04-17-2015 10:20 AM
205 12345 ...
tools
    samsungs own stock browser will inevitably be optimized for the device. but chrome is definitely my favourite browser.
    Could not have said it better but Chrome is a good one.
    03-26-2015 08:14 PM
    9.3 for the GS6 vs 8.3 for the M9 enough said.
    It depends what is important to you. Still waiting for some real world battery life reports. So far none of the M9 reviews have been with the final US version. And this is total nonsense with the S6, the newer colors won't be available in the US and supposedly Verizon will only have black or white? It's ridiculous. Why not all colors on all carriers? Camera is not a big deal for me, from what I have read the M9 camera will be good enough. I'm not looking to take museum quality pictures with a smartphone. QHD screen...who cares? Like 1080 is not adequate for a 5 inch screen? I'm coming from a 720 screen on my Razr Maxx HD so 1080 is more than enough. I was looking at the gold S6 but apparently it won't be available on Verizon. So now the M9 is back in the running. Or maybe just pass and keep my current phone.
    Stanley Kubrick likes this.
    03-26-2015 08:53 PM
    It depends what is important to you. Still waiting for some real world battery life reports. So far none of the M9 reviews have been with the final US version. And this is total nonsense with the S6, the newer colors won't be available in the US and supposedly Verizon will only have black or white? It's ridiculous. Why not all colors on all carriers? Camera is not a big deal for me, from what I have read the M9 camera will be good enough. I'm not looking to take museum quality pictures with a smartphone. QHD screen...who cares? Like 1080 is not adequate for a 5 inch screen? I'm coming from a 720 screen on my Razr Maxx HD so 1080 is more than enough. I was looking at the gold S6 but apparently it won't be available on Verizon. So now the M9 is back in the running. Or maybe just pass and keep my current phone.
    Well said but where there's smoke, there's fire. Granted reviews vary by firmware version and reviewer and we don't have production unit results yet but they are coming. Initial ones give us great optimism for even better reviews going forward. As the embargo is lifted, these reviewers will most likely be evaluating production units that will give a better indication. The early reviews have been more consistently good for the GS6 whereas the M9 has been hammered pretty well across the board so far.
    03-26-2015 09:00 PM
    Waiting for that source.
    I posted the source before this, it was Forbes.

And it turned out to be true, the reviews are coming in now, PhoneArena, The Verge etc
    03-27-2015 05:11 AM
    I posted the source before this, it was Forbes.

And it turned out to be true, the reviews are coming in now, PhoneArena, The Verge etc
    theres nothing on the verge.
    03-27-2015 06:51 AM
    theres nothing on the verge.
    Oops, I meant Anandtech
    03-27-2015 07:03 AM
    03-27-2015 08:36 AM
    What is the best browser? Chrome?

I'm an android noob
    Firefox, for concerns of battery, security, speed, and privacy.
    03-27-2015 08:46 AM
    03-27-2015 10:36 AM
    I have just been to my local shopping mall in the North of England where I got to try both the S6, S6 edge and M9

I firstly went to the Samsung store to see their beautiful presentation of phones, I asked if they had the S6 in and they said right this way sir.... unfortunately, by 3pm all of them were out of battery... JOKING!

My first impressions were, this phone is AMAZING, it was super fast with no lag, the screen was out of this world, and the camera hump isn't a problem at all.

Between the edge and the regular, I would elect the regular, firstly because of the way it feels in the hand, I can imagine people dropping the edge ALOT

Secondly, I believe the regular S6 has a bigger screen, I know that technically it is the same size, but when you are looking directly down at the phone you aren't fully seeing the content on the edge of the screen, yes it is visible but not as clearly as the regular S6. So technically the edge has a narrower screen.

I got to test the M9 absolutely no presentation in any stores, it was just wired up on the rack next to all the other phones.
    I first noticed that it was warm, super warm, it was kind of like taking your power pack out of the wall socket and holding it. The screen had been on all day, but so had the S6's.

However, the screen on the M9 was also great, and it felt amazing in the hand.

I'm just waiting for the battery life confirmations so I can order the S6
    03-29-2015 11:35 AM
    I have just been to my local shopping mall in the North of England where I got to try both the S6, S6 edge and M9

I firstly went to the Samsung store to see their beautiful presentation of phones, I asked if they had the S6 in and they said right this way sir.... unfortunately, by 3pm all of them were out of battery... JOKING!

My first impressions were, this phone is AMAZING, it was super fast with no lag, the screen was out of this world, and the camera hump isn't a problem at all.

Between the edge and the regular, I would elect the regular, firstly because of the way it feels in the hand, I can imagine people dropping the edge ALOT

Secondly, I believe the regular S6 has a bigger screen, I know that technically it is the same size, but when you are looking directly down at the phone you aren't fully seeing the content on the edge of the screen, yes it is visible but not as clearly as the regular S6. So technically the edge has a narrower screen.

I got to test the M9 absolutely no presentation in any stores, it was just wired up on the rack next to all the other phones.
    I first noticed that it was warm, super warm, it was kind of like taking your power pack out of the wall socket and holding it. The screen had been on all day, but so had the S6's.

However, the screen on the M9 was also great, and it felt amazing in the hand.

I'm just waiting for the battery life confirmations so I can order the S6
    Did you find that the GS6 felt better in the hand than the Edge? I am totally on board with your caution about battery life and you've aware of my thoughts. The smaller battery in the GS6 is achieving near comparable results powering a better device than it predecessor with a larger battery. If it gets you through a whole day at work, and there are options like charging at work and in the car as well as rapid charging, wireless charging and power banks, battery life while important should not be holding back your decision within the current paradigm. More and more businesses like Starbucks and companies like. IKEA are going to make wireless charging more common place. It's totally your call.
    03-29-2015 01:08 PM
    Did you find that the GS6 felt better in the hand than the Edge? I am totally on board with your caution about battery life and you've aware of my thoughts. The smaller battery in the GS6 is achieving near comparable results powering a better device than it predecessor with a larger battery. If it gets you through a whole day at work, and there are options like charging at work and in the car as well as rapid charging, wireless charging and power banks, battery life while important should not be holding back your decision within the current paradigm. More and more businesses like Starbucks and companies like. IKEA are going to make wireless charging more common place. It's totally your call.
    Yep, the GS6 was 100% better in the hand, much easy to juggle around if you were going to grab it to answer a call, and if you imagine how thin the edge is on the sides, and I really think people will be dropping them, and I refuse to put the edge in a case.

Will the S6 be better than the iPhone 6?

The current battery tests are so mixed
    03-29-2015 01:18 PM
    Yep, the GS6 was 100% better in the hand, much easy to juggle around if you were going to grab it to answer a call, and if you imagine how thin the edge is on the sides, and I really think people will be dropping them, and I refuse to put the edge in a case.

Will the S6 be better than the iPhone 6?

The current battery tests are so mixed
    From an overall perspective not just instance where the i6 loaded one web page faster, the GS6 offers more in the way of functionality and performance, feature wise as well, beats it's completion. Do I wish the battery life was superior to the GS5? Sure. The reality is that it appears that it is achieving somewhat comparable result to its predecessor on a device whose performance and features are better and more optimized in the case of the GS6 with a smaller battery.
    03-29-2015 01:40 PM
    Still would like to see some reviews regarding battery life. I think most people that are really interested in this device have already seen and played with one so they don't know need any other info.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-29-2015 01:46 PM
    Still would like to see some reviews regarding battery life. I think most people that are really interested in this device have already seen and played with one so they don't know need any other info.
    Beyond this forum, doubtful battery life is holding many back from a decision. Totally share your concerns they were clearly not enough to dissuade me from my decision. Given the charging options and wireless charging becoming more prevalent, more UI and OS updates on the way, iam going to enjoy myself when my preorder arrives.
    03-29-2015 02:02 PM
    I thought the Edge felt very secure in the hand because of the way the slopes on the edges give my fingers and thumb more area to grip. It's also possible it depends on how you hold your phone. Also, I got to hold the Edge without any tether (props to the TMo sales guy).
    03-29-2015 02:03 PM
    I thought the Edge felt very secure in the hand because of the way the slopes on the edges give my fingers and thumb more area to grip. It's also possible it depends on how you hold your phone. Also, I got to hold the Edge without any tether (props to the TMo sales guy).
    To me the bezel,edges,were,pronounced making the feel more awkward. I never felt like I was going to drop it but it didn't feel as solid in the hand.
    03-29-2015 02:18 PM

Coney718 likes this.
    03-31-2015 07:05 AM
    One thing is clear: everyone needs to hold each in their hand to know which is best for them. I love the hand-feel of the edge, others strongly prefer the S6. There's no consensus other than *try it yourself*!
    03-31-2015 07:30 AM
    One thing is clear: everyone needs to hold each in their hand to know which is best for them. I love the hand-feel of the edge, others strongly prefer the S6. There's no consensus other than *try it yourself*!
    They're both incredible. That's the consensus. Which one is more incredible for you is the only unknown at this point. I ordered the Edge, but I love the in hand feel of the regular S6, too.

Posted via the Android Central App
    karmamule likes this.
    03-31-2015 08:01 AM
    Beyond this forum, doubtful battery life is holding many back from a decision. Totally share your concerns they were clearly not enough to dissuade me from my decision. Given the charging options and wireless charging becoming more prevalent, more UI and OS updates on the way, iam going to enjoy myself when my preorder arrives.
    I'm plenty of other forums people are concerned about battery life. When a new device at best is 25% less than the S4 and 35% less than the S5,yes people are going to be concerned.

But I agree with you. More places are going to start using wireless charging in their business.

I say just in a nice coffee shop I frequent and he's a big phone geek like me. After speaking with him a bit about what he thinks of the S6, he said that he is installing wireless chargers for all his tables. He said it's worth the 20 bucks or so to buy and install them. I think more mom abs pop places are going to make such a tiny investment for the future. It's not even an expensive investment.

Posted via Android Central App
    karmamule likes this.
    03-31-2015 08:33 AM
    I'm plenty of other forums people are concerned about battery life. When a new device at best is 25% less than the S4 and 35% less than the S5,yes people are going to be concerned.

But I agree with you. More places are going to start using wireless charging in their business.

I say just in a nice coffee shop I frequent and he's a big phone geek like me. After speaking with him a bit about what he thinks of the S6, he said that he is installing wireless chargers for all his tables. He said it's worth the 20 bucks or so to buy and install them. I think more mom abs pop places are going to make such a tiny investment for the future. It's not even an expensive investment.

At best 25% less than the S4? Think that might be an exaggeration? I think the "at best" would be what Phone Arena posted as their results for battery life. They say the S6 gets 7h 14 mins and the S4 gets 4h 59 mins. So I'm not sure how that calculates to 25% less "at best".

I don't like people that spew garbage no matter which way they're spewing it. The people that say it will have the best battery life out of every phone are spewing garbage. The people saying it will be worse than "average" phone's 2-3 years old are probably also spewing garbage. Why don't we all just agree that we don't know and assume that is just average based on today's phones, which is what most review sites are saying and move on from the subject until you actually own one and can post your own results.
    20blks, aggie and jcp007 like this.
    03-31-2015 08:51 AM
    At best 25% less than the S4? Think that might be an exaggeration? I think the "at best" would be what Phone Arena posted as their results for battery life. They say the S6 gets 7h 14 mins and the S4 gets 4h 59 mins. So I'm not sure how that calculates to 25% less "at best"
    You don't want to jump down this rabbit hole with him, Steve. Trust me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    STEVESKI07 likes this.
    03-31-2015 08:54 AM
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...laxy-S5_id3973

Posted on PhoneArena this morning.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-31-2015 09:09 AM

I love seeing this sort of thing. Here's hoping more businesses realize that sort of small investment will make them a preferred destination for a growing number of customers.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-31-2015 09:36 AM
205 12345 ...