Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who pre-ordered in store, did you get a separate receipt for the charger or is it somehow listed on your receipt along with the $50 gift card purchase? They seem to have been a bit confused doing a pre-order for Verizon though they knew you could, nothing on any of the paperwork or receipts I got says anything about a charger.

I preordered at a Best Buy and got a receipt for the GS6 and for the OEM wireless charger.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who pre-ordered in store, did you get a separate receipt for the charger or is it somehow listed on your receipt along with the $50 gift card purchase? They seem to have been a bit confused doing a pre-order for Verizon though they knew you could, nothing on any of the paperwork or receipts I got says anything about a charger.

So, I got two separate emails and two separate sets of paperwork for the phone and the charger but I only got one receipt for the gift card and the wireless charger wasn't on it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

bmarvoz

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered in-store and got a sheet of paper saying best buy will call or email me when the device is ready to be picked up. They stapled a receipt for just the gift card to it. Thats all I got. No reference to the charger although they did tell me I'd get one when I was in there.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered in-store and got a sheet of paper saying best buy will call or email me when the device is ready to be picked up. They stapled a receipt for just the gift card to it. Thats all I got. No reference to the charger although they did tell me I'd get one when I was in there.

I would go back to the store and ask. There was a post or two, one suggesting a limited supply of wireless charging pads and another suggesting the opposite. I was the first preorder at the Best Buy near my home. As I mentioned earlier, I left the store with the two receipts and the $50 gift card.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So, I got two separate emails and two separate sets of paperwork for the phone and the charger but I only got one receipt for the gift card and the wireless charger wasn't on it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened with me. I called best buy mobile CS and they called the store to verify that I would receive one. Shortly after that call, I received an email regarding my charging pad.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened with me. I called best buy mobile CS and they called the store to verify that I would receive one. Shortly after that call, I received an email regarding my charging pad.

Even though the service I received at Best Buy was great, there seemed to be a lack of consistency on the mobile team concerning which carriers were preordering as well as other details related to preorders. They had to consult one another and the Samsung rep to get sku numbers. They seemed a little unprepared at best.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I also got got two separate papers one for gs6 and one for wireless charger and a receipt for a gift card.

That was at the second store, first bb I went to couldn't get to the last step the guy said his ordering system was down and he would take my info down and keep trying. I live to far to hope u get one so I drove to the next bb and got it all taken care of.

Then the first guy calls and tells me he got it to work and it's done, I tried to tell him I got it at another store but he said it was done and I don't have to take it so whatever, then I check my email and that guy ordered me a vzw version instead of Sprint.

bmarvoz

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they had trouble processing the order for me too. Their system kept timing out so they kept trying for 20 minutes and it finally went through. I'll have to call tomorrow and see why I only got one piece of paper for the GS6 and not one for the charger.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Even though the service I received at Best Buy was great, there seemed to be a lack of consistency on the mobile team concerning which carriers were preordering as well as other details related to preorders. They had to consult one another and the Samsung rep to get sku numbers. They seemed a little unprepared at best.

I have to agree. I had to wait 20 mins to even talk to someone. So, I went to the Samsung experience area since I saw the sign to talk to a Samsung rep about preorders. While he was setting up S6 demo units (should've been done before opening, IMO), I just asked him about ordering one and he said that he couldn't help me and the mobile team could answer all of my questions. I almost pointed to the sign where it said I could speak with the Samsung rep.

Anyways, they were really unprepared. Didn't know about the gift card or even mention the charging pad. I probably knew more about the phone than they did.

bmarvoz

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I called them about the charger and they said they weren't told to process the charger as a separate order. So they went through all of the preorders afterwards and added the charger.

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

They messed up then

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
System was horribly slow for me around 5pm on Friday. Had to go through 3 separate orders too. But yes, I can confirm with the others that I did receive a separate receipt an email for the phone and charger for each preorder. If you didn't then I would call.

I'm actually hoping that Verizon will match this offer. I'd much rather have my phone delivered to me rather than be there on release day waiting in line just to get my phone and activate it.

bmarvoz

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I did call and its all good now. Like I said before they didn't know it needed to go through separately but they went back and added the charger to all of their preorders the next day.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
System was horribly slow for me around 5pm on Friday. Had to go through 3 separate orders too. But yes, I can confirm with the others that I did receive a separate receipt an email for the phone and charger for each preorder. If you didn't then I would call.

I'm actually hoping that Verizon will match this offer. I'd much rather have my phone delivered to me rather than be there on release day waiting in line just to get my phone and activate it.

I'm new to picking up a phone from Best Buy that is on Pre-Order. For those of you that have, how does it work? Do you literally stand in a line and have to wait for them to activate your phone and such before leaving? The ONLY (and I do mean ONLY) reason I am going through Best Buy instead of AT&T is because of the free wireless charger. I've never been fond of Best Buy's customer service, frankly, and if others have had bad experiences through BB I might just chance it and cancel my BB order and walk into AT&T Friday Morning the 10th. Thoughts?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to picking up a phone from Best Buy that is on Pre-Order. For those of you that have, how does it work? Do you literally stand in a line and have to wait for them to activate your phone and such before leaving? The ONLY (and I do mean ONLY) reason I am going through Best Buy instead of AT&T is because of the free wireless charger. I've never been fond of Best Buy's customer service, frankly, and if others have had bad experiences through BB I might just chance it and cancel my BB order and walk into AT&T Friday Morning the 10th. Thoughts?

Since I didn't need the headphones that AT&T was offering, I really wanted the wireless charging pad. I had to get a manager override to move my date up to 3/27. At lunch last Friday, I then went to Best Buy and the employees, though a little disorganized , were very nice and helpful. It doesn't take very long. I left the mobile are with the receipt for the phone and one for the wireless charging pad and a $50 gift card that you are required to purchase as part of the preorder. You can then use it to,help pay for the phone. Best Buy will send you an email when you can pick up the phone and wireless charging pad.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Since I didn't need the headphones that AT&T was offering, I really wanted the wireless charging pad. I had to get a manager override to move my date up to 3/27. At lunch last Friday, I then went to Best Buy and the employees, though a little disorganized , were very nice and helpful. It doesn't take very long. I left the mobile are with the receipt for the phone and one for the wireless charging pad and a $50 gift card that you are required to purchase as part of the preorder. You can then use it to,help pay for the phone. Best Buy will send you an email when you can pick up the phone and wireless charging pad.

Thanks. I pre-ordered on-line so am just waiting for the email now to pick up up :) . I guess my question was more related to launch-day. Is the experience at Best Buy generally decent? I was hoping I would simply pick up the phone at the Customer Service Desk and go home to activate. I'm guessing they have to do all of that in-store?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This preorder is my first as well. I imagine that pickup will be at CS. There is also a 72 hour window to pick up from first notification.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I pre-ordered on-line so am just waiting for the email now to pick up up :) . I guess my question was more related to launch-day. Is the experience at Best Buy generally decent? I was hoping I would simply pick up the phone at the Customer Service Desk and go home to activate. I'm guessing they have to do all of that in-store?

Sent a PM to the OP who may have better details.