04-17-2015 10:20 AM
205 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I'm plenty of other forums people are concerned about battery life. When a new device at best is 25% less than the S4 and 35% less than the S5,yes people are going to be concerned.

Posted via Android Central App
    I have some mild concern as well, but im focusing more on the fact that it is 100% of my iphone 6 in terms of battery life, not that it is 75% of the s4. I feel that towards the end of my contact, ill definitely be using the power saving features more but if it gets me through the day 95% of the time over the next 18-24 months, that is fine with me..

I say just in a nice coffee shop I frequent and he's a big phone geek like me. After speaking with him a bit about what he thinks of the S6, he said that he is installing wireless chargers for all his tables. He said it's worth the 20 bucks or so to buy and install them. I think more mom abs pop places are going to make such a tiny investment for the future. It's not even an expensive investment.
    03-31-2015 09:40 AM
    theverge review is up!!!

Samsung Galaxy S6 review | The Verge

overall score of 8.8 which is GREAT! but i'm sure some will chime in about verge being pro-apple and cry about it.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-31-2015 09:41 AM
    theverge review is up!!!

overall score of 8.8 which is GREAT! but i'm sure some will chime in about verge being pro-apple and cry about it.
    I agreed with it, actually. Would have listed the performance at a 10 considering the horsepower in this thing, but that's about it. The tag line they posted on Twitter is that it's the best Android phone available. Can't argue with that.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2015 09:50 AM
    theverge review is up!!!

Nice !
    03-31-2015 09:50 AM
    theverge review is up!!!

Best review so far imo
    03-31-2015 09:57 AM
    Got the phone yesterday and got to agree this is one of the best android phones I've used. I had a HTC one M9 on order as well but canceled it today since that will be just collecting dust. For me personally below are the things which nailed it.

1. Camera, no other android phone comes close even though some argue that lg and Sony are close. I have used them as well but the S6 is in a different league compared to any previous android phones. Note 4 probably is close.
    2. Fingerprint scanner which actually works and reliable like iPhone.
    3. Design
    4. Better touchwiz even though I'm not a fan at least it's not lagging and stuttering like the previous versions.
    karmamule likes this.
    03-31-2015 10:10 AM
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Note-4_id3969

Another one from PhoneArena

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-31-2015 10:40 AM
    You don't want to jump down this rabbit hole with him, Steve. Trust me.

I think we both know that I'm talking about SoT, and that yes based on such numbers the new phone arena tests are not screen on times. Lol, no S5 that I know did over 7 hours of SoT. The S4, not much better then 4ish. I know, I just sold mine.
    I'll leave it alone now. But we both know that the S6 doesn't have over 7 hours of screen on time.

03-31-2015 10:53 AM
    Seems people either love the Edge or hate it.
    03-31-2015 10:53 AM
    Got the phone yesterday and got to agree this is one of the best android phones I've used. I had a HTC one M9 on order as well but canceled it today since that will be just collecting dust. For me personally below are the things which nailed it.

1. Camera, no other android phone comes close even though some argue that lg and Sony are close. I have used them as well but the S6 is in a different league compared to any previous android phones. Note 4 probably is close.
    3. Design
    4. Better touchwiz even though I'm not a fan at least it's not lagging and stuttering like the previous versions.
    Great to hear

03-31-2015 10:54 AM
    I think we both know that I'm talking about SoT, and that yes based on such numbers the new phone arena tests are not screen on times. Lol, no S5 that I know did over 7 hours of SoT. The S4, not much better then 4ish. I know, I just sold mine.
    I'll leave it alone now. But we both know that the S6 doesn't have over 7 hours of screen on time.

Yes, the S6 won't do 7 hours with that size cell.

03-31-2015 11:00 AM
    S5 does 7 hours SoT? Curious to know who got that with what carrier, OS version. In my mind, 5 hours max is realistic and 5.5 hours if lucky.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-31-2015 11:08 AM
    S5 does 7 hours SoT? Curious to know who got that with what carrier, OS version. In my mind, 5 hours max is realistic and 5.5 hours if lucky.
    Thank you for agreeing with me.

03-31-2015 11:18 AM
    Yes, the S6 won't do 7 hours with that size cell.

Thank you

03-31-2015 11:19 AM

3. Design
    Almost word-for-word why I canceled my M9 order and got the Edge after reading initial reviews. I've had one day of use too and feel quite confident I made the right choice.
    03-31-2015 11:54 AM
    Almost word-for-word why I canceled my M9 order and got the Edge after reading initial reviews. I've had one day of use too and feel quite confident I made the right choice.
    AWESOME. Keep us updated.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-31-2015 11:57 AM

The PhoneArena test is a pure battery drain test from 100% to 0% in an isolated environment with controlled conditions.

The conditions your phone experiences in the real world are vastly different to what it experiences in a controlled test.
    Your phone has to deal with changing signal strength, standby drain, background processes as a result of apps you installed and varying usage patterns.

It is simply illogical to expect the same battery life in real world use as was achieved in a controlled testing environment.

If I use my S5 as an example, some days I will reach 6 hours of screen on time, other days I will only reach 4 hours. My use of the phone varies daily as do signal strength and other conditions, this is the reason why reviewers have developed standardized testing to eliminate the deviation that can occur as a result of these changes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    03-31-2015 12:54 PM
    Yeah, I had the M9 ordered as well, they were supposed to ship yesterday but didn't. And after playing with the S6 for whole day yesterday I cancelled my M9 today morning.
    03-31-2015 01:44 PM
    Yeah, I had the M9 ordered as well, they were supposed to ship yesterday but didn't. And after playing with the S6 for whole day yesterday I cancelled my M9 today morning.
    Not getting their M9 out earlier than the S6 is going to be a fatal mistake for HTC. I'd be curious to see the amount of canceled preorders of the M9 when the S6 reviews/preorders/Best Buy displays happened.
    03-31-2015 01:53 PM
    Not getting their M9 out earlier than the S6 is going to be a fatal mistake for HTC. I'd be curious to see the amount of canceled preorders of the M9 when the S6 reviews/preorders/Best Buy displays happened.
    I agree. I just visited my local AT&T Store to checkout the HTC M9 and Galaxy S6, but they didn't have the M9 out on display yet. In my case, I was really leaning towards the S6 but not having the HTC M9 available for comparison really hurts HTC.
    03-31-2015 02:42 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Review: The iPhone 6 Has Met Its Match - WSJ

WSJ review is out - very favorable. Confirms general thoughts on battery life - a little worse than the S5, a little better than the iPhone 6. WSJ isn't a big deal to tech/gadget people, but it's a very influential column in the real world.
    lindseybp likes this.
    03-31-2015 04:25 PM
    My question is how are so many people ordering multiple Flagship phones at the same time to use simultaneously? please teach me your methods to be able to do this! Please!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5
    03-31-2015 09:04 PM
    My question is how are so many people ordering multiple Flagship phones at the same time to use simultaneously? please teach me your methods to be able to do this! Please!

Well that's easy. I use a GSM carrier like tmobile, so when I get bored with one flagship I pop out the sim and put in the other phone. That's it. No activating crap like CDMA.

Everything is sync'd via cloud so nothing else to do.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-31-2015 09:07 PM
    Well that's easy. I use a GSM carrier like tmobile, so when I get bored with one flagship I pop out the sim and put in the other phone. That's it. No activating crap like CDMA.

Everything is sync'd via cloud so nothing else to do.
    Awesome! I'm stuck on CDMA 😑

03-31-2015 09:18 PM
    You don't want to jump down this rabbit hole with him, Steve. Trust me.

He'll try to bait you and drag you down the hole. Don't fall for it.
    03-31-2015 09:19 PM
205 ... 23456 ...