Samsung Galaxy S6 Best Buy Pre Order Deal and Dates.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get their protection plan? Have 14 days to decide. I already have insurance through AT&T. Cost I know are different.

I got the "Drops & Spills" version of the Best Buy plan, and did the up-front lump sum payment, which comes out a bit cheaper over time. Did the same thing with my M7, and it served me well. I know there's a ton of plans and options out there...but I've had good luck and service thru Best Buy.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Last Friday, I went to pick up my wife's GS6 at Best Buy and the experience turned me off to ever preordering from Best Buy again. Although there were two people ahead of me in line, I waited for about an hour until being called. The salesperson absolutely refused to let me take the phone unopened - it was a gift for my wife and I would have liked to have given it to her in a sealed box with no fingerprints. I explained this to the salesperson, who flat out refused to hear it. But wait, there's more.

Last September, I used the upgrade that was available on my wife's line to get an iPhone 6. I received that phone directly from AT&T (sealed box, of course), inserted my existing SIM card and was ready to go in about 2 minutes. Of course, Best Buy just had to make things a bit more complicated. Since I was using my upgrade to get my wife the GS6, Best Buy absolutely insisted on activating the phone under my number. I handed the salesperson the SIM card that I took out of my wife's phone and asked her to just put it into the GS6. Once again, she declined and restated that the phone has to be activated on my line. I then questioned the necessity of this, even pointing out that it's silly to activate it on my line, only to remove the SIM card and replace it with my wife's SIM card anyway. At this point, I just rolled my eyes and gave up.

A lesson has definitely been learned. I got sucked in by the free wireless charger, but it wasn't worth the headache and the aggravation. Never again.

ziocomposite

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
They can get fired for not doing so FYI. The carriers pretty much force them to. I wouldn't want to get fired just for that. Hence next time just have it delivered

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone get their protection plan? Have 14 days to decide. I already have insurance through AT&T. Cost I know are different.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Hahaha jcp, I'm in exactly the same boat, minus the otterbox heh.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When Best Buy invites you to do a survey, tell them how you feel about their service and delivery of said services.

ziocomposite

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
People keep learning this more and more with every best buy botched release.

My home delivery selection is for different reasons but yes, if you want it asap, it's usually better to get via carrier. Bbuy is more so collecting rewards points and promos for the price of waiting. Time is money lol

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes me too I got tracking and mine was in Milwaukee on Friday and sat there all weekend but it was delivered today Monday along with the charger.love it.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Questions since I didn't buy from Best Buy and friends of mine asked me if I know how the smart switch works, did the backup and then restore install apps and all other things at same order as previously setup phone. What best buy using to backup and restore or transfer all information from Galaxy s5 to new Galaxy s6? Can you please answer if you know.

Sent via the GALAXY S6 on AT&T
Please excuse my brevity

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you chose home delivery like me then you'd probably still be waiting for your phone.

The lesson is, don't order from BB period!

I'm on AT&T Next, so the system wouldn't even allow me to select home delivery and the confirmation instructed me to bring the phone that I'll be handing back over to AT&T, as it would be collected from me when at the time of pickup. Instead, the salesperson handed me a prepaid UPS label and instructed me to pack up the phone and send it to AT&T. Yet another strike against Best Buy. Fool me once, shame on you.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I pre ordered with bb for att. White 64gb s6. Release was last Friday... To date I still have not been notified of it's arrival.

I walked into an att store Friday evening and walked out with exactly what I wanted, pain free, best experience ever with att.

Moral of the story for me is I'll never pre order again and I'm done with best buy.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered with bb for att. White 64gb s6. Release was last Friday... To date I still have not been notified of it's arrival.

I walked into an att store Friday evening and walked out with exactly what I wanted, pain free, best experience ever with att.

Moral of the story for me is I'll never pre order again and I'm done with best buy.

So what are you going to do with the BB pre-order, keep it or send back when it comes?

I was ready to cancel my BB pre-order last Friday as the ATT store up the road had the 64 GB black that I wanted, but BB would not let me cancel as it was just shipping. So I am still waiting for my phone...hopefully tomorrow.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So what are you going to do with the BB pre-order, keep it or send back when it comes?

I was ready to cancel my BB pre-order last Friday as the ATT store up the road had the 64 GB black that I wanted, but BB would not let me cancel as it was just shipping. So I am still waiting for my phone...hopefully tomorrow.

I'm going to cancel and use the gift card for a wireless charger. How can they"not let you cancel"? It's your order, your money, you can cancel if you want.