Does anyone know if a phone case such as otter box or life proof case will interfere with Samsung pay (mst) and wireless charging

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 06:12 PM
    Not sure about the pay thing but I have used wireless with Spigen and Seidio cases and never an issue. Never used a Otterbein with wireless.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    03-23-2015 06:19 PM
    It does, but to what extent, is yet to be 'discovered'. No word yet if it will or not because, well, the device is not actually out yet. But if the case is too thick and the receiver unit for Samsung Pay or the induction charger isn't too 'powerful', it will interfere. Most of the time, though, it shouldn't, but you will see decreased range for sure. It depends on the card reader, NFC receiver, and/or wireless charger whether or not this decreased range affects it.
    03-23-2015 06:19 PM
    Unless you drop phone alot, I say put skins (like invisible shield, bestskinever, etc) all over the phone and go semi-naked! Its a beauty, why cover it?
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-23-2015 06:23 PM
    My thoughts exactly when reading those typical 'Samsung plastic is so ugly, look at my metal-clad whateverphone...which is covered by a plastic case, hiding the metal and design!'
    anon(27512) likes this.
    03-23-2015 06:26 PM
    I
    Unless you drop phone alot, I say put skins (like invisible shield, bestskinever, etc) all over the phone and go semi-naked! Its a beauty, why cover it?
    This is what I plan to do. I'll have a thicker case as well to slap on when I think I'm doing riskier things. But if it's my typical day of going to work then going home, I'll just have a skin on it. And the only real reason for the skin is to handle fingerprints. Probably do nothing on the front.

My only concern with this is the camera since it bulges and have never had a phone that had that. There definitely won't be any light tossing on tables like I could with a case though...
    03-23-2015 06:40 PM
    I

This is what I plan to do. I'll have a thicker case as well to slap on when I think I'm doing riskier things. But if it's my typical day of going to work then going home, I'll just have a skin on it. And the only real reason for the skin is to handle fingerprints. Probably do nothing on the front.

My only concern with this is the camera since it bulges and have never had a phone that had that. There definitely won't be any light tossing on tables like I could with a case though...
    Never had an issue with device functionality with the OTTERBOX Defender case on any of my smartphones.
    yaddam205 likes this.
    03-23-2015 07:21 PM
    Thanks for the comments

03-23-2015 08:24 PM
    Never had an issue with device functionality with the OTTERBOX Defender case on any of my smartphones.
    So you've had good experience with such cases and wireless charging? How about NFC payments?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-24-2015 06:12 AM
    So you've had good experience with such cases and wireless charging? How about NFC payments?

Posted via Android Central App
    I,apologize if I was not clear. I was just trying to say that I have had no signal reception issues with the case no matter where I am. No issues with NFC. Wireless charging not so much as I have the GS4.
    03-24-2015 06:47 AM
    Because I am a klutz.
    LynnL and KarlDag like this.
    03-24-2015 06:48 AM
    Android central just wrote a article on this

03-24-2015 02:28 PM
    Because I am a klutz.
    Ditto. Just this morning I got out of my car with a phone in my lap, and it went flying 5 feet across the parking lot. It's still in perfect condition. I use the Otterbox commuter and I always have confidence when I pick up the phone knowing it will be fine.
    03-24-2015 03:00 PM
    Ditto. Just this morning I got out of my car with a phone in my lap, and it went flying 5 feet across the parking lot. It's still in perfect condition. I use the Otterbox commuter and I always have confidence when I pick up the phone knowing it will be fine.
    This has happened to me so many time. Phone in my lap then get out the car and it falls right on the ground. I'm definitely getting a case for this. Not a thick one like Otter Box but a slim case plus glass screen protector. As much as i want to show off this phones beauty I think i would literally cry if I cracked it.
    03-24-2015 03:44 PM
    I always go naked, but they'll probably have cutouts or something to accommodate the wireless stuff.
    03-24-2015 03:54 PM
    03-24-2015 04:13 PM
    Realizing the car is the biggest culprit is half the battle. Get a routine down like you do with your keys and you're good.
    03-24-2015 04:18 PM
    It does, but to what extent, is yet to be 'discovered'. No word yet if it will or not because, well, the device is not actually out yet. But if the case is too thick and the receiver unit for Samsung Pay or the induction charger isn't too 'powerful', it will interfere. Most of the time, though, it shouldn't, but you will see decreased range for sure. It depends on the card reader, NFC receiver, and/or wireless charger whether or not this decreased range affects it.
    This.
    03-24-2015 04:27 PM
    The polycarbonate shell of the Defender appears to have a fairly large opening where the camera cutout is located. Can't tell if there are more cutouts. As it is not out yet, changes may be afoot.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-24-2015 05:00 PM
    Lifeproof Frė may be my back up.
    03-24-2015 09:41 PM