s6 or s6 edge?

s6 or s6 edge?

• Total voters

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Depends. Edge will give you light up notifications for calls when face down, quick access to your top 5 contacts, night clock, and the ability to scroll through some notifications and such. The case and accessories selection will not be as good as the regular S6. And I hear the equivalent Edge vs S6 will be $100 more.

I don't think either is better than the other.

Also, Blue Topaz is only the S6. Green Emerald is only on the Edge.... subject to carrier avalibility of course.

Personally, I would go for the Edge just because it's different.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think either is really better, the Edge has some nice features that will come at a price. While I like the features of the Edge, I don't see myself paying the extra cash for it, but I'll decide in the store....unless the Edge really isn't coming out for another month.

orella

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Depends. Edge will give you light up notifications for calls when face down, quick access to your top 5 contacts, night clock, and the ability to scroll through some notifications and such. The case and accessories selection will not be as good as the regular S6. And I hear the equivalent Edge vs S6 will be $100 more.

I don't think either is better than the other.

Also, Blue Topaz is only the S6. Green Emerald is only on the Edge.... subject to carrier avalibility of course.

Personally, I would go for the Edge just because it's different.

sorry but what is the blue topaz and green emerald? the colors of the phone?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Both models come in Platinum Gold, White, and Sapphire Black. But the S6 also comes in Topaz Blue while the S6 Edge also comes in an Emerald Green. A lot of people love the Emerald Green, which forces you to go with the Edge.

Personally, I want the Edge because it's so gorgeous to look at. I'll probably never use any of the Edge gimmicks -- I only care about the curved screen on an aesthetic level.

orella

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Both models come in Platinum Gold, White, and Sapphire Black. But the S6 also comes in Topaz Blue while the S6 Edge also comes in an Emerald Green. A lot of people love the Emerald Green, which forces you to go with the Edge.

Personally, I want the Edge because it's so gorgeous to look at. I'll probably never use any of the Edge gimmicks -- I only care about the curved screen on an aesthetic level.

and what is the function of the curved screen? compared with normal screens?

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Cant say which one is better but im personally going with the regular S6. I just dont see any of the Edge features justifying the extra cost. Plus like someone else said more options for cases and accessories will be available for the S6. Also the Edge seems like it would awkward to hold and use one handed due to the curved screen.

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am almost for sure getting the Edge. The only thing stopping me from being 100% sure is how hard it will be to avoid getting scratches on the screen due to how hard making a good screen protector for it will be. That would be the only reason I go with the regular S6, the edge just looks so much nicer and even though the features aren't what sells it, they are certainly nice features to have.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
and what is the function of the curved screen? compared with normal screens?
It looks hella cooler. HELLA cooler. There's no function other than looks. The stuff they've come up for it could easily be done on the regular S6 other than the strobing lights for the contacts. But who lays their phone face down?

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
If the rumor is true that the Edge will be coming out a month after the regular, then I'm getting the regular. If it's within a couple weeks, I'll probably go with the Edge, but still not sure. Worried mostly about durability.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
if i do get an s6, it'll just be the plain s6. i see no real benefit to the edge at all for the added cost. i dont think it looks 'cooler' at all.

im still waiting for the verge review to help me decide whether to jump to android with the s6 or just wait for iphone 6s.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thinking edge but need to hold both in person first. Edge may not be as comfortable/secure in the hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

UpTheDumper

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
if i do get an s6, it'll just be the plain s6. i see no real benefit to the edge at all for the added cost. i dont think it looks 'cooler' at all.

im still waiting for the verge review to help me decide whether to jump to android with the s6 or just wait for iphone 6s.

Ew.

Posted via S5A from the commode.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Based on what I've seen i can't justify spending the extra $100 for the Edge…it looks great and if it was only $50 id be more inclined to get it instead of S6.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you're going to make your decision between the S6 and the iPhone based on The Verge review, it's been nice knowing you.

mrg4512

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am leaning towards the edge......however I will be making a trip to best buy this Friday when both phones will be on display!

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, if you're going to make your decision between the S6 and the iPhone based on The Verge review, it's been nice knowing you.

Here's the Verge review: The Samsung S6 looks like a very nice phone, but there is no "i" in front of it, so I can't recommend it.

I'm personally looking forward to the Anandtech review which should hopefully be out any day now.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's the Verge review: The Samsung S6 looks like a very nice phone, but there is no "i" in front of it, so I can't recommend it.

I'm personally looking forward to the Anandtech review which should hopefully be out any day now.

I'm anxious for their review too. Read their review of the M9 and I felt it was one of the more honest reviews compared to the Android sites out there, but I sort of expect that from them (just a personal preference).