The S6 will have the best battery life of all flagships this year, so stop complaining

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
With the M9 review embargo lifted, we are seeing the true battery life results of this device.

Here are three results from GSMArena:

gsmarena_001.jpg
gsmarena_001.jpg
gsmarena_001.jpg

The only area where the S6 falls behind is the talk-time, but no one cares about that. Who still uses their phone to make calls? It's all texting these days.
Considering the G Flex 2 had a 3000 mAH battery and the M9 had a 2840 mAH battery, it is unlikely that other flagships using the 810 will beat the S5 in battery life.
Yes, the S6 battery is slightly worse than the S5, but it will still have the best battery life.

Last edited:

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Anandtech result shows how much hit it took from M8.

AnandTech | The HTC One M9 Review: Part 1

I think S6 will increase lead further once Samsung puts out finalized firmware for S6 along with carrier optimized radios. M9 results are from latest update.

Samsung promised 11 hours web-browsing, so they might be able to get there with final software update, but I'm not holding my breath.
I shall wait for the S7/S7 Edge.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung promised 11 hours web-browsing, so they might be able to get there with final software update, but I'm not holding my breath.
I shall wait for the S7/S7 Edge.

Appreciate your enthusiasm but you are going to get some strong feedback and opinions. I'll have to check out the GSMArena and Anandtech review. AA and PhoneArena also gave the M9 a good review but they felt HTC fell down on display, camera, possibly the processor due to noticeable but not burning hot heat issues as well as the battery life.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
With the M9 review embargo lifted, we are seeing the true battery life results of this device.

Here are three results from GSMArena:

View attachment 167841
View attachment 167842
View attachment 167843

The only area where the S6 falls behind is the talk-time, but no one cares about that. Who still uses their phone to make calls? It's all texting these days.
Considering the G Flex 2 had a 3000 mAH battery and the M9 had a 2840 mAH battery, it is unlikely that other flagships using the 810 will beat the S5 in battery life.
Yes, the S6 battery is slightly worse than the S5, but it will still have the best battery life.

Should these results prove consistent among more,reviews I will be happy with the battery life given the improved performance and functionality of the GS6 over the GS5 and other GS6 competition.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
At the end of the day, all those scores show at least a day of full use, and everyone will be charging their phones at the end of the day, everyone should be happy with their battery no matter which of those phones they choose

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
OH ****!!! I'M A BELIEVER

"Every Galaxy S6 review out there right now is based on Korean variants of the phone. They don't have the right modem in that device."

https://twitter.com/RDR0b11/status/579807389840338944

Samsung's modems are inferior to Qualcomm's in non-Korean areas, so they are using Qualcomm's modem for every region except Korea.
Right now, reviewers have the Korean version with the Samsung modem.
Yes, I am 99% sure than the S6's battery life will improve massively in the final version.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

My business lines, all run through Ooma are ALL forwarded to my smartphone!

Some of us folks who've had cell phones for many years still use our phones... as phones, in addition to texting, emailing, browsing, etc.

quantumphysics

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
"OH ****!!! I'M A BELIEVER

"Every Galaxy S6 review out there right now is based on Korean variants of the phone. They don't have the right modem in that device."

Samsung's modems are inferior to Qualcomm's in non-Korean areas, so they are using Qualcomm's modem for every region except Korea.
Yes, I am 99% sure than the S6's battery life will improve massively in the final version."

Not sure how that follows. unless of course you are being sarcastic

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
To be fair, the ratings are close and the year is only 3 months in. But it is indeed a year all flagships so far are faltering in the battery department.

I still think s6 has bad standby battery and can be improved by some update. HTC seems to be partly falling victim of Qualcomm, still, hard to understand how they can shove a bigger battery in there and get a worse performance out of it.

G4 is a month away, so comparing to G flex 2 may be meaningless.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, the ratings are close and the year is only 3 months in. But it is indeed a year all flagships so far are faltering in the battery department.

I still think s6 has bad standby battery and can be improved by some update. HTC seems to be partly falling victim of Qualcomm, still, hard to understand how they can shove a bigger battery in there and get a worse performance out of it.

G4 is a month away, so comparing to G flex 2 may be meaningless.

Not only a notable but not uncomfortable heating issue. I too was surprised by the battery performance making the device almost 10mm thick. Chipset could also be a factor.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Huh? My phone is my business line and portal to most things business related, it's not a gaming, video, Facebook, fun device, it's an anchor and misery. I'm on my phone for hours each day hammering out contract details, negotiating, selling, ordering, etc...very much still a phone to some of us with other stuff thrown in.

Most of my friends/peers use them the same way in business.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
How about small minded people stop telling others what to complain about? Do you know everyone's usage needs? No. So quit it already.

Battery life should be fine for me, but not my wife. She's a business professional who goes through 2-3 batteries a day on her Galaxy s4. She can't just plug it in to charge whenever it gets low, all the time. Sometimes, sure, but not at will.

Again, please stop telling others what they need to do. It's completely selfish and small minded.

Last edited:

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
OH ****!!! I'M A BELIEVER

https://twitter.com/RDR0b11/status/579807389840338944

Yes, I am 99% sure than the S6's battery life will improve massively in the final version.

If this is true, we can surely expect some improvement in stand by, talk time.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there any real reason to complain about this phone unless you have to have removable storage? They just posted on this site that you can remove bloat from the S6, including their own apps like S Health and S Voice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12