27 58.70%
  • s6 edge

19 41.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
04-09-2015 03:27 AM
54 123
tools
    Regular S6 for me.

While I like the look of the S6 Edge, I can't justify paying extra for it. I haven't seen a compelling enough argument to justify the edge.

Putting the screen face down to see the colours doesn't bother me. I never put my phone face down and don't plan on doing so. Swiping from the side to pull up 5 contacts isn't interesting to me either.

While it looks cool and is great that they can do that, I think I'll just go with the regular S6.
    I agree with both of those "features" being pretty much worthless to me. For me, the only cool feature of the edge is the night clock and notifications on the side. Besides that, I just think it looks cooler.

Not sure it justifies the price difference in my book. It will be a tough call. If the Edge has a delayed release, it will make my decision a little easier.

I might be better off taking that extra $100 and putting it towards a higher storage model for ease of mind.
    03-23-2015 07:24 PM
    I might be better off taking that extra $100 and putting it towards a higher storage model for ease of mind.
    That's what I might consider doing.

I think I'll find 64gb storage more useful than the Edge screen.

The night clock thing you mentioned isn't for me either. I'm such a deep sleeper and only wake up when my alarm kicks in. Again, no use for the Edge screen.

Also I've heard that the edges warp video and make it look strange when watching stuff move from the flat part of the screen to the edged part. Some reports I've read of people saying it kinda ruins the viewing experience because it looks like an unintentional psychedelic effect.

It's great they have the tech to do that, but I just have no real use for it. It does look nice though.
    03-23-2015 08:01 PM
    Wonder how the Edge purchases would be affected knowing that they will be out after the GS6
    03-23-2015 08:10 PM
    Wonder how the Edge purchases would be affected knowing that they will be out after the GS6
    In the long run, it probably won't make a huge difference. However, for the diehards like those in this forum, it will probably definitely sway a lot of people towards the regular S6. It may be intentional too if the shortages and difficulty making the Edge version are true.
    03-23-2015 08:19 PM
    I've preordered the edge. Being honest, none of the edge features appeal to me unless they expand on them, I doubt I will ever really utilize it but ultimately, it just looks so cool and will hopefully offer me that "different" new feel when I finally get my hands on it.
    03-24-2015 06:32 AM
    Had a pre order on the edge cancelled it and pre ordered the s6 instead. In Norway the price difference between a regular s6 and the edge is huge! And honestly an edge I won't actively use is not worth 150$ more for the 64gb variant. But with that said the edge looks good, I mean REALLY GOOD!
    03-24-2015 06:36 AM
    what are the prices of both devices in europe?
    03-24-2015 08:11 AM
    What about using a screen protector on the edge? Wouldn't it peel off easier or be harder to apply? The way screens are I'm not sure i would want to experiment on getting the edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2015 08:34 AM
    What about using a screen protector on the edge? Wouldn't it peel off easier or be harder to apply? The way screens are I'm not sure i would want to experiment on getting the edge.

I don't see any issue with the wet application screen protectors. There really shouldn't be any difference with those. The tempered glass and the dry application ones may be more difficult to produce though and I'd avoid those until I hear positive reviews.

Here is one tempered glass one that somebody posted in the S6 Edge forum that looks promising: Amzer® Kristal™ Tempered Glass HD Edge2Edge Clear Screen Protector

Again, I'm waiting for reviews but I'll keep an eye on that one or ones like it. It's good to know that it's possible at least.
    03-24-2015 09:35 AM

Ballistic has a case with a screen protector I believe.

Great for all of you getting the Edge which I can see has an aesthetic appeal and uniqueness. Given that the price is high relative to the functionality and the fact that it is a device that you might hang on to for a while, I can't justify the expense especially when the novelty wears off.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-24-2015 12:52 PM
    S6 for me. Looking for a solid up to date replacement for my Z10. Unfortunately BB doesn't have anything coming to VZW anytime soon. Sad for me really. Anyway....i think the edge is more of a gimmic, and i don't see the real world benefits for me. Also more glass to break case or no case the angle counts. I have had to replace screens before, like many of you< and don't want to mess with that. Not having held one, it looks like it would be uncomfortable to hold. Plus, and i know this is stretching it with a screen, new tech always seems to have more bugs. All my opinions..............
    03-24-2015 06:22 PM
    Go For Otterbox , man
    I would agree but if you go to their site, they only have GS6 cases at the moment.
    03-25-2015 06:20 AM
    Edge is the only weapon can be attractive to Apple fans
    Huh?
    03-25-2015 07:04 AM
    I went with the edge. (Very confusing by the way when you walk into VZW and tell them you want the edge on the Edge plan.) I got sucked in by the coolness factor - I like it because it's different. I tried it out at 2 different BestBuys to make sure that I was comfortable holding it and the screen didn't bother me watching videos, typing etc. Yes, I am a little worried about the unprotected edges of the screen, but I'm pretty careful with my phones and the Gorilla Glass 4 should be pretty strong. Plus I got the insurance just in case.
    04-01-2015 11:06 PM
    After playing with both, I went with the S6 regular. The Edge looks nice, but because of the edges, it feels "sharp" when you hold it, but because the regular S6 is rounded on the sides, it feels much more comfortable. Other than the feeling, its the exact same phone. Best way to decide is to go play with it on your own
    04-02-2015 12:23 AM
    I'm undecided of which version to go for.. I do have to agree the non edge version feels better in the hands. I'm curious what typing on it feels like? The edge version I mean

04-02-2015 02:00 AM
    As much as I was exited by the S6 Edge when first unveiled, I think now I will go for the ''normal'' S6
    -Screen will feel bigger as the 5.1'' are fully used all the time (the Edge is 5.1'' minus the edges)
    -Price! I will prefer to get more GB memory than Edge
    -If the S6 already feel as premium as the Z3 then it's more than enough for me
    04-02-2015 03:51 AM
    As much as I was exited by the S6 Edge when first unveiled, I think now I will go for the ''normal'' S6
    -Screen will feel bigger as the 5.1'' are fully used all the time (the Edge is 5.1'' minus the edges)
    -Price! I will prefer to get more GB memory than Edge
    -If the S6 already feel as premium as the Z3 then it's more than enough for me
    That's a factor that also swayed me in addition to the feel and functionality value.

I got 64GB instead of 32GB on regular GS6.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    04-02-2015 09:35 AM
    After playing with both, I went with the S6 regular. The Edge looks nice, but because of the edges, it feels "sharp" when you hold it, but because the regular S6 is rounded on the sides, it feels much more comfortable. Other than the feeling, its the exact same phone. Best way to decide is to go play with it on your own
    I'm really struggling with this decision based on exactly what you're saying. The S6 is definitely more comfortable/secure to hold but that damn edge design just keeps drawing me in. Don't really want to pay the premium but I just can't take my eyes off that edge screen it looks so cool.
    04-02-2015 09:45 AM
    I'm really struggling with this decision based on exactly what you're saying. The S6 is definitely more comfortable/secure to hold but that damn edge design just keeps drawing me in. Don't really want to pay the premium but I just can't take my eyes off that edge screen it looks so cool.
    It would be nice if someone that has the Edge with a case can chime in, but I preordered the Edge (don't have it yet) and have also received some cases that I bought on sale. Some of the cases appear to get rid of the sharp edge feeling because they make the bezel a little thicker. If you plan on using a case on either device, I think the Edge might end up feeling better in the hand. Just my opinion...
    lindseybp likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:51 AM
    It would be nice if someone that has the Edge with a case can chime in, but I preordered the Edge (don't have it yet) and have also received some cases that I bought on sale. Some of the cases appear to get rid of the sharp edge feeling because they make the bezel a little thicker. If you plan on using a case on either device, I think the Edge might end up feeling better in the hand. Just my opinion...
    That's a good point. I probably would use a slim case of some type.
    04-02-2015 10:46 AM
    I like my S6. I like how it feels versus the edge.
    04-02-2015 11:14 AM
    I'm looking at upgrading either to the S6 or the Edge.
    I was wondering if any of you current S6 owners would mind sharing why you chose the S6 and not the Edge.
    Thanks!
    04-02-2015 04:30 PM
    I'm looking at upgrading either to the S6 or the Edge.
    I was wondering if any of you current S6 owners would mind sharing why you chose the S6 and not the Edge.
    Thanks!
    Edge didn't feel as comfortable in my hand (case would probably fix that though), expensive, doesn't quite feel ready for prime time to me (functionality). S6 is the safe bet and I tend to make safe purchases lol.

Posted via Android Central App
    droidntn likes this.
    04-02-2015 04:35 PM
    I agree that edge is sharp, and I didn't like screen looked not as wide as the regular S6 when you held them side by side.
    04-02-2015 05:40 PM
54 123