April 17th :mad:
WTF 17th no way and forget about wireless charger. Will cancel the order if I not get it by Monday.

briggy79

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Here is a quick first look. Nice that there are no Sprint logos anywhere. Also note that the wireless charger is shipping later. Curious if everyone with in store pickup gets them Friday.

Edge1.jpg

Edge2.jpg

Edge3.jpg

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's why I didn't preorder a S6, because I got burned once (my order didn't get shipped until after the phone was available at the local store). This time, I'm planning to pick one up live at the ATT store on Fri.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

No. Release day is Friday the 10th. Pre orders should get filled on or before release date not a week later.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
No. Release day is Friday the 10th. Pre orders should get filled on or before release date not a week later.

I understand that...but it seems to me that BB is not committing to even ship the phone until the 10th and that with standard shipping it will be there in 5 business days. Obviously hoping for a lot sooner. If it's not at least shipped on friday I will see if I can go to the store to get one.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I understand that...but it seems to me that BB is not committing to even ship the phone until the 10th and that with standard shipping it will be there in 5 business days. Obviously hoping for a lot sooner. If it's not at least shipped on friday I will see if I can go to the store to get one.

Oh you're having them delivery it to your house not the store? Ah ok I guess that might be different. I plan on picking mine up at the store on Thursday, Friday or Sat. The sooner the better :)

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh you're having them delivery it to your house not the store? Ah ok I guess that might be different. I plan on picking mine up at the store on Thursday, Friday or Sat. The sooner the better :)

Yeah, maybe that was a mistake on my part but live and learn. Obviously though many others on his thread have gotten them already but maybe the combination of BB and AT&T is slower for some reason. It's not like I ordered an uncommon version (regular S6 Black 64GB).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but the whole purpose of the pre-order was to guarantee a device on release date.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but the whole purpose of the pre-order was to guarantee a device on release date.

Maybe just me, but I always thought of it as "guarantee a device among the first batch(es) that arrives", not specifically a guarantee of launch day. Granted, that is more from the days when there was more demand than supply, which may or may not be the case here with the S6, as it sounds like there will be plenty of stock on day one. Both times I've pre-ordered through Best Buy, I was specifically told by them that I wasn't guaranteed a device on "launch day".

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My local bb didn't even give me a release date. They just said "we don't have a release date, but we'll email you once we have a firm date". Fortunately, I already knew the date. Which means none of the BB employees lurk sites such as AC. They know nothing about technology.

I can't wait until they go out of business. They haven't anything to remedy the in-store experience. All of the BB stores in my area get bad reviews on yelp for customer service and my visit to preorder proved it. Having the loss prevention person greet you at the isn't good customer service - its a scare tactic.

Posted via the Android Central App

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Did you read that anywhere? Pre-order just means order before it's released. You can pre-order the 128gb or the gold but that just means that.....it was ordered before it was released.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If I don't get my GS6 on Friday, I wont preorder at Best Buy again unless the price or offer is so good that it would stupid to pass up.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If I don't get my GS6 on Friday, I wont preorder at Best Buy again unless the price or offer is so good that it would stupid to pass up.

If you don't get it, just go to your carrier store (JCP I believe you are also on AT&T) and pick one up there. We are not "locked" into purchasing from Best Buy. Seriously, if I get there and it looks like it's going to be a long drawn out process with no end in site, I will go across the street (literally) to the AT&T store and pick my 64GB Black Edge up there :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman