04-14-2015 05:50 PM
628 ... 23456 ...
tools
    This is what I meant. Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.-uploadfromtaptalk1427476668613.jpgSamsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.-uploadfromtaptalk1427476680359.jpg
    03-27-2015 12:18 PM
    It's better deal now without 2 year contract because at the end you will pay less
    Are you saying that Next is better? Next only works for those changing phones often. At 20 month with approximately $28 per month, you pay $560 for a device you don't own plus your monthly plan charges. At 24 months, that's $672 plus monthly charges. Doubt the 32GB at full price costs that much.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-27-2015 12:40 PM
    OK let's face this way. I am on shared plan and if I upgrade now with two years contract I will be paying upfront $199 + tax + activation fees for new device and on top of that instead paying $15 per month on my line with new contract of two years now I need pay instead $15 new charge is $40. If you not believe go online and check yourself or call AT&T
    03-27-2015 12:45 PM
    So that charge of additional $25 = 24 months total $600 + $199 + activation fee and figure out yourself what is better. Keep in mind I have 4 lines on my account shared plan maybe this is not same on single plan. So either full price pay upfront or next is better unless I missing something. I was in the best buy jus hour ago and after the login to account they just confirmed what I said.
    03-27-2015 12:49 PM
    Are you saying that Next is better? Next only works for those changing phones often. At 20 month with approximately $28 per month, you pay $560 for a device you don't own plus your monthly plan charges. At 24 months, that's $672 plus monthly charges. Doubt the 32GB at full price costs that much.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    I would give example on the iPhone since Galaxy s6 it's not released yet.

Your analysis is fairly good, but it misses a critcal piece of the whole picture.

When a customer upgrades their phone and they are under a Mobile Share plan (the only plans offered to new AT&T customers for the last year, and the plans that many customers switched to starting in early 2014) the customer is going to be paying full price for their talk & text portion of their bill. This means that were a customer is currently paying $15 or $25 (dependign upon their data plan) they will be paying $40 each month, so over the course of a 2 year service contract, the customer will pay up to $600 more in service charges to get the reduced price phone that saves them $450 in purchase price. Yes, AT&T may "lose" money on the sale of the phone, but they more than make it up on the monthly service charges you have to pay for the next 2 years. Each person has to do the math for themselves and their specific plan type, data details, and phone. Customers on a Mobile Share plan with 10GB of data or higher will actually pay $299 (subsidized phone price) + $40 (activation/upgrade fee) + $600 (increased service fee) or $939. The same customer buying their phone with AT&T NEXT will pay $749.99 (full phone cost) + $0 (activation/upgrade fee) + $0 (increased service fee) or $749.99. Both sets of numbers are for your 64 GB iPhone 6, and both sets ignore sales tax because in some markets the custmer must pay the sales tax on the full phone price even if they get it at the contract subsidized price, otherwise you will also pay the sales tax difference on the $450 contract subsized amount you won't be getting on the NEXT agreement). If that same user has les than 10GB data, replace the $600 (increased service fee) with $360 and do your own comparison. If by chance, you happen to have a grandfathered Family Talk plan, then you don't get the out of contract discounts, so you always pay the higher service fees (even if your contract has expired) so that AT&T doesn't really "lose" any money on the deal either.

Yeah, as you can see, AT&T has it "baked" into their prices so that they don't "lose" any money, they get it from you one way or another, so it is always wise to look at all your options and make the decision that makes the most sense for you. When you do look, don't forget to look at all the variables though, as many overlooked the service price difference and later regretted their choice because by the time they realized their error, it was too late to change things and they were left paying more money that they didn't need to.
    03-27-2015 01:03 PM
    as far as I understand if on data share plan: (my plan is 15GB data sharing and unlimited talk/text)
    Next: we're paying $15/line + installments (prices difference depends on the storage/# of months we selected); no activation fee
    2 years contract: 2 years contract phone price + activation fee of $40 + $40 monthly service charge.

I just pre-ordered the regular S6, 64GB from BB under the AT&T Next, $39.25/mo for 20 months ($785) + $15/month x 20 = $300 service = $1085

2 years contract: 64GB is $300 + $40 x 24 months ($960) + $40 activation = $1300

excluded tax.

Did I miss anything?
    03-27-2015 01:36 PM
    Correct, that's what I trying to say and I am the person who had all other versions of GALAXY phones and I switch phone every year. I will never return my phone to att because I can sell it for more on Craigslist or eBay and make up difference in total. Also I always unlock my phone close to 12 months
    03-27-2015 01:57 PM
    So the gold was apparently 'not available'. I was stuck getting the black sapphire. Smh

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2015 02:00 PM
    So the gold was apparently 'not available'. I was stuck getting the black sapphire. Smh

you couldn't even preorder it? what carrier are you on?

03-27-2015 02:48 PM
    I was able to get AT&T to move up my eligibility date so that I could preorder my black sapphire 64 GB GS6. No gold platinum. Supposedly, if you are on AT&T , you have to go the corporate store for it. No 128GB available for preorder. GS6 accessories available starting Tuesday.
    03-27-2015 04:14 PM
    I was able to get AT&T to move up my eligibility date so that I could preorder my black sapphire 64 GB GS6. No gold platinum. Supposedly, if you are on AT&T , you have to go the corporate store for it. No 128GB available for preorder. GS6 accessories available starting Tuesday.
    you went to the corporate store to have them move up your eligibility date? My eligibility upgrade date is 05/12/2015. Not sure if they're willing to move up the date.
    03-27-2015 07:37 PM
    you went to the corporate store to have them move up your eligibility date? My eligibility upgrade date is 05/12/2015. Not sure if they're willing to move up the date.
    It was originally 4/18 probably from when I preordered my GS4. We have been with AT&T since 1994. Pretty much as long as I don't preorder an iPhone, they will move it up if I am within 30 days or they let me do at $249 instead of. $199. We also have a pretty hefty monthly bill with four smartphones. Usually, I have go over the head of the csr to their manager and get an override. I called this morning on the way to work. Had to get an override from a manager. By the time I got to Best Buy around 1pm CST, the date change was already visible in Best Buys system. You need to call AT&T customer service. 800-331-0500. Believe that's the number.
    sqa4life likes this.
    03-27-2015 08:08 PM
    I'm on AT&T. The BB rep said she couldn't even preorder it through her system.

03-27-2015 08:37 PM
    The best buy rep told me that the wireless chargers weren't guaranteed. He said it shouldn't be a problem but he was told to say that they aren't guaranteed and are on a first come first serve basis. Anybody else hear this? Looking at my preorder receipt it looks to be pretty much guaranteed and I see no mention of "first come first serve" so I'm assuming they weren't sure so they were playing it safe. Anybody else hear anything similar?
    03-27-2015 08:42 PM
    The best buy rep told me that the wireless chargers weren't guaranteed. He said it shouldn't be a problem but he was told to say that they aren't guaranteed and are on a first come first serve basis. Anybody else hear this? Looking at my preorder receipt it looks to be pretty much guaranteed and I see no mention of "first come first serve" so I'm assuming they weren't sure so they were playing it safe. Anybody else hear anything similar?
    The BB rep told me that if you preordered today and were told you were getting one, you're solid. But he did push me to order quick b/c people have been coming in. Which I actually believed b/c two people bought one in the the 5 minutes I was there playing with the edge.
    03-27-2015 08:44 PM
    The BB rep told me that if you preordered today and were told you were getting one, you're solid. But he did push me to order quick b/c people have been coming in. Which I actually believed b/c two people bought one in the the 5 minutes I was there playing with the edge.
    That's kind of what I figured. The rep only verbally said it wasn't guaranteed. Everything on paper makes it look guaranteed. So even if they didn't have any in Stock when I pick up I'm sure with some fighting I could get them to order me one or at least give me a credit.

Or I could just take my business elsewhere.
    03-27-2015 08:53 PM
    I got a printed receipt for the wireless charger when I pre-ordered mine GS6 today. They said that's the only way to guarantee that you will get one. When the product arrives your name gets put on it in back till you pick it up with the phone.
    03-27-2015 09:26 PM
    I'm on AT&T. The BB rep said she couldn't even preorder it through her system.

Unsure where you are going with this post. I have been with AT&T since 1994 and called to get a managers override to move my eligibility date from 4/18 to 3/27. If I am more than 30 days from upgrade eligibility and not ordering an iPhone, the $50 above the two year price. I called at 8am CST and by lunchtime, I went into Best Buy and preordered my black sapphire 64 GB.
    03-27-2015 09:47 PM
    Best Buy preorder newb question. Will Best Buy send me an email,when I can pick up my GS6 and wireless charging pad?
    03-27-2015 09:48 PM
    Best Buy preorder newb question. Will Best Buy send me an email,when I can pick up my GS6 and wireless charging pad?
    They will email you when it's ready Works like an in-store pick up, I think. Well, that's what I gathered from the initial email that was sent to me regarding my preorder

03-27-2015 10:09 PM
    They will email you when it's ready Works like an in-store pick up, I think. Well, that's what I gathered from the initial email that was sent to me regarding my preorder

Cool. That email can't show up fast enough. Made in through 26 days since the MWC launch. What's another 14 days?
    03-27-2015 10:11 PM
    The best buy rep told me that the wireless chargers weren't guaranteed. He said it shouldn't be a problem but he was told to say that they aren't guaranteed and are on a first come first serve basis.
    Also saw similar comments in another post...hope they have reserved some of those for the later Verizon pre-order next week! Otherwise, not much reason to get it from Best Buy.
    03-28-2015 09:06 AM
    I got a printed receipt for the wireless charger when I pre-ordered mine GS6 today. They said that's the only way to guarantee that you will get one. When the product arrives your name gets put on it in back till you pick it up with the phone.
    That's interesting since I wasn't able to select the option for pick-up at store for the wireless charger. I had to choose the shipping option because all of the in store pick up options said "unavailable" when I was placing the pre-order online. I wonder if it can be changed later. I better get mine!

03-28-2015 09:20 AM
    Also saw similar comments in another post...hope they have reserved some of those for the later Verizon pre-order next week! Otherwise, not much reason to get it from Best Buy.
    Free is always a great deal. AT&T is always trying to get me to switch to Mobile Share but I won't give up the grandfathered unlimited plan. The only way that I would do it is if they allowed me to carry true unlimited data. Under MS plans, I don't belief that there is any true unlimited data unless you pay for it. I also don't like paying money and not own the device. Not into phone leasing. I rented an apartment when I was younger but now I own a home after paying a mortgage.
    03-28-2015 09:23 AM
    Free is always a great deal. AT&T is always trying to get me to switch to Mobile Share but I won't give up the grandfathered unlimited plan. The only way that I would do it is if they allowed me to carry true unlimited data. Under MS plans, I don't belief that there is any true unlimited data unless you pay for it. I also don't like paying money and not own the device. Not into phone leasing. I rented an apartment when I was younger but now I own a home after paying a mortgage.

Unlimited FTW!

I'm not going to give up my unlimited data with them. One rep tried to tell me to do a 10GB plan. Pfffft.

03-28-2015 06:12 PM
628 ... 23456 ...