Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

bmanzella527

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to picking up a phone from Best Buy that is on Pre-Order. For those of you that have, how does it work? Do you literally stand in a line and have to wait for them to activate your phone and such before leaving? The ONLY (and I do mean ONLY) reason I am going through Best Buy instead of AT&T is because of the free wireless charger. I've never been fond of Best Buy's customer service, frankly, and if others have had bad experiences through BB I might just chance it and cancel my BB order and walk into AT&T Friday Morning the 10th. Thoughts?

No unfortunately you have to be at the store and they have to upgrade and activate the phone so get to the store early.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No unfortunately you have to be at the store and they have to upgrade and activate the phone so get to the store early.

Thanks very much for the reply to my PM.

So, the information that we completed as a part of the preorder was just to ensure that we were qualified to preorder? Just asking.

I will definitely make sure that I get there with plenty of time. Is there any update on ship dates?

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Yikes. The only other time I pre-ordered a phone, I had it shipped to my house so it was no issue. The thought of standing in line at best buy on release day gives me the shivers. I waited longer than I would have liked just to pre-order and that required almost no checks and account changes.

I may be tempted to cancel and preorder through Verizon if it means they'll ship it to my house on release day. The free wireless charger would be great but not worth hours wasted of my life when I can get 3rd party ones for $20.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yikes. The only other time I pre-ordered a phone, I had it shipped to my house so it was no issue. The thought of standing in line at best buy on release day gives me the shivers. I waited longer than I would have liked just to pre-order and that required almost no checks and account changes.

I may be tempted to cancel and preorder through Verizon if it means they'll ship it to my house on release day. The free wireless charger would be great but not worth hours wasted of my life when I can get 3rd party ones for $20.

The other thing I was thinking about is the 50% off deal you usually get after registering a device with Samsung. The coupon code they email you is good for accessories up to $50. The Wireless Charger is currently listed at $49.99, and would count towards the 50% off deal, and you can buy up to 6 accessories. So you'd end up paying $24.99. Granted you wouldn't get the wireless charger on release day, but it might be easier than dealing with Best Buy. I'm going to think about it more since I already have my pre-order placed with Best Buy....

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The other thing I was thinking about is the 50% off deal you usually get after registering a device with Samsung. The coupon code they email you is good for accessories up to $50. The Wireless Charger is currently listed at $49.99, and would count towards the 50% off deal, and you can buy up to 6 accessories. So you'd end up paying $24.99. Granted you wouldn't get the wireless charger on release day, but it might be easier than dealing with Best Buy. I'm going to think about it more since I already have my pre-order placed with Best Buy....

I'm still not even sure I'd want to do that. The Samsung charger is so clunky. It's like a hockey puck. I'd much rather have this for $27: Amazon.com: CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge,Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z3V, Nexus 5 /7(2013) / 4, Nokia Lumia 1020/ 920/928, MOTO Droid Maxx/Droid Mini, HTC Droid DNA, HTC Rz

I'll take the Samsung for free, but I can't see myself paying for it. I'm leaning towards paying the "$27 extra" to not wait in a line. Plus, I have this most likely arriving today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4315731

I'll give it a try with my S3 to see how it works tonight, but if it's decent I may go ahead and order a couple more. If anybody else is interested and doesn't care about the S3 functionality, you can save about another $1 by going with this one: Amazon.com: Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System for iPhone 4/4s - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You guys act like it's pulling teeth to take 10 minutes to activate and another 5 minutes to pay the remaining balance. Before you make changes, review the conditions of the pre-order.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
You guys act like it's pulling teeth to take 10 minutes to activate and another 5 minutes to pay the remaining balance. Before you make changes, review the conditions of the pre-order.

Yes, this is if you have your own private Best Buy that nobody else knows about.

When I was preordering at 430pm on a Friday, there were about 4 or 5 people ahead of me and some were preordering and some were ordering other phones. The person would pick out a phone then start signing up for a plan, then they'd say they want a case, so they get up and go look at cases. All this while everyone else is waiting in line behind them. It took me about 45 minutes just to place a preorder which just consisted of me swiping my credit card and them giving me a gift card. Now imagine all the people that placed the preorder trying to pick up on the same day? Those same people will be porting over numbers, picking plans, picking out cases, etc.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this is if you have your own private Best Buy that nobody else knows about.

When I was preordering at 430pm on a Friday, there were about 4 or 5 people ahead of me and some were preordering and some were ordering other phones. The person would pick out a phone then start signing up for a plan, then they'd say they want a case, so they get up and go look at cases. All this while everyone else is waiting in line behind them. It took me about 45 minutes just to place a preorder which just consisted of me swiping my credit card and them giving me a gift card. Now imagine all the people that placed the preorder trying to pick up on the same day? Those same people will be porting over numbers, picking plans, picking out cases, etc.

Go at an off peak hour. You have three days to pick it up. Don't tell me you can't ask a spouse or significant other to hold your spot and you go kill time in the home theater section. Go first thing Saturday or take an early or late lunch.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Go at an off peak hour. You have three days to pick it up. Don't tell me you can't ask a spouse or significant other to hold your spot and you go kill time in the home theater section. Go first thing Saturday or take an early or late lunch.

Unfortunately there isn't an off peak hour at any place where I live.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy told me that they are not taking pre orders for the 128GB version on any carrier.

Has anyone been able to actually pre order the 128GB model at Best Buy?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy told me that they are not taking pre orders for the 128GB version on any carrier.

If I buy the S6, I have no choice but to cough up an extra $200 (double the price of the S6 32gb) for the 128gb version.
however, it is so idiotic, especially with the 200gb MicroSDXC card coming out next month from Sandisk.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

When I pre-ordered, the SKU numbers were not in the system. Don't expect them before April 10th. Probably a few weeks after that.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
If I buy the S6, I have no choice but to cough up an extra $200 (double the price of the S6 32gb) for the 128gb version.
however, it is so idiotic, especially with the 200gb MicroSDXC card coming out next month from Sandisk.

MicroSDXC 128gb is $100, so the 200gb MicroSDXC is probably going to be around $200 anyway.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I preordered from BB online and selected ship to house. Why go to the store and wait in line?

Did it say when it ships? Does it ship on the 10th, or the 8th?

For those that might be wondering, I also just called the Best Buy customer service number and spoke to an agent about the process of in-store pickup for devices. She said that BEFORE I come into the store Best Buy will contact your carrier (in my case AT&T) and get the phone setup with my plan. She indicated all I should have to do is pick up the phone at the customer service line. I'm really hoping that is the case.....

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did it say when it ships? Does it ship on the 10th, or the 8th?

For those that might be wondering, I also just called the Best Buy customer service number and spoke to an agent about the process of in-store pickup for devices. She said that BEFORE I come into the store Best Buy will contact your carrier (in my case AT&T) and get the phone setup with my plan. She indicated all I should have to do is pick up the phone at the customer service line. I'm really hoping that is the case.....

I could be mistaken but I read something about April 8th shipping date for,pre-orders but don't hold me to it. If the scenario plays out that way, I would still call AT&T and make sure everything is cool.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Counting down...do we have 10 days until preorders arrive? Or less? Either way the day is creeping ever so slowly closer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol