Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

Finally, got through to Best Buy. As long as AT&T makes the date change, it should be no problem. The worst, hopefully, is that Best Buy calls AT&T.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Finally, got through to Best Buy. As long as AT&T makes the date change, it should be no problem. The worst, hopefully, is that Best Buy calls AT&T.

Good luck. I wish all best buy locations would be that accommodating and not just flat out say 'no, we can't do special circumstances'

Posted via the Android Central App

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Major U.S. carriers will not sell Edge at launch.

I'll believe that when I see it from the carriers. The US is the 2nd largest smart phone market in the world next to China. Both variants are launching in India at the same time (3rd largest market).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Good luck. I wish all best buy locations would be that accommodating and not just flat out say 'no, we can't do special circumstances'

Talked to Best Buy Customer Service on the way to the office

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Talked to Best Buy Customer Service on the way to the office

Congrats on breaking though the AT&T customer service wall :p I've gotten AT&T to give me early upgrades before I got on Next but it was like moving a few dozen mountains and then having to climb all of them.

I'm curious as to how AT&T Next works at Best Buy. I'm already on next so I'm not 100% sure I'd trust turning in my phone to best buy to give back to AT&T, if you can even do that at Best Buy, but I hate going to AT&T stores for any reason. I just want my new phone, not a 20 minute pitch and 50 different u-verse services.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Congrats on breaking though the AT&T customer service wall :p I've gotten AT&T to give me early upgrades before I got on Next but it was like moving a few dozen mountains and then having to climb all of them.

I'm curious as to how AT&T Next works at Best Buy. I'm already on next so I'm not 100% sure I'd trust turning in my phone to best buy to give back to AT&T, if you can even do that at Best Buy, but I hate going to AT&T stores for any reason. I just want my new phone, not a 20 minute pitch and 50 different u-verse services.

I would think Next is specific to the carrier as you are essentially paying for a device they own until the end of the term.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I would think Next is specific to the carrier as you are essentially paying for a device they own until the end of the term.

Best Buy's website says you can do/get Next though them, but they don't make any mention of doing an upgrade there if you are already on Next. Oh well, worst case scenario I just have to enjoy the yearly 'u-verse is super awesome!' speech at the AT&T store.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Best Buy's website says you can do/get Next though them, but they don't make any mention of doing an upgrade there if you are already on Next. Oh well, worst case scenario I just have to enjoy the yearly 'u-verse is super awesome!' speech at the AT&T store.

That's good for others on Next. I usually change devices often. We have four lines on our account. My wife and Dad could care less about updating frequently so I end up taking one of their upgrades.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I always feel as if I'm getting interrogated for wanting to speak with resolutions.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

I always feel as if I'm getting interrogated for wanting to speak with resolutions.

The last 2 early upgrades I did I didn't even both to call. I did it all though e-mail so I had a paper trail. After a few weeks of wrangling with them over email I'd go to the store and the store would refuse to do the early upgrade without a $200+ fee and I'd go the the BBB so that it routed over to executive escalations and they'd do whatever it is they do and I'd go back to the store and they would begrudgingly do the upgrade. I always had more issues with the stores, they'd refuse to even look at the email from their own company and were often downright rude, then I did with customer service.

It was such a hassle I only ever did it if my phone was dying and I was less then 3 months from an upgrade.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

What's the appeal of buying from best buy? Don't they charge like $50 more than buying direct (off contract) from carrier?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

What's the appeal of buying from best buy? Don't they charge like $50 more than buying direct (off contract) from carrier?

More colors maybe? I'm dying for the platinum color and will probably resort to buy it at some place like BB since Verizon won't offer it until later in the year.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I know you were the guy that was at the Samsung event so I believe what you say. Did Samsung tell you this directly or are you just guessing?

Makes sense. Without the curved glass, the GS6 manufacturing process takes advantage of being easier to manufacture. I wouldn't expect any delay to be too long. Samsung will get a good gauge once US preorders are done of how the Edge is being received.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

They often have sales that make the phone cheaper than buying directly from Verizon. There's also a workaround that allows you to buy on contract and keep unlimited data. Not to mention, they price match so while their off contract price is more expensive, you can still get the same price as at the Verizon stores.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

So, who's heading to Best Buy tomorrow?

I had the chance to hold the demo unit in my hand at the BB mobile store. Its a def a looker.

He did confirm the charging pad, but knew nothing of the case. He said an full fledged best buy store might have something else to go with the charging pad. Can anyone confirm?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Stopped in my local Best Buy on the way home this evening, hoping to see a demo unit, but none available yet. They did confirm the dates listed in the original post above. I was hoping the Verizon might start tomorrow with the others, but they still stated it was April 1 for Verizon.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Stopped in my local Best Buy on the way home this evening, hoping to see a demo unit, but none available yet. They did confirm the dates listed in the original post above. I was hoping the Verizon might start tomorrow with the others, but they still stated it was April 1 for Verizon.

The general mgr was help me and he let me hold it - they had the Demo unit behind counter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary