04-14-2015 05:50 PM
628 1234 ...
tools
    Any ideas what the off contract full boat prices will be?
    03-23-2015 11:28 AM
    The Edge not being released until a month later really hurts. I'm dying to get rid of my phone and dying to get this phone and I'm already going back and forth between the regular version or the Edge version. Even though it shouldn't play a factor, having to wait an extra month might be enough for me to lean towards getting the non-edge version.
    Having to wait a month will be a deal breaker for me...I sold my S4 last week in anticipation of getting the S6 or Edge when released in April. I went back and reactivated my original Galaxy S (Fascinate) phone running Android 2.?....it is like going back to the dark ages, so I won't be able to wait for the Edge which is what I thought I really wanted. Having VZW UDP means I have to buy a phone outright, so I am stuck unless I want to buy the S6 and "try"it out for month until the Edge comes out and return the original...

Stinks!!!
    03-23-2015 02:48 PM
    Having to wait a month will be a deal breaker for me...I sold my S4 last week in anticipation of getting the S6 or Edge when released in April. I went back and reactivated my original Galaxy S (Fascinate) phone running Android 2.?....it is like going back to the dark ages, so I won't be able to wait for the Edge which is what I thought I really wanted. Having VZW UDP means I have to buy a phone outright, so I am stuck unless I want to buy the S6 and "try"it out for month until the Edge comes out and return the original...

Stinks!!!
    I'm on Verizon as well and I'm pretty sure you only have 14 days to return the phone for a $35 restocking fee. My Verizon contract is up April 7th and I plan on switching to the Verizon Edge plan after that since I'm on a family plan and the Edge plan will "save" me $25/month.
    03-23-2015 03:08 PM
    Any ideas what the off contract full boat prices will be?

650 for the 32gb
    03-23-2015 05:23 PM
    A lot of manufacturing problems is the cause.

Pricing looks to be

Galaxy s6
    32gb 200
    64gb 250
    128gb 300

Edge will be a 100 on top.

650 for the 32gb
    So, that makes the off contract 64gb $700
    03-23-2015 05:27 PM
    32gb and 64gb black and white and gold.

128gb later on.

Galaxy s6 edge will not be out for another month or so.
    Keep in mind this is BEST BUY. Notice in UK the Edge was launching along-side the regular S6. My guess is carriers will have both models. Perhaps "limited quantities", but it will launch on April 10th. Carriers have to pay Best Buy a pretty penny to sell in their stores, so the more they can sell straight from their own website, the more they will.
    03-23-2015 05:34 PM
    Hit a hitch my purchase plans. Even though I have been with AT&T for 20 years, they are telling me, that even though in the past that they have been more than accommodating in moving up my eligibility date, that I have to call back Friday to make the change in their systems. Then, I have two options. Place the pre-order through them or roll the dice and gamble that Best Buy won't reflect the date change. On hold with Best Buy to verify.
    03-23-2015 07:15 PM
    edit: just heard that its "Gold Platinum"
    03-23-2015 10:00 PM
    Hit a hitch my purchase plans. Even though I have been with AT&T for 20 years, they are telling me, that even though in the past that they have been more than accommodating in moving up my eligibility date, that I have to call back Friday to make the change in their systems. Then, I have two options. Place the pre-order through them or roll the dice and gamble that Best Buy won't reflect the date change. On hold with Best Buy to verify.
    I tried to score a G3 over Christmas and the BB employee said they couldn't honor my early upgrade. They told me I had to go through AT&T. Make sure your T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

How often do they let you upgrade?
    03-23-2015 10:01 PM
    I tried to score a G3 over Christmas and the BB employee said they couldn't honor my early upgrade. They told me I had to go through AT&T. Make sure your T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

How often do they let you upgrade?
    I do the two year contract which is 20 months. Since we have been with them 20 years,they usually move up my eligibility date unless the iPhone is involved. If I have to wait a couple of weeks then no problem.
    03-23-2015 10:12 PM
    Keep in mind this is BEST BUY. Notice in UK the Edge was launching along-side the regular S6. My guess is carriers will have both models. Perhaps "limited quantities", but it will launch on April 10th. Carriers have to pay Best Buy a pretty penny to sell in their stores, so the more they can sell straight from their own website, the more they will.

Major U.S. carriers will not sell Edge at launch.
    03-23-2015 10:24 PM
    I do the two year contract which is 20 months. Since we have been with them 20 years,they usually move up my eligibility date unless the iPhone is involved. If I have to wait a couple of weeks then no problem.
    I've been with AT&T for a while too. They usually let me upgrade once a year. However, I have jump through hoops to get to customer resolutions. The average customer rep doesn't have a certain screen that approves the early upgrade. So, I usually have to ask to be transferred.

How did your call to BB turn out?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 10:35 PM
    I've never really done a preorder for a phone......soooooo...

Do they charge you upfront for the phone? or do they have you put a down payment for the device?

Sorry for the n00b questions

03-23-2015 10:48 PM
    I've never really done a preorder for a phone......soooooo...

Do they charge you upfront for the phone? or do they have you put a down payment for the device?

Sorry for the n00b questions

You just put 50 down
    03-23-2015 10:53 PM
    It's absolutely free from Samsung rep confirmed me
    03-24-2015 12:11 AM
    I've been with AT&T for a while too. They usually let me upgrade once a year. However, I have jump through hoops to get to customer resolutions. The average customer rep doesn't have a certain screen that approves the early upgrade. So, I usually have to ask to be transferred.

How did your call to BB turn out?

After two attempts and being on hold for 40 minutes when automated message says the wait time was 5 to 10 minutes, I gave up.
    03-24-2015 05:11 AM
    Finally, got through to Best Buy. As long as AT&T makes the date change, it should be no problem. The worst, hopefully, is that Best Buy calls AT&T.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-24-2015 08:18 AM
    Finally, got through to Best Buy. As long as AT&T makes the date change, it should be no problem. The worst, hopefully, is that Best Buy calls AT&T.

Good luck. I wish all best buy locations would be that accommodating and not just flat out say 'no, we can't do special circumstances'

03-24-2015 10:23 AM
    Major U.S. carriers will not sell Edge at launch.
    I'll believe that when I see it from the carriers. The US is the 2nd largest smart phone market in the world next to China. Both variants are launching in India at the same time (3rd largest market).
    03-24-2015 11:40 AM
    Good luck. I wish all best buy locations would be that accommodating and not just flat out say 'no, we can't do special circumstances'

Talked to Best Buy Customer Service on the way to the office

03-24-2015 12:05 PM
    Talked to Best Buy Customer Service on the way to the office

Congrats on breaking though the AT&T customer service wall :P I've gotten AT&T to give me early upgrades before I got on Next but it was like moving a few dozen mountains and then having to climb all of them.

I'm curious as to how AT&T Next works at Best Buy. I'm already on next so I'm not 100% sure I'd trust turning in my phone to best buy to give back to AT&T, if you can even do that at Best Buy, but I hate going to AT&T stores for any reason. I just want my new phone, not a 20 minute pitch and 50 different u-verse services.
    verks likes this.
    03-24-2015 12:36 PM
    Congrats on breaking though the AT&T customer service wall :P I've gotten AT&T to give me early upgrades before I got on Next but it was like moving a few dozen mountains and then having to climb all of them.

I'm curious as to how AT&T Next works at Best Buy. I'm already on next so I'm not 100% sure I'd trust turning in my phone to best buy to give back to AT&T, if you can even do that at Best Buy, but I hate going to AT&T stores for any reason. I just want my new phone, not a 20 minute pitch and 50 different u-verse services.
    I would think Next is specific to the carrier as you are essentially paying for a device they own until the end of the term.

03-24-2015 12:57 PM
    I would think Next is specific to the carrier as you are essentially paying for a device they own until the end of the term.

Best Buy's website says you can do/get Next though them, but they don't make any mention of doing an upgrade there if you are already on Next. Oh well, worst case scenario I just have to enjoy the yearly 'u-verse is super awesome!' speech at the AT&T store.
    03-24-2015 02:55 PM
    Best Buy's website says you can do/get Next though them, but they don't make any mention of doing an upgrade there if you are already on Next. Oh well, worst case scenario I just have to enjoy the yearly 'u-verse is super awesome!' speech at the AT&T store.
    That's good for others on Next. I usually change devices often. We have four lines on our account. My wife and Dad could care less about updating frequently so I end up taking one of their upgrades.

03-24-2015 04:28 PM
    I always feel as if I'm getting interrogated for wanting to speak with resolutions.

03-24-2015 04:52 PM
628 1234 ...