Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Correct, that's what I trying to say and I am the person who had all other versions of GALAXY phones and I switch phone every year. I will never return my phone to att because I can sell it for more on Craigslist or eBay and make up difference in total. Also I always unlock my phone close to 12 months

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get AT&T to move up my eligibility date so that I could preorder my black sapphire 64 GB GS6. No gold platinum. Supposedly, if you are on AT&T , you have to go the corporate store for it. No 128GB available for preorder. GS6 accessories available starting Tuesday.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get AT&T to move up my eligibility date so that I could preorder my black sapphire 64 GB GS6. No gold platinum. Supposedly, if you are on AT&T , you have to go the corporate store for it. No 128GB available for preorder. GS6 accessories available starting Tuesday.

you went to the corporate store to have them move up your eligibility date? My eligibility upgrade date is 05/12/2015. Not sure if they're willing to move up the date.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
you went to the corporate store to have them move up your eligibility date? My eligibility upgrade date is 05/12/2015. Not sure if they're willing to move up the date.

It was originally 4/18 probably from when I preordered my GS4. We have been with AT&T since 1994. Pretty much as long as I don't preorder an iPhone, they will move it up if I am within 30 days or they let me do at $249 instead of. $199. We also have a pretty hefty monthly bill with four smartphones. Usually, I have go over the head of the csr to their manager and get an override. I called this morning on the way to work. Had to get an override from a manager. By the time I got to Best Buy around 1pm CST, the date change was already visible in Best Buys system. You need to call AT&T customer service. 800-331-0500. Believe that's the number.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The best buy rep told me that the wireless chargers weren't guaranteed. He said it shouldn't be a problem but he was told to say that they aren't guaranteed and are on a first come first serve basis. Anybody else hear this? Looking at my preorder receipt it looks to be pretty much guaranteed and I see no mention of "first come first serve" so I'm assuming they weren't sure so they were playing it safe. Anybody else hear anything similar?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The best buy rep told me that the wireless chargers weren't guaranteed. He said it shouldn't be a problem but he was told to say that they aren't guaranteed and are on a first come first serve basis. Anybody else hear this? Looking at my preorder receipt it looks to be pretty much guaranteed and I see no mention of "first come first serve" so I'm assuming they weren't sure so they were playing it safe. Anybody else hear anything similar?

The BB rep told me that if you preordered today and were told you were getting one, you're solid. But he did push me to order quick b/c people have been coming in. Which I actually believed b/c two people bought one in the the 5 minutes I was there playing with the edge.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The BB rep told me that if you preordered today and were told you were getting one, you're solid. But he did push me to order quick b/c people have been coming in. Which I actually believed b/c two people bought one in the the 5 minutes I was there playing with the edge.

That's kind of what I figured. The rep only verbally said it wasn't guaranteed. Everything on paper makes it look guaranteed. So even if they didn't have any in Stock when I pick up I'm sure with some fighting I could get them to order me one or at least give me a credit.

Or I could just take my business elsewhere.

PFD664

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I got a printed receipt for the wireless charger when I pre-ordered mine GS6 today. They said that's the only way to guarantee that you will get one. When the product arrives your name gets put on it in back till you pick it up with the phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. The BB rep said she couldn't even preorder it through her system.

Posted via the Android Central App
Unsure where you are going with this post. I have been with AT&T since 1994 and called to get a managers override to move my eligibility date from 4/18 to 3/27. If I am more than 30 days from upgrade eligibility and not ordering an iPhone, the $50 above the two year price. I called at 8am CST and by lunchtime, I went into Best Buy and preordered my black sapphire 64 GB.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy preorder newb question. Will Best Buy send me an email,when I can pick up my GS6 and wireless charging pad?

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy preorder newb question. Will Best Buy send me an email,when I can pick up my GS6 and wireless charging pad?

They will email you when it's ready Works like an in-store pick up, I think. Well, that's what I gathered from the initial email that was sent to me regarding my preorder

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
They will email you when it's ready Works like an in-store pick up, I think. Well, that's what I gathered from the initial email that was sent to me regarding my preorder

Cool. That email can't show up fast enough. Made in through 26 days since the MWC launch. What's another 14 days?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The best buy rep told me that the wireless chargers weren't guaranteed. He said it shouldn't be a problem but he was told to say that they aren't guaranteed and are on a first come first serve basis.

Also saw similar comments in another post...hope they have reserved some of those for the later Verizon pre-order next week! Otherwise, not much reason to get it from Best Buy.

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I got a printed receipt for the wireless charger when I pre-ordered mine GS6 today. They said that's the only way to guarantee that you will get one. When the product arrives your name gets put on it in back till you pick it up with the phone.

That's interesting since I wasn't able to select the option for pick-up at store for the wireless charger. I had to choose the shipping option because all of the in store pick up options said "unavailable" when I was placing the pre-order online. I wonder if it can be changed later. I better get mine!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Also saw similar comments in another post...hope they have reserved some of those for the later Verizon pre-order next week! Otherwise, not much reason to get it from Best Buy.

Free is always a great deal. AT&T is always trying to get me to switch to Mobile Share but I won't give up the grandfathered unlimited plan. The only way that I would do it is if they allowed me to carry true unlimited data. Under MS plans, I don't belief that there is any true unlimited data unless you pay for it. I also don't like paying money and not own the device. Not into phone leasing. I rented an apartment when I was younger but now I own a home after paying a mortgage.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Free is always a great deal. AT&T is always trying to get me to switch to Mobile Share but I won't give up the grandfathered unlimited plan. The only way that I would do it is if they allowed me to carry true unlimited data. Under MS plans, I don't belief that there is any true unlimited data unless you pay for it. I also don't like paying money and not own the device. Not into phone leasing. I rented an apartment when I was younger but now I own a home after paying a mortgage.

Unlimited FTW!

I'm not going to give up my unlimited data with them. One rep tried to tell me to do a 10GB plan. Pfffft.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who pre-ordered in store, did you get a separate receipt for the charger or is it somehow listed on your receipt along with the $50 gift card purchase? They seem to have been a bit confused doing a pre-order for Verizon though they knew you could, nothing on any of the paperwork or receipts I got says anything about a charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance