04-01-2015 12:41 PM
114 1234 ...
tools
    I'm still pretty sure. Even if it isn't as efficient as a set up, the Z3 had a 3100 mAh battery and I could see them still going bigger this year. Samsung is one of the first to actually go with a smaller battery compared to a previous model.
    G flex 2 has the same chipset, 1080p screen and 3000mAh battery, but still falls short of S6. Now throwing in QHD LCD to it, I think it will need at least 3500mAh to come out better on battery life.
    03-23-2015 10:25 AM
    If actual results bear out even comparable battery performance or slightly better than the previous model and the competition, the GS6, based on what we have heard or read, is powering a bigger display and faster processor as well as new and improved features at a level comparable to its bigger brother in the GS5. These items would normally scream for a much larger battery. Samsung has through architectural hardware choices and firmware, etc made a statement on how to squeeze the most performance and functionality with a minimal battery footprint.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-23-2015 01:57 PM
    Please forgive those who complaints. They probably thought a bus is faster than a fararri because the bus is bigger :-)
    20blks likes this.
    03-23-2015 02:08 PM
    Please forgive those who complaints. They probably thought a bus is faster than a fararri because the bus is bigger :-)
    But the bus probably has a bigger gas tank, so it can probably go further.
    03-23-2015 02:59 PM
    In my opinion a 2 hour difference is pretty much the same life for most people .. I mean it technically got it but .. If it got 10 hours more or something then I would be "wowd" but .. 2 hours is meh.
    If your on a long trip and your phone is about to die....that 2 hours will make a difference lol
    03-23-2015 03:06 PM
    If your on a long trip and your phone is about to die....that 2 hours will make a difference lol
    Yeah 2 hours of "usage" is a major difference. Idle or "talk" time or whatever they call it, not so much.
    03-23-2015 03:11 PM
    The battery might be fine to last me a day; however, I sure wouldn't have complained if they slapped a larger battery in there.
    03-23-2015 03:18 PM
    It really won't since I would have a battery backup if going on a long trip. It only benefits if you are un-prepared but .. a road trip I would know and have some type of backup (even a car charger).

Also that 2 hours is so subjective to each persons usage... They got 62 hours? Give me the phone .. I can drop it in 3. Promise .
    03-23-2015 03:30 PM
    It really won't since I would have a battery backup if going on a long trip. It only benefits if you are un-prepared but .. a road trip I would know and have some type of backup (even a car charger).

Also that 2 hours is so subjective to each persons usage... They got 62 hours? Give me the phone .. I can drop it in 3. Promise .
    Gsmarena endurance rating includes standby. Rating is calculated assuming 1 hr of Web, talk, video per day.

If you usage habit is different, they also have a tool to customize your own rating based on your own usage habit.
    03-23-2015 03:59 PM
    Gsmarena endurance rating includes standby. Rating is calculated assuming 1 hr of Web, talk, video per day.

If you usage habit is different, they also have a tool to customize your own rating based on your own usage habit.
    Everyone's usage is different .. No one does the exact same amount of everything. So my response was that 2 hours they claim .. won't apply to all. As he was implying .
    03-23-2015 04:12 PM
    With the M9 review embargo lifted, we are seeing the true battery life results of this device.

Here are three results from GSMArena:

Attachment 167841
    Attachment 167842
    Attachment 167843

The only area where the S6 falls behind is the talk-time, but no one cares about that. Who still uses their phone to make calls? It's all texting these days.
    Considering the G Flex 2 had a 3000 mAH battery and the M9 had a 2840 mAH battery, it is unlikely that other flagships using the 810 will beat the S5 in battery life.
    Yes, the S6 battery is slightly worse than the S5, but it will still have the best battery life.
    If the Sony Z4 comes out with this snap 810. It will challenge the S6. Even if it is Quad HD.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 04:17 PM
    But the bus probably has a bigger gas tank, so it can probably go further.
    Then pay triple the price for gas :-)
    03-23-2015 04:30 PM
    Then pay triple the price for gas :-)
    You can have everyone pitch in for gas.
    Wait, what's the parallel again?
    sqa4life likes this.
    03-23-2015 04:38 PM
    Haha
    03-23-2015 04:59 PM
    Saying the S6 has "the best battery life of all flagships" is just a way of saying "the least poor of all the poor performers." Smartphone battery life, across the board is frankly dismal compared to what is needed. Ever since the advent of the modern smartphone, we've been conditioned to think that a workday off the charger and a night ON the charger, EVERY DAY is acceptable, as is carrying around a wall-wart charger and gord with which you will tether yourself to a power outlet mid-travels. We have done a fine job of forgetting just a few years back when most folks had flip-phones that could go a couple of days before needing a recharge. (All of which, BTW, had replaceable batteries.)

Yes, I get it. The smartphones of today are very powerful, and very busy machines, and necessarily will draw power far in excess of the dedicated phones of just a few years ago. And, the technology of Lithium-ion batteries hasn't changed appreciably since that time, so large-capacity batteries are necessarily off the table for a thin, powerful device.

Which is why I argue for the replaceable battery. It's awful hard to view a phone as "wireless" if it has to be attached to a wire half of the time. And, a replaceable battery is an efficient and highly portable way to get decent phone power, regardless of outlet or cord availability, and you simply don't have to wait to get a usable charge when you swap a battery out. 30 seconds or a minute of downtime, and, bang! full charge. Not that it's any more convenient than a portable charger (from a practical process perspective) to remember to keep a spare charged and slip one in your pocket on the way out the door, but it's certainly not any LESS convenient, either, and a replaceable battery is often smaller and lighter than its portable-charger counterparts.

Hey, maybe ubiquitous Qi mats will supplant the need for higher charge capacities... Or maybe somebody will make a graphene breakthrough. Until then, I'll pine for my replaceable battery.

mjc
    KJ78 likes this.
    03-23-2015 05:01 PM
    If it lasts a full day use for me, then that's all I'd want.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    03-23-2015 05:13 PM
    Saying the S6 has "the best battery life of all flagships" is just a way of saying "the least poor of all the poor performers." Smartphone battery life, across the board is frankly dismal compared to what is needed.

mjc
    I wholeheartedly agree that we are not in the place we ought to be. Battery technology has not improved for decades now. And this is the first time I am aware, that both HTC and Samsung produced flagships with regressive battery performance.

On the other hand, the ship of s6 is set sale already. It is surely a major loss for swappable battery supporters, which I do consider myself one of them. But if the market rewards Sammy handsomely for s6, then it is probably a sign that the mass of the buyers don't care as much as we do. Since this is a for profit business, it is what it is, we should then accept defeat. Fortunately, there are still many, good ones, for starters, s5, g3 and note 4 are all great products.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    03-23-2015 06:13 PM
    ^^ I dunno, it seems to me battery life is one of the few things we talk about that the masses do care as much about as us. I've never met anyone IRL who complained about their camera; only the internet does that, lol.
    03-23-2015 06:58 PM
    I found this from one of the members at XDA:

All right, an S6 edge battery stat, admittedly on lighter use, some short gameplay and photography, much browing and checking the usual suspects (weather, transit, email etc.), GPS high accuracy on, mostly on WiFi while connected to 4G network. Some app installing and themeing, an hour of calling and some chat.

The S6 will have the best battery life of all flagships this year, so stop complaining-screenshot_2015-03-23pfucn.pngThe S6 will have the best battery life of all flagships this year, so stop complaining-screenshot_2015-03-23iau3i.png

Definitely an improvement, although if you add more gaming, more time under the sun and some music streaming, I'd say the SoT would be an hour or so worse. Please note that I'm on March 1 SW.
    With final version using Qualcomm modem, results should be much better.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    03-23-2015 07:01 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed. While battery life is an important consideration, it shouldn't be the sole reason to get a phone with not so good performance and functionality. I'd rather have great performance and functionality with comparable battery life to a previous device.
    03-23-2015 07:26 PM
    Battery life should be one of the very most important concerns.
    All the cool features (bells & whistles) don't work when the battery is dead.
    KJ78 and Shepx13 like this.
    03-23-2015 07:30 PM
    Battery life should be one of the very most important concerns.
    All the cool features (bells & whistles) don't work when the battery is dead.
    Agreed. There is absolutely no reason a company should purposely make their phone battery worse than the previous version. At least HTC can blame the processor. Samsung only has themselves to blame if it's worse.
    03-23-2015 07:34 PM
    Anandtech review was not too kind on the battery of the M9 or its,processor.
    03-23-2015 07:42 PM

I would be extra satisfied with that battery life
    03-23-2015 07:48 PM
    The Verge describes the M9 as having an ok battery for a phone that takes bad pictures.
    03-23-2015 07:55 PM
114 1234 ...